Learning To Drive In The Left Hand Side Of The Road.

gudtymchuk

The manually is still superior to an automatic in every department. Especially the fun department. There is no greater joy then shifting in the mountains. It is so much fun. But you are going to underestimate this experience simply because you don't know better, you just dont know what you are missing out on.

In general the difference between a MT and a similar equiped AT is 40-50.000 baht. Save those bucks and get yourself some clothes, go out for some nice dinner instead. You know what you can buy for 50.000 baht?! There is NO REASON at all to get a AT. It sucks, its slow, it consumes more fuel, its more expensive to buy, more expensive to maintain, boring. There is nothing an AT is better at. NOTHING! People that buy AT are lazy uneducated fools and bad drivers. They just don't know any better.

Actually there is a new type of transmission, which is better than the traditional manual type while even smoother than the traditional automatic gear.

Cars like Volkswagen and Audi had it first, and soon others followed, even the new Ferrari has it now. It's the so-called "double clutch" or DSG gearbox.

It allows the driver the put it in fully automatic mode (with an "S" option) or in manual mode with shift paddles behind the steering wheel. There is no clutch pedal anymore.

Here in Thailand, cars like the AUDI TT or Volkswagen Golf GTI have it and I can tell you, it's be best gearbox I have ever used. Absolutely fantastic. Fast up-shifting and smooth down-shifting with the right sound from the engine.

I believe you wood be a fool not to use this gearbox.

I know about DSG. Well I dont know about the performance of that gearbox. But I do know that is alot more expensive then a similar equiped manual transmission. And is not as satisfying and engaging as a manual transmission.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had one of those "whoa" moments a few days ago in Laos. Wasn't paying much attention to the highway (I wasn't driving) and then it dawned on me we were driving on the right, not left, and the steering wheel was on the left, not right.

With so much in Laos the same as Thailand, I found it interesting they drive on the "right" side of the road :)