Advice From The Been There Done Experts Please

Hi All,

I wondered if some of you with experience in this area could give me your 5 cents worth. I have lived in Phuket on and off for the best part of 3 years and realistically despite its ever increasing faults/problems etc is where my girlfriend lives and the only place she is happy to live which I understand.

I am from the UK so property prices/problems and everything else property is a constant part of our daily lives like it or not! I would like to know if you think it is still possible to get value in Phuket though? Is a land purchase and build the wise course here considering what appears the skyward craziness that seems to be house prices here by the week?

Any views opinions on this crazy and probably unique housing market would be appreciated.

Mak

Good questions! I've been here 1 1/2 years and am still deciding what to do. I know one guy who has been here 5 years, and has waited 3 years to buy his dream house in a managed estate, only to find the price has gone up from 15 mil to 32 mil! He's s now gone for a 8 mil house somewhere else.

I'll wait to see what others post on this one :o

You can still buy land quite cheaply in Phuket if you are not wanting prime locations. I looked at land with great sea views last week that was selling at 1.5 mil per rai - it was quite nice.

In the Thalang area, you can still get land at about 500k per Rai and Ao Phor area is ok at about 2 mil per Rai. Chalong and Rawai still has ok land plots from 1.5 mil per Rai and up.

It is always better to build on a piece of land than buy something already built IMHO as it usually works out at about 1/2 the price. Thats if you could be bothered with the building problems that will arise.

good luck!