Red Shirt Activity In The City

JuniorExPat

junior ex pat

re .... it's quiet here by Wat Pra Singh just around the corner from the Red HQ

lets hope it stays that way!

pic 1 taken 9 mar 10

pic 2 taken 5 may 10

pic 3 taken at lunchtime today and the other two entrances that have been there

for months ....... have been closed since yesterday and this is now the only entrance / exit

dave2

The State of Emergency issued yesterday simply puts the Army on notice to come to full alert in those provinces. The SOE

takes the local police out of the picture and the Army can take control at any time. It is a legal maneuver that gives the Army control if things get worse sorry to say they could. :)

so not a things happenning despite all the talk of burning down government offices, not even a crowd in thier main base. Could it be thier behaviour of late has lost them many sypathisers?

junior ex pat

a follow up to yesterdays pics

good news ... : )

the front entrance and the back have been opened up this morning so traffic can go through again.

a stand down for everyone i hope

see pic .... dave2

junior ex pat

a follow up to yesterdays pics

good news ... : )

the front entrance and the back have been opened up this morning so traffic can go through again.

a stand down for everyone i hope

see pic .... dave2

I've always been able to drive through. In fact, I make a point of driving through when I am in that part of the city.

I just drove up Chotana Road (Mae Rim Road) at 12:30. About 400-500 red shirts were gathering at the entrance of City Hall when I passed. They were handing out CDs to all the cars, waving flags and it looked like they were congregating to go through the entrance. Quite a few police around as well.

post-18506-1273992375_thumb.jpg

post-18506-1273992500_thumb.jpg

post-18506-1273992622_thumb.jpg

Edited by earlofwindermere

Its not looking good after the PM announcement on clearing the hospital in BK. Spill over may effect CM.

A PM announcement in Thailand warning police or military intervention carries about the same weight as Lala from teletubbies telling Po not to eat too much teletubbies toast.

Do you watch all the Thai soaps? :)

• 3 weeks later...

Access to the Reds' hotel has been blocked by the police this morning.

Inside the temple between Wat Pra Singh and the police station there is an army truck with military police helmets lined up on the bench seats but no sign of any military policemen!

More of a traffic report for anyone intending to enter or exit the old city via Wat Pra Singh than anything else. I may pop out and ask a few questions later if the police maintain their presence but as of right now there seems to be nothing specific to be concerned about.

JxP

It seems that the reason for the road block is that the Red Shirt radio station is being dismantled.

The owner of the hotel and the radio station, and his wife, are now on the run from the law. I guess the cops are taking advantage of their absence and finally taking all their gear away.

Did anyone notice the giant bell which has been locked up on the moat near Chang Puak gate is now gone? Apparently the bell was put there a while back as some sort of magic charm which would grant Thaksin and the reds some special mystical powers. It has been locked and chained up and under 24 hour guard by the reds ever since. But after the Reds were put away in BKK no one wanted to guard it so the army has apparently taken it, and I've heard, gifted it to some temple somewhere.

jounior ex pat with ..... Red Shirt radio station is being dismantled

was 100 % right.

pic 1 ... taken at 11 30 am this morning with the mast there

pic 2 ... taken at 4 pm this afternoon ... the mast has gone ... with the army lowering down the sections from the roof

and being loaded into an army truck on the right

pic 3 ... taken at 5 pm this afternoon with the truck loaded and everyone leaving .... job done !

dave2post-42592-035215600 1275915529_thumb.jppost-42592-030081100 1275915561_thumb.jppost-42592-007664300 1275915599_thumb.jp