Recommend A Good Lawyer

Who is the best Legal Firm or Lawyer to use for a Marriage Visa/Visa extension for the Immigration at Chaengwattana?

I am looking for somebody, well respected and acceptable by the Immigration but who doesn't charge crazy fees.

In spite of many trouble free years with Suan Plu I now get the impression that the Staff are not able to use their own discretion in making a decision.

Please PM me if you want your recommendation to remain confidential.

Staff have never had the right to make a decision on marriage extension of stay - they gather the required paperwork and state that it appear to enable the extension of stay but that goes to committee for approval - which is why there is a 30 day window for processing to final approval. As long as you meet the conditions and have a valid marriage (together) there should not be a problem doing yourself in my opinion. There will always be a few exceptions but believe most will not have issues.

I have never known anyone use a lawyer for a marriage visa. Why use one? It would cost you the lawyer's fees and the outcome would be the same - if you are eligible you will be granted a visa, if not, well the lawyer won't get it anyway.

I have never known anyone use a lawyer for a marriage visa. Why use one? It would cost you the lawyer's fees and the outcome would be the same - if you are eligible you will be granted a visa, if not, well the lawyer won't get it anyway.

This is Thailand my friend :)

Even allowing for the vagaries of the Thai Immigration system, you are wasting money paying for a lawyer when you can do the application yourself by spending a few baht on photocopies and the fee for a notorial letter from the Embassy should you need one.