Is Doi Saket Prone To Flooding?

carlosacao

I plan to buy some land in the Doi Saket area and I appreciate any feedback that I can get.

I know Doi Saket is quite large and probably gets flooding in some locations. The land in question is off the Bo Sang-Doi Saket road (1007 road) just about half way between Doi Saket and Bo Sang (about 7.5 Km from Bo Sang), at a soi 1,3 km from the right side of the Bo Sang-Doi Saket road if coming from the direction of Bo Sang (same soi that goes to the local government house (Obato)).

I also wonder if any possible flooding would be mainly from rain water? I didn't see rivers there or any other source of water that can create flooding. Thanks in advance. :)

Cheers

I live approximately 2 kilo from Doi Saket. I have been all over this area and not seen or heard of any flood areas. As I say this just use some common sense when looking at property ravens, drainage ditch, irrigation canals.

I live approximately 2 kilo from Doi Saket. I have been all over this area and not seen or heard of any flood areas. As I say this just use some common sense when looking at property ravens, drainage ditch, irrigation canals.

Thank you gotlost, appreciated.

I have (well at least my daughter's mother has) some land in Amphoe Doi Saket, Tambon Sanpuloy. It's not that far away from where you are looking but in the 20 years that I have been associated with this area I've never seen any flooding.

I have (well at least my daughter's mother has) some land in Amphoe Doi Saket, Tambon Sanpuloy. It's not that far away from where you are looking but in the 20 years that I have been associated with this area I've never seen any flooding.

Thank you Blinky Bill, that's really good to know. Take care.

Doi saket may not suffer from flooding, but it does experience horrendously destructive hail storms, sits right on the most unstable fault line in SE asia, is the only known habitat of a particularly lethal breed of millipede, and is used as a landing site for a highly agressive tribe of space alien. But its dry.

Sorry, dont take this to seriously. Ha ha ha. :)

Seems so funny as i write it.

Maybe I need to get more sleep. Ha ha ha ha ha........ :D

Doi saket may not suffer from flooding, but it does experience horrendously destructive hail storms, sits right on the most unstable fault line in SE asia, is the only known habitat of a particularly lethal breed of millipede, and is used as a landing site for a highly agressive tribe of space alien. But its dry.

Sorry, dont take this to seriously. Ha ha ha. :)

Or perhaps 1 or 2 bottles less.

Carlos.....it sounds from your directions that we may be neighbors. Is your place on the road to G&M sausages?? Road to Maejong?? Turn off main road near Ban Mae kaa?? Been here for 8 yrs. Have had only a couple of rains that flodded the road in that time, but they drained quickly. there are areas near the major klongs that can flood easily.

If so.....like all places here in 'the big valley' it is hit or miss.....with all the little micro climates it can be raining cats and soidogs 500 mtrs from you while you are dry and of course, it depends on local drainage. If building....bring in land fill as high as you can or dig your own with a lake and diggings to be used as land fill.

Right now, I would appreciate some flooding, as we haven't had any decent rains for more than 6 months.

Send me your phone number by PM and we can determine weather we are neighbors or not. Anyway, welcome to our neighborhood....not too many falangs near by.

Edited by jaideeguy

If one is to follow the postings of the two posters in question on this thread you would have to put their opinions in the <deleted> category. :)

Talking about <deleted>, who owns your shack gotlost? You seem to be an expert on land ownership :D

I bought it(my money) :D wife owns it. :D I happy she happy. :D

If one is to follow the postings of the two posters in question on this thread you would have to put their opinions in the <deleted> category. :)

Talking about <deleted>, who owns your shack gotlost? You seem to be an expert on land ownership :D

but, by yr emoticons, you are smiling , shes laughing! why? :D

but, by yr emoticons, you are smiling , shes laughing! why? :D

I'll leave that up to you.

Sorry, dont take this to seriously. Ha ha ha. :D

Man........ you got me going for a moment. :)

Carlos.....it sounds from your directions that we may be neighbors. Is your place on the road to G&M sausages?? Road to Maejong?? Turn off main road near Ban Mae kaa?? Been here for 8 yrs. Have had only a couple of rains that flodded the road in that time, but they drained quickly. there are areas near the major klongs that can flood easily.

If so.....like all places here in 'the big valley' it is hit or miss.....with all the little micro climates it can be raining cats and soidogs 500 mtrs from you while you are dry and of course, it depends on local drainage. If building....bring in land fill as high as you can or dig your own with a lake and diggings to be used as land fill.

Right now, I would appreciate some flooding, as we haven't had any decent rains for more than 6 months.

Send me your phone number by PM and we can determine weather we are neighbors or not. Anyway, welcome to our neighborhood....not too many falangs near by.

Thank you jaideeguy, Hope it's the same area, Have no clue about the street names, so I'm not sure, but can go from there to the german restaurant. I sent you a message with my number and 2 pics that show the soi area.

We talk later then. Take care.

Another topic has been split off.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic-land-o...ip-t361621.html

Keep this on topic. Thanks.

PB, just noticed this, sorry, as Ive closed the other thread. My closing suggestion was to create a separate serious thread focusing on land ownership (although many threads in the forum already on this). Of course you are welcome to open it again.

If anything the Doi Saket area seems very hot and dry. No flooding issues, though obviously you'd want to make sure that you raise the land high enough to avoid flash floods after heavy rain.

( Funny how these topics always bring out the obsessive-compulsive types wanting to rant on the definition of 'buying' or 'owning'. :) )