Your Fav Thai Products/things

Utterlyuseful

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

post-61130-1272958790_thumb.jpg

that can't be Thai it's not dried out and brown with loads of seeds. that looks like my BC product

Looks more like that Colorado medicinal stuff... the BC bud as more purple...... Back in the 70s the Thai-stick rocked...

"Add your favs.... "

Other than my honey, her daughter, and sleeping in my own bed in my own house ..... I would have to say the street markets and food hawkers. Fresh and dee-lish!

prick nam plaa

seconded! please add Bangkok Schnitzel, Chiang Mai Sauerkraut and Kassler, Weisswurst à la Ubon Whatchamacallit, Nürnberger Rostbratwürste from Nakhon Nowhere, Narathiwat french fries, Samui sweet bavarian mustard... :)

Food.

Bum gun.

Girls sitting side saddle on motor cy.

Markets.

Air con.

Foot massage.

Watching late night footie.

Watching soi dog fights from the safety of your balcony.

Taking a shower.

Mango season.

Watching your friends (1st time to BKK) face after getting a shoulder rub when taking a piss.

Kela-lotion (formerly known as Kanolone - will fix almost any skin-condition in a few days)

Curry-paste - I usually buy a lot of this to my home.

Cougar Milk Caramels - Only produced in Thailand. Had my gf send a bunch of it to me through mail.

Era-Powder

Cheap labour

Cheap cost of tires - I just blew my tire today and a brand new tire (the best they could offer), inner tube, labour cost me 120 THB.

Fresh cold coconut water.

Tum Yam Gai / Gong - Still not been able to replicate it 100% in my home country.

Fresh jasmine rice - especially when aromatic, smelling a bit like popcorn - Can eat it by itself.

The Laos brothels in Udon Thani where I get my meat for 150 baht an ass.

You sound lovely! :)

I vote for the bum gun too. life is just a streak of sh*t without one... oh, and of course the lovely ladies (not the imprisoned variety)...

When it REALLY comes down to the nitty-gritty of what I like in Thailand it is the price of my monthly hotel room in Chiang Mai. I pay the equivalent of about $150 (about 4000 baht) a month for a nice corner room with a view in a Thai hotel. I can't turn my oil furnace on for that in Canada. Then, I can get a nice Thai meal that will hold me for most of the day and it costs me about $1.25 (about 40 baht). I can't get one cup of coffee for that in Canada. Then of course there are my lovely friends who come and visit me. I'm 70 and feel like 30 when I'm in Thailand.

I can help out friends and act like a big spender, and still live cheaper than I do in Canada. And, thats with no mortgage on my home in BC, and nothing to pay other than heating, electricity, insurance and taxes.

Of course I don't live in Thailand full time and I don't have to buy anything either. All imported goods are much higher in Thailand than they are in Canada, and many things you can't even get.

Water gun in the toilet to clean your arse after a dump. I can't imagine life without one.

Amen to that, I've been back to the states for near on 2 years now and I still miss those things terribly; my wife thinks we are all a bunch of dirty butt barbarians :)

Food.

Bum gun.

Girls sitting side saddle on motor cy.

Markets.

Air con.

Foot massage.

Watching late night footie.

Watching soi dog fights from the safety of your balcony.

Taking a shower.

Mango season.

Watching your friends (1st time to BKK) face after getting a shoulder rub when taking a piss.

:):D:D

How complicated or expensive in terms of plumbing would it be to set up one those butt guns overseas? Anyonne tried it?

Water gun in the toilet to clean your arse after a dump. I can't imagine life without one.

Amen to that, I've been back to the states for near on 2 years now and I still miss those things terribly; my wife thinks we are all a bunch of dirty butt barbarians :)

How complicated or expensive in terms of plumbing would it be to set up one those butt guns overseas? Anyonne tried it?

back in my last trip to NZ, saw the bum gun in a hardware store, cost NZ $60 or about 1500 B haha

as for installation, easy

tee off the incoming water to the cistern

Brass_Tee1.jpg

Edited by Donnyboy

Embarrassing as it sounds, I too gotta vote for the bum gun. I miss it when I'm back in the west.

I also put in a vote for the barbecued sticky rice.

add Nam Prik Pla Tuu, steamed veggies and YES SOMTAM, accompanied by a couple of ICE COLD beers... not much beats this here!

The "rest" mentioned I take for granted.... :)

The availability of anything and everything 24/7.

There is very seldom an occasion when you cannot get what you want or do what you want to do.

Freedom(from the pressures of western society and its laws) is a great feeling and being in Thailand makes you understand how fickle a lot of countries are getting.

And of course that SMILE!! :)

foodwise:

- somtam made with corn

- kow man gai and kow man gai tort (chicken on rice, and fried chicken on rice)

- kow moo daeng (red pork with rice)

- kow kha moo (sweet roast pork on rice with pickled cabbage)

- hot dogs from 7/11

- pad grapow moo kai dow (minced pork w/basil stir fried with fried egg on top)

- kai jeeow moo sahp (minced pork omlette) - this, along with a nurofen plus and a Tonk KKK rehydration sachet, is the best hangover cure i know.

- mama noodles palo duck flavour

- thai ketchup (the orange chilli sauce)

- the noodle shop condiment foursome; sugar, crushed nuts, chilli flakes, chilli vinegar (the chilli vinegar is the best)

- coconut icecream with toasted peanuts on sticky rice from a motorbike cart.

bum gun is amazing.

also love tiffy, and there's an amzing cure for toothaches that comes in a small 2baht sachet (dont know the name, its only in thai) but it works wonders.

protex cooling powder.

paragon cineplex.

cologne towels from the fridge in 7/11.

20 baht earrings.