How Many Female Members Does Tv Have?

sarahsbloke

This point came up in another post about How Female friendly is Thaivisa.

Now there appears to be 960 members who have declared themselves female.

There appear to be about 96,000 members in total.

Of course the interesting fact is a lot of people on the internet who claim to be female are middle-aged men.

There are lots of reasons for claiming to be female on a site other than just perverseness.

1) You get a lot more attention paid to your posts

2) You get preferential treatment from mods

3) You are such a minority that you rarely get warned or banned

4) Role playing is fun

5) You can incite all sorts of naughtiness

6) You often get invited to be a mod as there aren't many of you to choose from, and they like minority group representation

I often maintain a female persona on forums (not on this forum of course) and don't bother looking you wouldn't find a matching IP addy in your mods panel, even if I were naughty (spoofing is easy). I have been a female mod on 3 forums, one was a massive A/V forum. Don't panic, I don't mod anywhere now.

Usually about 10 percent or less of those claiming are actually female (in some cases less than 5 percent).

That makes about 100 female Thaivisa members ...... or do you know different (and how?)

Edited by sarahsbloke

So, what is your question exactly?

Are you asking the women who claim to be women if they really are women and if so what is their proof???

I think i understood the question.

He is saying that there are many poster who claim to be a woman thats is a man due to the fact he believes that they will get better treatment.Maybe he has experience of this or not.

Did i do ok or have i misread it,as i thought it was quite easy to understand.We just need the answer now??????

Hold on let me check... yep I'm female .

I really can't imagine posting on a discussion forum as someone else other than myself. Waste enough time as it is

Feminists don't get it easier, that's for sure.

One thing that confuses me is that there are roughly 8,900 banned members male and female from the total member no's, if you look at the female members banned there are only 6 pages. 5x20 and 1 page of 12, = total banned female members 112.

Now look at the male members banned, only 19 pages with 20 per page would only be 380 maximum..

So what gender are the missing ones, thousands of them.. :)

Edited by MB1

If only 380 male members have been banned since the beginning of Thai Visa, and 112 female members have been banned, female members seem to have a higher chance of being banned...

Or those that mark themselves as being female, as the OP rightly points out, not necessarily the truth. Perhaps a better question to be asked is why would a man pose as a woman on a forum? Seems very trollish to me.

Or those that mark themselves as being female, as the OP rightly points out, not necessarily the truth. Perhaps a better question to be asked is why would a man pose as a woman on a forum? Seems very trollish to me.

I think sarahsbloke is the one who could answer the question, as he/she seems to admit to posting as a female on other forums.. :)

For all we really know he/she could actually be a female posting as a male...

If only 380 male members have been banned since the beginning of Thai Visa, and 112 female members have been banned, female members seem to have a higher chance of being banned...

I would have thought 380 a day lol

if only 380 male members have been banned since the beginning of Thai Visa, and 112 female members have been banned, female members seem to have a higher chance of being banned...

Which exactly shows my point, I wouldn't think any of those 112 were actually women.

And the forum owners all know these facts, you pretend to be a woman to be a bit naughty with posts.

This is a male forum with mainly men, a small amount of men pretending to be women, and hardly any real women at all (maybe 0.1 percent or less women members).

Which sort of makes you wonder why the forum is so dreadfully PC when there are hardly any real women to be offended.

I think sarahsbloke is the one who could answer the question, as he/she seems to admit to posting as a female on other forums.. :)

For all we really know he/she could actually be a female posting as a male...

or a man, posing as a woman, posing as a man?

if only 380 male members have been banned since the beginning of Thai Visa, and 112 female members have been banned, female members seem to have a higher chance of being banned...

Which exactly shows my point, I wouldn't think any of those 112 were actually women.

And the forum owners all know these facts, you pretend to be a woman to be a bit naughty with posts.

This is a male forum with mainly men, a small amount of men pretending to be women, and hardly any real women at all (maybe 0.1 percent or less women members).

Which sort of makes you wonder why the forum is so dreadfully PC when there are hardly any real women to be offended.

:)

Actually, why don't you stick up a poll?

So if someone isn't present, it's OK to offend them?

I don't mean to defend excessive PC-ism, but it seems to me that treating fellow forum members with respect, even when there's disagreement is a reflection on one's own values.

I don't wonder at all Sarah/Bloke, anyone with knowledge of forums/websites that are free of charge usually make money somewhere, that somewhere is normally advertising so websites have to have respect for all genders or some advertisers won't advertise, but surely it's up to the website owner as to how PC a website is, how many decent websites do you know where "Free Speech" is allowed..?.

As to your point when you say/believe "there are hardly any real women to be offended."

Just because the number of women members/posters are low compared with the men on this site is no reason to allow men to post distastefull comments, we all when joining this site agree to the T&C's and agree to abide by the rules of the forum, me included..

I actually agree with Bonobo's thread and some of the comments, some of the male posters IMO are mysognynists on this forum and it's pretty obvious to some people in some of the posts made that they've been burnt by a farang or Thai in their life and use a forum to vent and air their anger.

I don't wonder at all Sarah/Bloke, anyone with knowledge of forums/websites that are free of charge usually make money somewhere, that somewhere is normally advertising so websites have to have respect for all genders or some advertisers won't advertise, but surely it's up to the website owner as to how PC a website is, how many decent websites do you know where "Free Speech" is allowed..?.

I know plenty. Unmoderated, hilarious and a true education - they have some mighty powerful posters, posters you just cannot have on here. The ability to say what you think is the greatest gift we have.

ps there are sites that value boards like these - google it and then you'll see why this place is so anodyne.

Getting back on topic, which for the last time IS NOT MODERATION, I would say there's no more evidence (other than anecdotal) that there are more men than women, than there is (other than anecdotal) that there are more women than men. Certainly it seems likely that there would be more men to some degree- but I think I would have heard if numbers were available which made the bizarre speculations here in the least justified.

Furthermore, it's not just women who are offended by hate speech towards women- as if Bonobo's thread hasn't already demonstrated that- and thank goodness that many men are that decent!

So if the point of this thread is either to say that there aren't enough women to worry about offensive speech towards them, as it would only bother that one small group anyway- then I think it's time to close this thread.

Like I originally posted, I doubt TV has more than 100 female members.

Maybe I should have asked how many active female members?

I can only find about 20 members that I believe to be female and post regularly.

It is quite vital that a forum knows it's membership base, so it can sell advertising space to the right people.

For example, male deodorant manufacturers would be appropriate to a mostly male site.

Edited by sarahsbloke

Well, Sarahsbloke, since there seems no definable way to answer this question in a way that satisfies your inordinate curiousity I see no reason to continue. Either you believe people about who and what they say they are or you don't. But short of a line up and a peek under skirts, I see no way of proving one way or the other.

//CLOSED//