Boxing Fans And Ubc

Not sure what happened to original post--- but here is what it was supposed to say::

I am a big boxing fan and just sent an email to UBC complaining about their coverage (or lack of). i hate UBC as much as anyone, but they actually answered within hours (i did threaten to disconect my service). Anyway, they said will be televising Hopkins-Taylor next month, and Tarver-Johnson this month. AND they say they are "working on the right" for Gatti- Mayweather. If you want to see more boxing on UBC- especially Gatti-Mayweather- send them an email at: [email protected]

if they realize there are fans out here, they just might listen and actually do something. its worth a shot.

At the same time the freak show was going on, there was a real fight in Madison Sq. Garden. Miguel Cotto, who can really fight (24-0, 20 ko's) beat Muhammad Abdullaev in a jr. welterweight championship fight. 9th round tko. in the prelim joel casmayor had a great fight (or so i've read on the net) that ended in a draw. not that we would have known it here. instead of showing either of the fights (yeah, i know the freak show was on ch. 3) the UBC sprts stations showed re-runs of golf, aerobics and cheerleading competitions. :o