90 Day Report Calculator

Can someone provide me with a 90 day calculator?

Also, regarding extension of stay photocopy passport documents required -

non-imm visa*

last extension of stay stamp

TM.6 form

last entry stamp

anything else

* if this is in an old passport, is it required? If not, will the transfer stamp, (old to new passport) be sufficient?

Thanks.

Umm... for me:

Passport - original to show and copies of photo page and all pages that have a Thai stamp (visa, entry etc) on them.

Work Permit - original and copies of photo page and the typed/stamped pages.

Tax forms - copy of last financial years tax assessment from the tax office.

Teaching license - copies of card and papers etc... those on a temporary teaching "licence" i.e. the 2 year extension just copy the extension paper. Also take originals just in case.

Contract - copies of Thai and English.

Letter from school - original letter that states the school will employ you that is addressed to the immigration office.

If you are not a teacher ignore teaching license and letter. If you are not working ignore work permit and tax documents and contract.

If your non-imm is marriage or retirement... wait for another poster to add other details.

Also take your old passport and have copies (same copies as above) just in case - a copy costs 0.5 Baht per page.

As for 90 days - you should have a little paper in your passport stating when to go for the next one! If not, 90 days since you came to Thailand (I think you count the entry day as 1) - good news you have a window of +/- 7 days on each side. If you have been into immigration and done something to your passport(s) within the last 90 days, also wait for someone to give more details as I have heard this can cause confusion and fines etc.

Edited by TiredTeacher

You forget the copy of the arrival card. When the stamps are tansfereed to the nw passport, you no longer need the old passport. (Only when there is a valid visa in it, you still need the old passport to make use of the visa). Also copy all pages with immigration stamps on it.

But for an extension of stay it is important to say what your extension will be based on.

You forget the copy of the arrival card.

I do not need a copy of the TM.6 ?

Re old/new passport: I have a non-imm B visa in the old, and transfer stamps in the new with later extensions of stay. Does that mean the old non-imm visa is still valid?

I should copy every single immigration exit and entry stamp for the last 3 years?

It's an extension for retirement.

You forget the copy of the arrival card.

I do not need a copy of the TM.6 ?

Re old/new passport: I have a non-imm B visa in the old, and transfer stamps in the new with later extensions of stay. Does that mean the old non-imm visa is still valid?

I should copy every single immigration exit and entry stamp for the last 3 years?

It's an extension for retirement.

Ah... I knew the mfo website would be of help.

"5.4 Foreigner who wishes to extend his or her stay shall submit a request for extension of stay at the Office of the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer or a deposit account in Thailand or an income certificate showing an amount of not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate plus a deposit account showing a total amount of not less than 800,000 Baht. A one-year extension of stay shall be granted at the discretion of the immigration officer to the foreigner as long as he or she meets the above requirements."

So, besides the usual suspects i.e. the above paperwork, you also need financial docs.

I am guessing that my list minus the job and teacher related stuff is needed, plus the arrival card as mentioned by the other poster and also... I forgot you will need a photo of yourself!

The website is http://www.mfa.go.th/web/2482.php?id=2493

And the website is wrong as it is not there call - Immigration provides extensions of stay and the requirement is 800k in a Thai located bank account 2 months (or 3 if not first application) or income of 65k per month in Embassy letter or a combination of the two to meet the 800k requirement.

And the website is wrong as it is not there call - Immigration provides extensions of stay and the requirement is 800k in a Thai located bank account 2 months (or 3 if not first application) or income of 65k per month in Embassy letter or a combination of the two to meet the 800k requirement.

Ah! Interesting! So, the MFA is correct on the cash side - they have the 65k also in there. Just not the extension side mentioning the 2-3 months. So, what is the website with the full info?

Yes, I've got the money bit sorted - it's the passport photocopies I'm unsure about.

Then you don't have to worry! 50 Baht copy every single page 2-3 times! Even copy a photo of yourself holding today's newspaper in one hand and your passport in the other! :)

Gee... if you had said this I would not have surfed the web to try and get info!

Yes, I've got the money bit sorted - it's the passport photocopies I'm unsure about.

Then you don't have to worry! 50 Baht copy every single page 2-3 times! Even copy a photo of yourself holding today's newspaper in one hand and your passport in the other! :)

Gee... if you had said this I would not have surfed the web to try and get info!

Are you saying 50 Bt per photocopy??? You are being robbed if it is correct. I pay 50 Satang per copy. Try another shop.

Are you saying 50 Bt per photocopy??? You are being robbed if it is correct. I pay 50 Satang per copy. Try another shop.

ROFL :D No... 50 Baht to copy everything 2-3 times! The power of a comma! 50 Baht, copy every... versus 50 Baht copy every.

Edited by TiredTeacher

Ah! Interesting! So, the MFA is correct on the cash side - they have the 65k also in there. Just not the extension side mentioning the 2-3 months. So, what is the website with the full info?

The MFA is responsible for Thai embassies/consulates abroad whose services include the issue of visas. The Immigration Bureau is a seperate government department responsible inter alia for the issue of extensions of stay within Thailand. The requirements for extension of stay are detailed in Police Order 777/2551 which you can find under the pinned topic "Useful Immigration Information & Visa Descriptions".

The MFA is responsible for Thai embassies/consulates abroad whose services include the issue of visas. The Immigration Bureau is a seperate government department responsible inter alia for the issue of extensions of stay within Thailand. The requirements for extension of stay are detailed in Police Order 777/2551 which you can find under the pinned topic "Useful Immigration Information & Visa Descriptions".

This is probably just of academic value. But your legal document id 777/2551 states: (4) On the filing date, the applicant must have funds deposited in a bank in Thailand of no less than Baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to the filing date; or (5) Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totaling no less than Baht 800,000 as of the filing date.

The above is a translation from the Norwegian Chamber of Commerce (not Mr Leo from Pattaya :) ) http://www.norcham.com/attachments/019_Imm...translation.pdf

As I said only academic value...

Edited by TiredTeacher

This is a lift of the appropriate text from Section 2.22 of Police Order 777/2551. The financial requirements are very specific and are enforced by immigration:

The alien:

(1) Must have be granted a non-immigrant visa (NON-IM)

(2) Must be 50 years of age or over

(3) Must have evidence of having income of no less than Baht 65,000 per month; or

(4) On the filing date, the applicant must have funds deposited in a bank in Thailand of no less than baht 800,000 for the past three months. For the first year only, the applicant must have proof of a deposit account in which said amount of funds has been maintained for no less than 60 days prior to the filing date; or

(5) Must have an annual earning and funds deposited with a bank totaling no less than baht 800,000 as of the filing date.

Exactly! Your posts are in line with legal translations and have been from the start. But is there a Thai gov website regarding what we have discussed? Something similar to the MFA address I posted? That was my "original" question I asked you?

But on the other side... I think we are both going off topic (as mods likes to chop computer bytes) and the original topic was... and I learnt he/she just wanted photocopy info :) Personally I am happy to chat with you as it is interesting... thanks for the legal ref!

It's just the ID page and all the pages with immigration stamps and visas. You have to sign every photo-copy to certify it is true.

TM-6 is of course the arrival card, sorry.

Sorry, but actually I did, in my initial post.

Send me a PM and I'll send you a 90-day report calculator (software). I got it from somewhere on TV a few years back, but couldn't find it in a search. I'm not sure my email will allow me to send an executable file (.exe) but we can give it a try.

P.S. Also there's an online 90 day calculator at Thai Visa here: http://www.thaivisa.com/external/visa-calculator.html

Edited by toptuan

Sorry, but actually I did, in my initial post.

Oh well, it does not really matter! have a beer and a nice night and good luck with your extension. I think someone has given a link to a 90 calculator and other things are under control :D Be good and good luck with the future.

• 1 month later...

Can someone provide me with a 90 day calculator?

Also, regarding extension of stay photocopy passport documents required -

non-imm visa*

last extension of stay stamp

TM.6 form

last entry stamp

anything else

* if this is in an old passport, is it required? If not, will the transfer stamp, (old to new passport) be sufficient?

Thanks.

Lost my 90 Day calcuator when I switched to Win7....I could use a new one

Thanks Jim

Edited by lopburi3
email removed - lopburi3

• 2 months later...

My friend programmed a great one (standalone). He put up a link on TV as I told him to -and was admonished for it. Link was immeditely taken down (in Tech thread perhaps)

If the mods want this great program with variable dates - someone can pm me but they must at his request, stick it to the site. Its free to TV,, he just likes programming. Send me an email and I can send you either the prog or the link. He's outside Thailand for another few weeks.

• 6 months later...

I made up a moving 90 day calendar that is good for any year and takes into account leap years. You can access it on your computer or print out a copy that you can stick where ever it may come in handy. Take note that leap years require some extra mental capacity and that 2012 is a leap year. In my experience immigration does not normally give you 90 days. They don't want to fuss with leap years and such so just take off 2 or 3 days and as we all know they are always right. But if this meets your requirements enjoy!

90 Day Calendar.pdf