Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

Syncing Iphone With New Pc

bkkmick

Long ago I set up iTunes on an old PC and synced my iPhone with it.

Today I wanted to download a new ring tone and put it onto my iPhone. I downloaded the ring tone into iTunes and clicked to sync ring tones and got a message saying that the iPhone had been synced with a different PC and now iTunes wants to delete ring tones that are on my phone before adding the new tone. <deleted>!? Stupid iTunes.

Is there a way that I can configure my new PC to be then main iTunes PC and get everything copied to this PC?

Cheers

Simple answer? No.

Long answer? Yes, but you need software other than iTunes.

There are a number of iPod/iPhone management programs out there that will sync your library to your music player without iTunes. (Google "iTunes alternatives")

On Mac, there is a great program that copies off your entire iPod, playlists, and meta data back onto your Mac, which was a godsend when i lost my library. However, there's no equivalent for windows.

I was told the other day, however, there is now a program for Windows that does copy from iPod/iPhone back to PC. I'm sorry, but don't have the name.

So, yeah, you can do it, but your gonna have to google some research.

sunbelt.jpg

26th Floor Fortune Town BR, 1 Ratchadapisek Rd, 10400 Bangkok

Tel: 02-642-0213 Fax: 02-641-1995

Follow us on:

facebook.png twitter.png

Thanks for that SunBelt. Thinking about it, I'd happily dump iTunes for an alternative. I've Googled around and there are many alternatives.

I don't mind paying for it, so, anyone using an alternative at the moment that they would like to recommend?