Moving To Nakhon Sawan

pmesdjian

:)

Hi Guys,

My wife and I are moving to Nakhon Sawan ( Kosi Rd. Paknampho ) on Mid of May 2010,

I wonder where I can get the cereal (like Koshi etc.), Bacon, Baguette, Yogurt?

Are there any Farangs living in Nakhon Sawan?

Cheers,

Pete

There's a Big C with at least some of those items, but I suppose you are going to do more shopping at Makro if you have a Western appetite. Speaking of Big C, quite a few expats can be found there round about lunch in the lobby. I'll be back in NakWan come begining of June and if you're a rider Mbox and I (and to a lesser extent Billd) are always planning rides....

There's a Big C with at least some of those items, but I suppose you are going to do more shopping at Makro if you have a Western appetite. Speaking of Big C, quite a few expats can be found there round about lunch in the lobby. I'll be back in NakWan come begining of June and if you're a rider Mbox and I (and to a lesser extent Billd) are always planning rides....

Thanks Dave

Btw what's the Mbox ?

Thanks Dave

Btw what's the Mbox ?

He's actually changed his nic (something about advertising on ThaiVisa), but here's his profile. Decent enough chap, for an Austrian :) , pm'ing him could net you a world of info about NakWan.

I've just moved here this weekend to work been walking around town not spotted many farang will try big c myself.Are you here to work? pete

My name is Stuart

I visited the Big C center in Nakon Suwan ( passing thro ) about 2 weeks ago for lunch/shopping. Many, many farangs seen around the stores etc.

Getting drunk in public in the middle of the day in Nakon Sawan is not the best of ideas. I have nothing against downing a few but this is the provinces, not BKK or Pattaya. I've heard a lot of bad feed back from Thais observing the drunken, uncouth farangs drinking at Big C ogling the young girls.

If you play golf, a group of us expats tee off around 9:30 A.M. on most Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings at the military Jiraprawat Golf Course just south of Nakon Sawan (gps coordinates 15°39'47.75"N 100° 7'27.51"E). And yes, we have a few beers as we play.

Edited by Utley

There is a guy called Dave whose nick on TV is Madyakka living in Nakhon Sawan but I haven't seen him around for a while.

Have a look at the Central Thailand forums and that may give you an idea.

I get down there about once a month but I live in Klong Lan which is about 125 km to the north west.

I've just moved here this weekend to work been walking around town not spotted many farang will try big c myself.Are you here to work? pete

My name is Stuart

I visited the Big C center in Nakon Suwan ( passing thro ) about 2 weeks ago for lunch/shopping. Many, many farangs seen around the stores etc.

Too many for me; in fact there were three in Lat Yao a few months ago and I actually left the market and went over to the 'computer' shop to avoid them....does that make me a bad person?

Getting drunk in public in the middle of the day in Nakon Sawan is not the best of ideas. I have nothing against downing a few but this is the provinces, not BKK or Pattaya. I've heard a lot of bad feed back from Thais observing the drunken, uncouth farangs drinking at Big C ogling the young girls.

If you play golf, a group of us expats tee off around 9:30 A.M. on most Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings at the military Jiraprawat Golf Course just south of Nakon Sawan (gps coordinates 15°39'47.75"N 100° 7'27.51"E). And yes, we have a few beers as we play.

I neither condemn nor condone their practices. As I've hinted at I don't hang around falangs when in Thailand, except for a select few. Thus their actions have no bearings, moreso out in the sticks where my house is, on my life. Jai Yiin and all that.

There is a guy called Dave whose nick on TV is Madyakka living in Nakhon Sawan but I haven't seen him around for a while.

Have a look at the Central Thailand forums and that may give you an idea.

I get down there about once a month but I live in Klong Lan which is about 125 km to the north west.

Ummh, I'm not sure, but I think that this is posted in the Central Thailand forum :)

Even if you're not up for a ride, we can still meet up for an American BBQ (I've had English 'BBQ' and don't relish the chance to repeat it). I'll bring the meats; hope you have a BBQ pot/pit. Otherwise you'd have to come down to my neck of the woods.

My name is Stuart

Hi Stuart,

My wife is from Nakon Sawan. We are currently in USA and will arrive BKK on May 20th. I'm going to search for a banking job either in BKK or Spore. Most likely we will stay in Nakon Sawan for a few months. Maybe we can meet up sometime.

Pete

My name is Stuart

Hi Stuart,

My wife is from Nakon Sawan. We are currently in USA and will arrive BKK on May 20th. I'm going to search for a banking job either in BKK or Spore. Most likely we will stay in Nakon Sawan for a few months. Maybe we can meet up sometime.

Pete

Pete

Sounds good if you don't mind hanging around with a Australian

Stuart

Thanks for the tip on Big C , the golf sounds good i work most days but always up for golf i'll be in touch

My name is Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Pete

Pete

Sounds good if you don't mind hanging around with a Australian

Stuart

Stuart

Sure, Let's meet up after May 20

Pete

I'd also like to sign up, for a meet up, in Mid June.

That would be great. Let me know when you arrive.

Cheers,

Pete

Thanks alot for the invite Pete.

I'll be swinging by, approx. the 13th and will be staying anywhere from 3 - 5 days, maybe even a week.

Some golf, watch some football world cup games and drink some beers or Meh Kong coke (in my case), would be so awesome....

• 2 weeks later...

WHAT'S UP? Hernan here. Now in Nakhon Sawan. I stick out like a sore thumb. Almost always in Nakhon Sawan park between 6 and 7 pm. If not going to and from NS school (not satri) ... I am wearing tie and ride a red motorbike. I eat pre-dinner soup at the 7-Eleven across the school.. Can't miss me. If not. You can't miss me at the local bars around the park. Malibu and the sort....although I am trying not to visit the same bar twice. I'll try to look for the guys who play golf. From Florida. Just got here.