What Did You Do On New Year's Eve 1999

I was working the nightshift at a big corporate hotel... The four of us from the front office were all in the back office drinking Grolsch and Tullamore Dew as the city of Amsterdam Partied the night away...

Have you been saving this topic for a while?

Just curious as to what  made you think of this topic?

It just popped into my head when I was thinking of taking another vacation in Japan. I was wondering whether anyone set out to do something special or go somewhere special as I did. I had a lot of annual leave saved up and needed to use it before year's end, or lose it.

As for Y2K, my company ordered tests on all our software about 3 months before year's end. I found five of my own programs would fail on Jan 1st due to my bad programming. Somehow i missed two, and they did fail, but they weren't anything important. I believe this type of thing happened at many companies - programs failing, but not critical enough to be a big deal.

Ferkin werkin!

I was a publican, closed my own pub and used the local village hall. Never stopped till about 4 am when most were far too pished to take any further part.

Good fun, bl**dy hard work, little reward (except for the VAT man). Don't think I will bother for the end of the next Millennium. :o

How about you?

I'd just finished several months of chemo and was for the first time in several years, starting to feel pretty good. I was in Chicago at the time and went to the laser and fireworks show at Grant Park. Pretty awesome!

Been to Paris, couldn´t find the Hotel.Stayed out all night with friends, got charged by the police for drinking in public :D

The Restaurants and bars were only to those willing to eat;we ran out of beer and didn´t find a shop open.So we spent about 3 hours to get more beer the chicks startet moaning, we were all cold.###### we better stayed home :o

Hua Hin, front of the then Melia Hotel (now Hilton) watching hundreds of those large khom loi (candle powered paper balloons) being sent up... then dodging as many started coming down around us and on rooftops/trees etc :o Amazingly, no fires were started :D

We flew from BKK to CPH New Years eve 1999, were chased by the sun for 15 hours arriving in CPH just as the bonfires were being lit.

Given a lift home by a generous son-in-law (impossible to find a taxi) and retired to bed. Despite the biggest fireworks display in over a millennium, slept for 12 hours solid.

Happy New Millenium.

Came out of my hotel in Pattaya....had a meal at the Roo Bar and was halfway through it when my mate reminded me that we had been invited to a 3 course meal with Susan from Walking Street and her family...Thats Susan from across the road from the Champion....after my second meal that night...we went to the back of her place and watched the fireworks from a private area with Champers supplied...Went over the road to wish Stoney a HNY and some guy from the Electric works flicked a switch and blacked out half of Pattaya for a few seconds....I believe he was reprimanded very lightly for this... :o cant remember how the night finished, but it was a good night