What Is The Name Of These Imported Bikes ?

dmax

used to be a shop in pattaya imported them fromn korea i think , there where choppers and trail bikes, i forget the name , the guy who was selling them was called bobby a new yorker, is there anywhere i can see these bikes in pattaya when im over in couple weeks, i want a trail bike. they had them new for 50,000 thb 125 cc

Yes, Platinum. Absolute junk. (Place was on 3rd Road across from Excite Disco) I bought one for my Thai GF, and thought it would be adequate since she rides less than 30kms a week. Every time she rode it something broke. At about a week old, the fuel line rotted out of it and it leaked a whole tank of gas on the floor of the garage in the apartment where we were living. The maintenance man hosed it down and knocked on our door. Luckily there was no fire. It's cost half the price of a Honda but was not good for 1/5th the service life. I finally let her sell it with 1300km on it for 5000 baht and bought her a Honda which has been flawless.

Edited by Bobr

Platinum is surely not from Korea. Platinum is a Thai brand that assembles its bikes from parts imported from China, Vietnam and some other places. The main theme for the imported parts is that they need to be cheap, you find this cheapness back in the quality of the motorcycles.

When i look at the platinum bikes they sure have the variety probably not quite the performance...but if they could just sort out the quality issues i am sure it would sell too. A pity really as i don't feel their bikes are a viable option to many .

Tiger/Sachs Club - Mbox

Yes, Platinum. Absolute junk. (Place was on 3rd Road across from Excite Disco) I bought one for my Thai GF, and thought it would be adequate since she rides less than 30kms a week. Every time she rode it something broke.

That's why they gave 1Y warranty....................1 Yard that is. :)