Double Entry Tourist Visa?

Hi there,

I'm coming to thailand on may 24th for 119 days and i'm just wondering if the double entry tourist visa is free? Or is it only single entry tourist visas.

Also, are any supporting documents needed for this type of visa from the Hull embassy in UK? I remember last time that I didn't need to supply anything for my non-o immigration.

appreciate help

thanks

There was a service charge by Hull Consulate before so expect that there will be this time also. Do not know what there policy will be on two entry but suspect you could ask them and likely get an answer.

hi there,

just to say I called up the embassy in Hull who said that double entry visa is also free. Starts on Tuesday.

By the way, I asked if I need to supply any supporting documentation for a tourist visa and I was told I don't need to supply anything. Is this true?

Only had a non-imm o which I didn't have to supply any documents with.

Thanks for the information that Hull are including double entry tourist visas within the 'free' promotion.

Just need to send in passport, recent passport sized photo, application form plus I suspect admin processing fee. Suggest you also enclose a pre-paid special delivery envelope for return of passport/visa which costs around £4 or Hull will charge you £8 return postage fee. More information on consulate website.

http://www.thaiconsul-uk.com/downloads-and-visas.aspx

Hi there,

I'm coming to thailand on may 24th for 119 days and i'm just wondering if the double entry tourist visa is free? Or is it only single entry tourist visas.

Also, are any supporting documents needed for this type of visa from the Hull embassy in UK? I remember last time that I didn't need to supply anything for my non-o immigration.

appreciate help

thanks

As you are coming for 119 days that uses up the maximum time of your double entry visa - 60 + 60. That would mean you would have to go out of the country on EXAXTLY the last possible day of your first entry. That is difficult to do if you have anything else planned for that date, and quite often impossible. May I suggest applying for a triple entry visa instead. That way you would have a little leeway when you want to leave the country after your first 60 day period. If you go out of the country any time BEFORE the end of your 60 days you lose whatever portion is left.

As the entry fees are all free (like they were last year) then it is to your advantage to have a triple entry considering there is no extra cost. Normally, you would have to pay a set amount (in Canada it was $40) for each entry. If you use up your double entry before you want to leave then you have to apply for another 30 days and that will cost you 2000 baht at any of the immigration points.

As already stated you need to send in an application form to the nearest Thai embassy and include your passport and a recent documented passport photo. And, you need to include a self addressed, pre-paid envellope. The Thai embassys in Canada have been very efficient in returning everything quickly.

this is fantastic advice - much appreciated.

I just remembered that a stay of 119 days was my initial plan however I couldn't book these dates so had to change when I flew out. The changed dates means that I will be in Thailand for 112 days, therefore have a bit more flexibility.

as it is free - it definately may be worth getting the triple to be safe though.

again, thank you for both replies.

Many consulates are giving free tourist visas to encourage tourism. I came on a free triple entry visa good for 180 days. Check with your local consulate. Consulates in different cities within the same country often are able to issue different visas so phone around.

Any tourist visa entry of 60 days can easily be extended for 30 days at an Immigration office inside Thailand for 1,900 baht and a photo. There is no need for a three entry tourist visa to cover 120 days.

Just get a double and get a 30 day extension after your first 60 days finishes 60+30..+60..=150 more than enough time if you need to do something else,no need for a triple entry.

If you are in Thailand for 112 days then 60+60 double entry is good to cover you.

So from tomorrow all tourist visas are free from UK Consulates?

I need to apply for a double entry tourist visa, will this be free aswell or is it just single entries that are free?

Thanks everyone

Edited by makavelli