Golf Clubs With Good Green Fee Specials

lanky

I would like to know in chiangmai what golf clubs are offering good deals on green fees for this month and next as now is low season and want to know what is the best places in chiangmai to play golf with special deals on prices on green fees with caddy

All golf courses in and around the city are celebrating Chiang Mai Golf Festival in May and June. All courses are 800THB plus caddy fee, 200-250. Probably will be the best deal of the year at courses like Mae Jo, Highlands, Alpine and Green Valley.

Is that 100% confirmed? The small print does state the rate is up to the course.

It is confirmed. All courses in CM are 800 + caddy through end June.

EDIT:- Let me qualify that, it is certainly the case at Highlands and Alpine, arguably the two best courses in Chiang Mai and the courses that represent the biggest savings over normal fees.

Edited by OOB

Is that 100% confirmed? The small print does state the rate is up to the course.

It is confirmed. All courses in CM are 800 + caddy through end June.

EDIT:- Let me qualify that, it is certainly the case at Highlands and Alpine, arguably the two best courses in Chiang Mai and the courses that represent the biggest savings over normal fees.

Both Mae Jo and Green Valley are on board, played both this week. Lanna has suspended its Monday and Friday Sports days in favour of the higher greens fee. Inthanon was 800 including caddy before the beginning of May. Cannot confirm Gassan courses, although they are included in the promo info. Also Stardome is included.

Played Gasaan Lake City today - fairways in need of water, aren't they all. But overall very good challenging holes, greens in fairly good condition.

Monday/Wednesday/Friday just 500 baht including caddy fee.

Gold Canyon also has specials better than 8oo baht,call them.

Inthanon 800 baht inclusive caddy fee-call them.

The last two, especially Inthanon are likely to end up the best courses around given time to mature.

You can check out my website which I can't advertise-not free anyway. :)

I though the festival were set dates at certain courses?

Are you saying one can play say green valley for 800 green any day of the week? Thsi was the case some three years back when six course banded together to offer a 1,000 rate plus caddy...

Now i thought it was up to the individual course. I can get 1,000 green fee at royal (with coupon), alpine and CN highland. GV must have some type of promotion going. I am a member at MJ so not kept abreat of their promotions..

Too bad about Lanna as the 500B (green and caddy) on MF was nice. What is their cost now assuming any day of the week?

Would be surprised if Intanon doesn't extend their 800B green rate into May/June...

CB

I though the festival were set dates at certain courses?

Are you saying one can play say green valley for 800 green any day of the week? Thsi was the case some three years back when six course banded together to offer a 1,000 rate plus caddy...

Now i thought it was up to the individual course. I can get 1,000 green fee at royal (with coupon), alpine and CN highland. GV must have some type of promotion going. I am a member at MJ so not kept abreat of their promotions..

Too bad about Lanna as the 500B (green and caddy) on MF was nice. What is their cost now assuming any day of the week?

Would be surprised if Intanon doesn't extend their 800B green rate into May/June...

CB

All the major courses are offering the 800baht + caddy fee for the whole of May & Jun-maybe longer-ChiangMaiGolfFestival

Some of the courses still have better rates than that as in my earlier post

So Lanna is now 800 plus caddy fees during these two months? I think they will notice a drop off on MOn and fri if that is the case. I have played the M/f schedule vs the rest of the weekdays and would guess M?F crowd is at least double of other days...

I hope they will return to 500B come July...

CB

do not forget that if you are thai on some of these golf clubs they offer 500 baht and foreigners pay 800 baht for the golf promotions package i think i will stll stick to my regular golf club were i get 9 holes for 150 baht and 18 holes at 300 baht still a bargain compared to some of the others

Could you cite a club that is discriminating strictly based on nationalty/race?

The only reason I ask is my neighbor is Thai and an avid golfer. We have frequent discusions about where are the delas and he cited the 800B special now for the 12 courses until end of June...

He gets specials b/c he is a guest, miltary connections, knows a big-shot or some other club connection, etc but not b/c he is solely Thai...

I think the clubs have made headway with falang who can now show Thai residency getting on par deals as thais...

I did notice at Alpine when I played with Thais, they did not ask for my driver's license but the following week when I played with falangs, they requested and made a copy of my license but the rate was the same...

CB

do not forget that if you are thai on some of these golf clubs they offer 500 baht and foreigners pay 800 baht for the golf promotions package i think i will stll stick to my regular golf club were i get 9 holes for 150 baht and 18 holes at 300 baht still a bargain compared to some of the others

1) Discounts for locals happens the world over - for example Floridians get a special rate at Disney.

2) 300 Baht for eighteen holes is cheap, however the courses that charge this little do so for a reason (i.e. because they are crap).

Edited by OOB

1) Discounts for locals happens the world over - for example Floridians get a special rate at Disney.

2) 300 Baht for eighteen holes is cheap, however the courses that charge this little do so for a reason (i.e. because they are crap).

Have to dispute that. I,and quite a few others play Hang Dong on a regular basis-320baht- lovely little course, great for higher handicappers and intermediates, seen a few so called low handicappers struggle there as well-often! The only one that is less cost than that is Sand Creek but not a patch on HD.

As I said a couple of times on this thread, there are still rates better than the 800 on at least two of the courses in the Chiang Mai golf festival.

Played Alpine today, rarely have I seen a course in better condition over here.

Have to dispute that. I,and quite a few others play Hang Dong on a regular basis-320baht- lovely little course, great for higher handicappers and intermediates, seen a few so called low handicappers struggle there as well-often! The only one that is less cost than that is Sand Creek but not a patch on HD.

As I said a couple of times on this thread, there are still rates better than the 800 on at least two of the courses in the Chiang Mai golf festival.

Played Alpine today, rarely have I seen a course in better condition over here.

Hang Dong is a goat track - I live in Home In Park, right by there. I take my kids there to play, it's great value, but it's a <deleted> golf course. Don't confuse cheap with good.

Hang Dong is a goat track - I live in Home In Park, right by there. I take my kids there to play, it's great value, but it's a <deleted> golf course. Don't confuse cheap with good.

I also live fairly close and I and many others think it is a great little course but then of course we are just hackers not pros or low handicappers but then maybe we all just confuse cheap with good due to our lack of expertise and perhaps goat tracks suit our level of play. :)

I also live fairly close and I and many others think it is a great little course but then of course we are just hackers not pros or low handicappers but then maybe we all just confuse cheap with good due to our lack of expertise and perhaps goat tracks suit our level of play. :)

Fair play! :D

Gold Canyon May /June special.

Green fee 600 baht, caddy fee 220. Had rain very recently I have been told the course is now looking greener. One nice course in the making.

Edited by Thailand