Home Karaoke?

welovesundaysatspace

I really enjoy Karaoke and would like to have a Karaoke system at home. However, I do not want and do not need a professional Karaoke system. Something like I saw at a friends place: He had a small mixer with two microphones attached to his computer and his harddrive full of Karaoke songs. Maybe there was even a GUI to navigate through all the songs; can't really remember. So everytime I am at a shopping mall or at Pantip or Fortune Town or similar I am looking for Karaoke DVDs, but the only Karaoke DVDs or CDs I can find consist of ~10 songs.

So my questions:

- Do you know where I can CDs/DVDs with hundrets of (Western and maybe even Thai) Karaoke songs? Only the tracks (i.e. manual navigation) would be enough already; a special software with a nice GUI would be a plus.

- Do you different/other suggestions for a home Karaoke system?

I have only one suggestion......move to the middle of the Sahara desert or do your Karaoke inside a sound poof booth. All Karaoke in Thailand to my perfect pitch hearing can only be likened to somone mincing live cats. The noise of Karaoke bars is the bane of my and anyone else within earshots lives...

You do know that Karaoke was the Japanese nations revenge at losing the war .....

get a life and take up a more meaningful hobby.

Believe me, I will not be the only person on this blogsite with this opinion...