Gunshots, Grenadesbeing Launched, And Helicopters Overhead Around Rajdamri/sala Daeng

BackinBKK

Just woke up to some pretty close gun fire at Rajdamri and then went out on the balcony and saw a couple grenades (at least thats what it looked like) being fired up into the air near lumpini park. ANyone know whats happening? Crackdown??

Hmmm.... Could have been. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but the amount of helicopters and sounds of the gun shots seem more like rifle shots. Guess we have to wait til morning to see whats going on in the streets. Hope it is just fireworks...but pretty sure its not.

It's been going on for a while. I can hear it as well. Have no clue what it is, but cant see any fireworks. Last time they shot firworks at the helicopters I could see it clearly from my balcony, but not this time.

It's been going on for a while. I can hear it as well. Have no clue what it is, but cant see any fireworks. Last time they shot firworks at the helicopters I could see it clearly from my balcony, but not this time.

Someone on twitter who has been reporting this situation for a while described them as 'Bang Fai' rockets - what's that - I think it's a firework.

They were firing fireworks at helicopters before - I guess they (demonstrators) don't like being woken up in the middle of the night by helicopters.

Edited by ukrules

Someone on twitter who has been reporting this situation for a while described them as 'Bang Fai' rockets - what's that - I think it's a firework.

They were firing fireworks at helicopters before - I guess they (demonstrators) don't like being woken up in the middle of the night by helicopters.

I love Thailand,

"I hate being woken up in the middle of the night"....."you know what I will do? set off fireworks, that will help me sleep"

Hmmm.... Could have been. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but the amount of helicopters and sounds of the gun shots seem more like rifle shots. Guess we have to wait til morning to see whats going on in the streets. Hope it is just fireworks...but pretty sure its not.

Around 4 am, there were couple of Helicopter flying around, and the protesters fires I think some fire crackers, although It was so far away from the choppers. I am on the 29th floor and they did not even come close to my floor. I a not sure what these idiots think, that they can bring down chopper with this cheep fire crackers