Forum maintenance tonight from approx. 11pm - 1.30am ×

No 'official' Ipad In Thailand Until After July

Sunbelt Asia

This just in....

Apple has announced that the iPad will be available in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Spain, Switzerland and the UK on Friday, May 28. Both iPad with Wi-Fi and iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G models will be available; online pre-orders will begin on Monday, May 10.

The iPad was originally set to roll out internationally at the end of April, but “surprisingly strong US demand” forced Apple to push it back.

In addition to the nine countries listed above, Apple also plans to release iPad in Austria, Belgium, Hong Kong, Ireland, Luxembourg, Mexico, Netherlands, New Zealand and Singapore in July.

It will announce availability, local pricing and pre-order plans for these nine additional countries at a later date.

http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/news/comm...untries-may-28/

Which is exactly why I paid a premium for my ipad the first week it came out. I am using it every day now and have no idea how my life functioned without it, no way I was going to wait who knows how many months for it to come to Thailand officially. Thailand was never on the list of countries coming up soon.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I sell iPads in Rayong but can ship to anywhere in Thailand.

We do have them in stock:

iPad 64GB 3G = THB 41,000

iPad 32GB 3G = THB 36,000

iPad 32GB Wifi = THB 30,000

iPad 16GB Wifi = THB 24,500

iPad 16GB Wifi Demo Model = THB 20,500

Accessories available:

iPad Camera Connection Kit • Original iPad Case

• 2 weeks later...

Capo - your prices are way too high

Even if I'll import iPad from US it will cost me 18 000 THB for cheepest model. 22 000 or maybe less on eBay.

I didnt check MBK, but they usually have everything cheeper then eBay.

etc etc

24 000 THB ? no way.

Capo - your prices are way too high

Even if I'll import iPad from US it will cost me 18 000 THB for cheepest model. 22 000 or maybe less on eBay.

I didnt check MBK, but they usually have everything cheeper then eBay.

etc etc

24 000 THB ? no way.

His prices are more expensive than MBK but not by a whole lot. maybe 2-3k cheaper at MBK.

Actually, you can buy the iPad today at MBK (3G 64GB) for 34.000 baths.

Interesting...which store is selling it that cheap. That is a VERY good price for the 3G 64g in Thailand as the US price is 27000thb.

Edited by negreanu

Actually, you can buy the iPad today at MBK (3G 64GB) for 34.000 baths.

Interesting...which store is selling it that cheap. That is a VERY good price for the 3G 64g in Thailand as the US price is 27000thb.

It's a $200+ premium, just like it was in the beginning - not too great. Once we go down to $100 extra I'll call it a good price.

Somewhere else I read end of July as the official launch date in Thailand @ iStudio. This is why prices go down now.

It's a $200+ premium

3G 64GB ipad when they arrived in MBK was 45k for the first week!

Yeh but lets say u order one from the US pay for fedex and customs take that charge out of the equation its still a good deal customs vat and fedex would set you back $100 approx (Depending your customs declaration - could be a LOT more) on a $829 apple price so total is 929 to import yourself = 30k. Not forgetting the 10 day wait in us before apple ships it and another 3-4 days to get here. 2 week wait or pay 4k more and get it today.

If the drop to 34k in MBK is correct that is a substantial drop from 10 days ago 39000ish.

oh and would not buy into the July release date in Thailand for the ipad. HK and Singapore have not even got it yet and Thailand is usually a month or two behind them on iphone "Type" products for official release

Edited by negreanu

34,000 THB isn't terrible but even the USA price of 27,000 is quite a lot to fork over for an iPad. It depends on how you look at it though. 27,000 THb isn't a lot of money to me but seems like a lot for a device like the iPad. So paying a 7,000 THB mark up is a bit painful for me as I consider the actual retail price a little high. At least it isn't crazy expensive like buying a MBP.

34,000 THB isn't terrible but even the USA price of 27,000 is quite a lot to fork over for an iPad. It depends on how you look at it though. 27,000 THb isn't a lot of money to me but seems like a lot for a device like the iPad. So paying a 7,000 THB mark up is a bit painful for me as I consider the actual retail price a little high. At least it isn't crazy expensive like buying a MBP.

Beg your pardon, MBP isn't crazy expensive at all.

You are right about the iPad though - I am quite happy to have paid $500 for mine. But with the iPad, part of the "magic" is the price. If it costs $1000, it's much less interesting.

Can't see myself paying for yet another 3G package besides the two I already have, CAT CDMA and True 3G / iPhone, so I got the WiFi. Too bad Apple didn't enable bluetooth tethering for the iPhone, that would have been a neat touch. I guess it's because dam_n AT&T doesn't even allow tethering on iPhones.

I know you and I have spoken about this so posting this for others just so they know.

You CAN tether your iphone to your ipad for edge and 3g internet if you jailbreak your iphone and use mywi. Its very easy. I specifically bought a wifi only ipad just because there is no point paying extra for 3g model and pay extra for yet another 3g plan when I can do ewverything on one plan with my iphone as a modem.