Philipines In July

alyx

Hello everyone

I will be going to Philipines on June the 30th for a month (not yet decided)

I have to be in Manila for a week or so and I guess nothing exciting about the city to stay more than that

The weather is a bit of a problem as I intend to spend the 20 days or so left on a couple of island (leisure , snorkelling or diving)

Has anyone been to any spots at that period of the year (where typhoons can be avoided likeSamal Islands) and what is there to do?

What about Boracay, Puerto princesa, Dumaguete....

Thanks for any incentive

Marinduque has been getting some good press lately, google it.

Cheers, GOM

Thanks

The problem is that I am going there in July. Any ideas about it?

There is a beautiful little island called Camiguin, off Mindinao but in July, the whole of the Phil is prone to Typhoons.....yearly average is 26. The whole country is prone, but you may be lucky.

Thanks but I have read that some islands like Saman are outside the Typhoons' belt

The only thing is: is it worth a visit for snorkelling?

Edited by alyx

There is a beautiful little island called Camiguin, off Mindinao but in July, the whole of the Phil is prone to Typhoons.....yearly average is 26. The whole country is prone, but you may be lucky.

Thanks but I have read that some islands like Saman are outside the Typhoons' belt

The only thing is: is it worth a visit for snorkelling?

Sorry, I have never been in July.

Maybe check Lonely Planet's website? Or there for sure has to be a diving the Philippines LP book.

It certainly is not true that the of the Philippine is prone to Typhoons.

I think that you are talking about Samal Island which is very close to the city of Davao. Davao always advertises itself as "Typhoon free"

July is the start of the rainy season in the Phils., don't know how it is in the southern parts like Davao though, never been there yet. but, i've heard good things about Davao, and Surigao ("Cloud 9" surf anyone?)..

If you have to drop by Manila, stay in the Makati area. but, skip Manila if you can.. Cebu is the place imo.

the central islands like Camiguin, Boracay, Palawan, Bohol are hidden gems, one of the Pacific's best-kept secrets.

Edited by ai kwaan

July is the start of the rainy season in the Phils., don't know how it is in the southern parts like Davao though, never been there yet. but, i've heard good things about Davao, and Surigao ("Cloud 9" surf anyone?)..

If you have to drop by Manila, stay in the Makati area. but, skip Manila if you can.. Cebu is the place imo.

the central islands like Camiguin, Boracay, Palawan, Bohol are hidden gems, one of the Pacific's best-kept secrets.

No I have to stay in Manila for a week or so but will be staying in malate

Edited by alyx

• 1 month later...