Maxnet Down Yesterday

Donnyboy

3B Maxnet was down for me from about 4 pm till who knows when, i gave up and went to bed at 10 pm

When i tried ringing 1530 their line was busy.

anyone else have problems? This was the first time it was down for over a few hours for me

hope it doesnt happen again

I live at Home In Park and I have had two full days recently with no service (one of which was Wednesday just gone) plus various dropouts for a few hours, including yeterday Friday.

When you get through to the "Helpdesk" (Contradiction in terms!!) you get any one of a range of stories as follows

1. Northern Thailand and all Chiang Mai has a problem. Funny, my friend who lives 3 kilos from me was on!!

2. Your area ( Home In Park) is off. Funny, I was off but a neighbour was on!!

3. We are replacing old cable with Fibre Optic to "improve your service" !! No further comment needed.

Perhaps the concept of a helpdesk the World over is to get rid of customers as quickly as possible by telling any story, but it certainly is with BBB !!!

About Two weeks ago I had problems with my Maxnet /3 BB connection. frequent 'Freezed out'.

I got though to a English speaking Thai who assured me all would be OK in a hour or so. This turned out true.

Then one week later problems started again, I phoned up and was put through to Same man, he speaks very rapid English.

He remembered me and said There has been a problem on the connection to your part of CM, Suthep area, and a cable is being replaced. In about 3 hrs all will be well.

Well my connection has been good since, not perfect, occasional freeze up for a min or so then back to normal.

The condo I live in has a large Internet Cafe downstairs and I believe they do not help my ADSL connection.

john

Dear Guests,not only Maxnet but also TOt from yesterday about 4PM until this saterday morning about 7 M.

I call to TOT Airport Plaza CNX-Robinson and the answer:Problems with the server.You must wait...................

Auto message on 3bb said cable serving whole of CM province was broken. It was back up around 11pm.

However TRUE cable was working. I knew there was a reason I didn't cancel my subscription!

Mine was working all night, and been having some excellent speeds for a few weeks. Maybe because all you lot aren't clogging up my lines! Got my own super fast fibre optic cable right the way to Bangkok.

It'll break tomorrow now I've written this.

My maxnet/TTT/3BB or whatever the heck they're called this week was down as well yesterday afternoon for the first time in a long time.

I suffered internet withdrawal syndrome for a while then rediscovered my family and am ok now.

Mine was working all night, and been having some excellent speeds for a few weeks. Maybe because all you lot aren't clogging up my lines! Got my own super fast fibre optic cable right the way to Bangkok.

It'll break tomorrow now I've written this.

yup, youve used yr quota for the year last night :)

Their excuses vary with the time of day you call. Morning callers seem the get the "severed cable" excuse, where as afternoon callers get the "major problem across the province" I know why mine has been in and out in the last two days, and I told them the reason was not a severed cable. They are having problems with an unstable password server, and have had to reset mine three times. The latest being half an hour ago. Will see how long this reset lasts :D

Edit:- Forgot to mention it looks a lot like rain :)

Edited by Maejo Man

We talked to a friend in the business and she told us it was an FO cable problem that needed to be replaced. All was back up by 11 PM as someone already mentioned.

Yesterday on 3B/Maxnet, from my router I could ping the default gateway on the 3B side of things. I could ping a few other IP's in the same subnet, but I could not reach anything outside of 3B. Additionally, I could not reach items internally to 3B (such as their DNS servers). The observed behavior was consistant with a regional fiber cut.

I switched to an AIS 3G aircard and saw the following on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/jesadac/status/13541372678

http://twitter.com/3eluga/status/13541384203

Both are Thai's based in Chiang Mai with the first being a tech writer for CNet.

The 3G aircard is one of my best investments ever and has saved me several times. As much as Internet connectivity seems to break here, I highly recommend that others seek out a similar backup plan.

-Mestizo

We talked to a friend in the business and she told us it was an FO cable problem that needed to be replaced. All was back up by 11 PM as someone already mentioned.

They tell their staff that's the problem so often they actually beleive it themselves. :)

Yesterday on 3B/Maxnet, from my router I could ping the default gateway on the 3B side of things. I could ping a few other IP's in the same subnet, but I could not reach anything outside of 3B. Additionally, I could not reach items internally to 3B (such as their DNS servers). The observed behavior was consistant with a regional fiber cut.

I switched to an AIS 3G aircard and saw the following on Twitter:

http://twitter.com/jesadac/status/13541372678

http://twitter.com/3eluga/status/13541384203

Both are Thai's based in Chiang Mai with the first being a tech writer for CNet.

The 3G aircard is one of my best investments ever and has saved me several times. As much as Internet connectivity seems to break here, I highly recommend that others seek out a similar backup plan.

-Mestizo

I had the same ping responses so I thought we had forgot to pay our bill! This morning, all good and now even YouTube is working which has been down for me for three weeks. Go figure!

Yep, still mediocre. I've had the same speed/price/consistency with premier for three/four years and nothing's improved... should be up/down/up respectively with the way connectivity is moving on around the world. :)

My Maxnet connection went down yesterday in Pattaya and is still down today. I won't go into all the garbage explanations from the help desks suffice to say that a fibre optic cable has been the cause of the problem (who know's if this is the truth). This evening I called them yet again and they say the Chonburi area has now been fixed to which I replied my link was still down and they said it wll be fixed tomorrow....AARRRRRRGGGHHH !!!! So it hasn't been fixed then....God give me strength. Is there anyone else having problems ?? So it will be 2 days without a service and no sign of being fixed yet.....do the Thai's know the internet is 24 hours , 7 days a week ! Oh by the way I am using a very slow wireless card to connect and write this.

Edited by eltelboy