Road Tax, Insurance

Can anyone tell me what Road Tax costs in Thailand? The vehicle I'm interested in is an Isuzu D-Max pickup.

Also, what will Third Party, Fire & Theft insurance cost on this type of vehicle? If that doesn't exist in Thailand, what does Comprehensive cover costs?

4 door 6800bht road tax. Full comp insurance is a must for you. Here you end up behind bars if someone gets hurt with less insurance. Depends on year etc. l pay 14k bht full comp. :)

Hmmm....don't fancy the idea of free board & lodging at a Thai jail somehow, so I'll have to consider coughing up the extra cost I suppose.

Thanks for the quick response anyway.

My D Max cab 4 highlander 2005 model runs about the same for tax and insurance. Full cover Class 1 started around 21k and is down this year to about 13k with the discounting every year for safe driver no claims. Road tax and CPL cost is about 6k or so

Worth adding, get your insurance from one of the major reputable companies. Like everything else, insurance is a somewhat unregulated field here, and I've heard some real horror stories about the cheap micky mouse insurance companies.