Best Place In Pattaya To Watch The World Cup

paul1970

For me it would have to be Gullivers at the Naklua end of Beach Road.

A large amount of LCD TV's plus the huge quality projection screen in the dining area (unlike the shit quality projectors found in many bars), commentary you can hear and good value prices on their drinks in a nice comfortable environment and good quality reasonably priced food. :)

Only UBC in HD has the license to show the WC 2010 in Thailand in English and Supersports is going off the air. It may be slim pickings. :)

I believe that True Visions (UBC) with a standard box will also give English or Thai commentary, selectable with the language option.

Not sure if HD will only have commentary in English or commentary and half time analysis, if I'm going to pay extra for the HD I would like to have proper English analysis.

Good question Paul I'm looking for somewhere with a good atmosphere for the England USA game, but as its pretty quiet here right now it looks like its going to be a half empty bars here and there watching it...you think anywhere on Walking Street might have it on?

Drum and Monkey in Naklua ( about 600/800 metres up pattaya naklua from the dolphin lohma roundabout

It's a nice newly refurbished bar which has three TV with seperate channels so different supporters able to watch different games in seperate bar sections but if you sit at the very front can see all three at the same time very confusing if you try to watch all 3

also the bar sells many types of cider with Non pestering ,but attentive all the same, bar girls a very big plus in my book!!

no affiliation to the bar but it also has a friendly owner/manager who looks and dresses like Austin Powers villain Mini-me combined with the above were a welcome change for the 3 months I was there Dec 2009 to March 2010

any place where the English crowd is not allowed in :D

///edit: let me reword that...why do you guys bother, you're out in no time anyways...

...because as we always do, and we think that maybe this year it'll be different! :) So long as we beat those dam_n Yanks!! :D

any place where the English crowd is not allowed in :D

///edit: let me reword that...why do you guys bother, you're out in no time anyways...

...because as we always do, and we think that maybe this year it'll be different! :) So long as we beat those dam_n Yanks!! :D

It's going to be a walk in the park. :D

Good question Paul I'm looking for somewhere with a good atmosphere for the England USA game, but as its pretty quiet here right now it looks like its going to be a half empty bars here and there watching it...you think anywhere on Walking Street might have it on?

I watched all of the last WC at Gullivers and some of the matches had a great atmosphere with the place completely packed out, which is a lot of people considering how big the joint is. I would have thought England V USA will get the place full and should be a good atmosphere.

I watched all of the last WC at Gullivers and some of the matches had a great atmosphere with the place completely packed out, which is a lot of people considering how big the joint is. I would have thought England V USA will get the place full and should be a good atmosphere.

But do they have parking as I have never been there

But do they have parking as I have never been there

I take it that is a no

several weeks back, the Thai outfit that owns the local broadcast rights stated that they would be charging entertainment venues and bars showing matches on a per match basis...will be interesting to see how this plays out!

Edited by Utterlyuseful

What time does Gullivers close?

A lot of the games kick off at 01.30 (including the England v USA game).

Will Gullivers still be open at this time and stay open to see a whole game finishing at 3.15!

Hope so but just checking.

Will Gullivers still be open at this time and stay open to see a whole game finishing at 03.15!

Will Gullivers still be open at this time and stay open to see a whole game finishing at 03.15!

I don't know about this year but during the last world cup in Germany (same time zone as South Africa) Gullivers stayed open until the end of the games. So hopefully it will be the same this time.

Shagwells in Soi Arunotai have just put in 2 x 52" HD TV's and upgraded their UBC specially for the world cup. Beers cheap and plenty of room.

Very interesting,as i live not far from there,walking distance in fact

I can't wait for this match, hopefully it's another classic like 1950 match in Brasil when the USA a team of amatuer american/italians beat the English 1 nil :) lol, only saying cause I'm aussie and like nothing better than watching the English fail lol, oh and I'll be watching it with an american mate lol, anyway where is this Gullivers place? end of beach road? meaning where the screen is???? so kick off should be at 130am for this one???