Condominium Committee

It seems to be common practice that the manager of a condo registers the newly formed committee with the land Office. This specific detail is not written in the Condominium Act.It simply refers to the new committee being registered with" the Competent Official"

Can the " Competent Official " be the Managing Director of the company that set up the condo initially.

Are there any committee members out there where an alternative to the Land Office was successfully used a the "Competent Official"

I honestly believe that you are maybe looking at this problem a little back to front.

What is registered at the Land Office is essentially taken as Law in Thailand. The Law very much respects the underlying spirit of a Condo. When the law asks for a 'competent official' from the Land Department it essentially wishes for a 'competent official' at the Land Department to register documents. It does not wish a competent official to have a vestiged interest in what is agreed. It does not wish the 'competent official' to be an external official for whom their reponsibilities at the Land Department cannot be determined.

So essentially it does not matter who signs as long as he his deemed 'independent' and as long as he an employee of the the Land Department.

I honestly believe that you are maybe looking at this problem a little back to front.

What is registered at the Land Office is essentially taken as Law in Thailand. The Law very much respects the underlying spirit of a Condo. When the law asks for a 'competent official' from the Land Department it essentially wishes for a 'competent official' at the Land Department to register documents. It does not wish a competent official to have a vestiged interest in what is agreed. It does not wish the 'competent official' to be an external official for whom their reponsibilities at the Land Department cannot be determined.

So essentially it does not matter who signs as long as he his deemed 'independent' and as long as he an employee of the the Land Department.

Thank you very much for your reply. I have done some more research (just to satisfy myself) and have found an alternative translated version of the Condo Act 2008 which defines :

'Competent Official'

means the person appointed by the Minister for execution of this Act.

My earlier copy did not include this definition.

Thanks again for your prompt and comprehensive response