Price Of Beer In Thailand

malct

Hi All

Found this web site that gives you the average price of beer around different towns and resorts around the world http://www.pintprice.com/

I noticed last month in patong how much a bottle of beer has shot up in price plus the drop in the UK has made a big difference which has nothing to do with the Thai People(thats out of their control)

Is there anywhere now in thailand that you can get a cheap drink and watch the world go by.

I have to say Pattaya was Ok.

I am not a Cheap charlie really, But i do like to get value for my money.

Malc

Think the OP is ref to a BAR.......... :)

Last joli I tried a couple of paddy Pubs near Nana where they did pints promos ...ie Monday -Heinee-Tuesday -Tiger-Wed Sighn ..etc.@ from memory 89 Bt a Pint..... which seems OK..

I now find when I go into my old gin joints for a swally I ask the price first....

Dont want a Heart attack and I dont care if its the best go go -boozer-pub in the world I will NOT pay more than 100 bt anywhere for a small bottle of lolly...wot 2 quid..........rip off....

So wheres all the "punter pulling in" deals.....with NO toorists now must be loads.. :D

Last joli I tried a couple of paddy Pubs near Nana where they did pints promos ...ie Monday -Heinee-Tuesday -Tiger-Wed Sighn ..etc.@ from memory 89 Bt a Pint..... which seems OK..

I now find when I go into my old gin joints for a swally I ask the price first....

Dont want a Heart attack and I dont care if its the best go go -boozer-pub in the world I will NOT pay more than 100 bt anywhere for a small bottle of lolly...wot 2 quid..........rip off....

So wheres all the "punter pulling in" deals.....with NO toorists now must be loads.. :D

Went to the Irish Pub on Convent, last week and they did not have anymore Guiness or Kilkenny... so I opted for Stella which is a crap and beggar beer in my own country (I am from Belgium!)... Getting thirsty, I had three pints in total... And THB 950 check bill!!! :D

So you think you're hard done by. My local cafe here in Quan Hai is stitching me up a massive 4,000 a liter! :D

That's around 22 cents US.

ps Don't tell the balloon chasers. :D

Oh, sorry this ain't Thailand. Suggest you stick to the stone tables outside the 7-11's. :)

THB42 for large Leo... if buying by the case... including home delivery! :)

Beer Leo? I can drink urine free!

you can still buy Chang Classic or Chang Draft for 40Baht a 640ml bottle here!

but if you put into context with the strong Baht and the falling pound, beer is no longer cheap - a year or so ago, you could get 65 baht to the pound, and three bottles of Chang for 100 Baht, now the pound is 50 ish, and a single bottle is 40 Baht...same with fuel and everything else, this place is not as cheap as it was....

Probably get the usual response from the usual <deleted>, "fuc_k off to the Philippines"or whatever, but what the hel_l..your original post is correct.

Inflation here has gone crazy!

Edited by billythefish

anywhere for a small bottle of lolly...wot 2 quid..........rip off....

Large Leo 42-47 baht depends if you buy in bulk or per bottle at 7-11

NO toorists = put the price up TIT :):D

For some reason on my browser there are no "quote" "reply" buttons on the OP. (Can anyone give me a clue why?)

Anyway OP asked ....

"Is there anywhere now in thailand that you can get a cheap drink and watch the world go by."

Yes there are. Any little Mom and Pop corner store with a stone table outside. They typically charge about 5B more a beer than they are paying for it, and you can watch the world go by for as long as they're open.

I am pleased , or should i say sad that you also feel the same about the Price of beer in thailand.

when i was in Patong, Most places did not say how much it was for a beer, So you took a chance of a heart attact when getting the bill.

I always get stocked up on chang classic from the supermarket.

Most resturants are cheap for drink, there is a really good resturant in bacgkok on soi 14 next to the Sky train, Great food and a large beer for 80 Baht.

I have juist booked a flight and i am arriving in bangkok at the end of May (Depending on the Ash) so due to the Pound V baht, i could do with tips on a destination!!!! Pattaya might be the One.

By the way, on Soi 11 there is a bar called cheap charlies Bar ;-)

malc

I sat in one of our local bar's last night and had a couple of large Leo's at 55bt a bot: and my good lady had coke at 10bt, and a bucket of ice free. All I can say is get out of the tourist places, It took me over 15 year's to find this place. There here so go look.

but if you put into context with the strong Baht and the falling pound, beer is no longer cheap - a year or so ago, you could get 65 baht to the pound, and three bottles of Chang for 100 Baht, now the pound is 50 ish, and a single bottle is 40 Baht...same with fuel and everything else, this place is not as cheap as it was....

But if you put into context the weak baht/strong Aussie dollar, beer is actually cheaper.

Maybe lobby your parliament to sort out the pound if your no longer able to sustain your lifestyle out here.

Beer Leo? I can drink urine free!

you can still buy Chang Classic or Chang Draft for 40Baht a 640ml bottle here!

Probably get the usual response from the usual <deleted>, "fuc_k off to the Philippines"or whatever, but what the hel_l..your original post is correct.

Inflation here has gone crazy!

I don not have a big problem with Chang, I can drink it, but I really see someone who can drink Chang knock Leo so heavily, normally the other way around, but personal taste, you are always correct and the fact is, what you like and buy makes you right, the person selling doesn't give a crap.

Yes, you are correct, this place is not cheap anymore, Out of Bangkok, Farlang orientated areas and the center of Thai industrial heartland Inflation has not gone crazy. In the 3 areas I mentioned, my goodness, yes it has gone nuts. In those areas, there are other serous options of other countries to move to if cost is destroying you. For you personally, 65b to 40b is a major difference, but you live in Thailand, it is not the Thai fault that you decided to invest in a bankrupt currency that is not a reserve currency. Investing in a way like you did, it is very easy to hedge you exposure to a Pound falling apart. Not you are stupid at all, there are ways to cover your ass, to at least hold the exchange rate to within 1%. For some people living in Thailand, beer has got cheaper, there again, they are silly if not hedged to avoid the unfortunate pitfalls you are suffering, It is just part of expat living and international trade.

I heard that Hanoi have 12 cents glasses, on pubs that pop up on street corners. I can not confirm.

In Bangkok, The Western Hotel, near Soi 8 is expensive, but the Huntsman English bar downstairs, (my opinion boring bar) 2 for 1 till 9pm, and out side on the terrace till midnight.

Emm, Can not edit this site by the looks of it. "but I really see someone who can drink Chang knock Leo so heavily," = rarely

"For some people living in Thailand, beer has got cheaper, there again, they are silly if not hedged to avoid the unfortunate pitfalls you are suffering," inferring if the exchange rates goes against them in the future. Eg, Australians, Canadians, living out of the inflation rat race in Thailand, the exchange rate has gained more than the price of beer has risen in mom and pop shops & 711.

I hate beer :/ But I don't mind knocking back a few "bitch beers" (Mike's Hard, Bacardi, Smirnoff's, other malts, etc) Never really complained though. I could drop 1500B for some sort of whiskey or blend and mixers and it would last the night with a few friends. I actually really like sangsom, but none of my Thai friends have the balls to drink it in the clubs (I mean think of the loss of face!!!). 100 pipers 8 year, Shark cool bite, and coke lead to an interesting night, and it tastes pretty dam_n good too.

xperience bar, thong lor soi 8. On a friday is free drinks for men from 9pm to 10pm. There is absolutly no catch. Can come at 9 and leave at 10 having paid nothing and drank a fair amount. Should you be with a lady, they get free drinks from 10pm til close.

xperience bar, thong lor soi 8. On a friday is free drinks for men from 9pm to 10pm. There is absolutly no catch. Can come at 9 and leave at 10 having paid nothing and drank a fair amount. Should you be with a lady, they get free drinks from 10pm til close.

I suspect this place will be busier than ever on Friday night! :D

:)

to be honest ive been there the last few fridays as the not paying for beer is too go to turn down. But its been pretty empty. I believe it is relativley new and still trying to get its name out. The first time i went i was doubious that there was no catch. But aslong as ur getting ur drinks (male) between 9pm and 10pm ur have no bill.

Went to the Irish Pub on Convent, last week and they did not have anymore Guiness or Kilkenny... so I opted for Stella which is a crap and beggar beer in my own country (I am from Belgium!)... Getting thirsty, I had three pints in total... And THB 950 check bill!!! :D

I'm glad to here a Belgian guy say that about stella. Awhile ago there was a Belgian (Flemish actually) guy in these forums trying to claim that Stella was a great beer and that the only problem with it was that English hooligans started drinking it. I was starting to wonder if I had entered a parallel dimension, you would think with all the legitimately great beers that are brewed in Belgium that the natives would have a very negative view of Stella.

Edited by OriginalPoster

Ban Dung - Udon Thani

Large Leo in the bar = 80 Baht, served cold.

At mum and dads corner store = 47 Baht, served cold.

By the box at any number of vendors = 485 Baht or 40.4 each. warm.

Edited by bdenner

i get a bottle of bud here in uk for 50 pence - 25 baht , beat that . thailand is not cheap

At home in Scotland I can buy 24 cans of Tennents lager for £5 thats 21 Baht each.

I wouldn't drink it if it was free! Same same for American beer I'm afraid.

:)