Gas Contractor

cdmtdm

i have just received a quote to connect a new gas hotplate in a new kitchen , pipe run 2.5m inside cupboard to a gas bottle recess which is ventilated to the outside , pipe run in copper granted but the quote came in at 11,000 baht !!! included regulator but they seem to be cheap as chips , what is the story with the actual bottle do they have to be purchased or is it exchange not sure how it works here ??? anyone have another company that would be worth contacting ??? seems very expensive to me , opinions greatly appreciated .

cheers CdM

Go to nearest gas bottle sales buy a red bottle regulator plastic gas pipe and 2 clamps for bottle and regulator

Make sure the shop will deliver an exchange to your place.

Don't know how handy you are but I like to do this my self just to be sure.

The whole lot should come to 3000 including installation.

The bottle shop should have someone for install.

Plastic gas pipe not great in a fire tho...

yes agreed , the hotplate is actually above an electric oven so need to get copper in this section for the heat factor , sussed the bottles out with local supplier , buy first one and then exchange after that , have another contractor coming today to advise on cost .......

cheers

when I bought the bottle itself they installed everything for free, although I bought the large 1.5 meter tall one. I believe it was 8-10,000 baht for the big cylinder, then 1000 baht to exchange thereafter, and they deliver.

Edited by BillR

Presume house fires..

I had mine routed to go out the back, mostly as it was neater and I have a covered space for washing machines / laundry / etc there..

only 2,5 meters I would use the orange armed rubber gas hose installed in 1,5" pvc drain pipes. good for 250 Celsius which is more than you will ever reach 50% of behind oven. The hose has a manufactor date, and must be replaced in 10 years. Hose is no leak. sloppy copper is leak. 2k baht including a good regulator, 500 baht for installation. There is a good quality shop on Chao fa east between Land & House Park and Navinda, close to Chalong glass and aluminum.

I dislike gas bottles in cupbords, so if possible have it installed outside wall. If not at least vented in bottom of cupboard to outside.

My gasbottles are in my garage, 5 meter hose in 1,5" pvc drainpipe to kitchen above

bottles are purchased first time, then swapped for a few hundred baht pending on 5 kg, 15 kg or larger. I believe I payed 1000 baht each for the 15 kgs, and 300 baht to swap. I have 2 to make sure I never run out of gas while cooking

Edited by katabeachbum

LPG sinks to the floor and hangs around as you wall you cant smell it drop a light and it goe,s up thats why you do not put lpg on a boat as it sinks to the bottom of the boat and cannot be vented

gas in the house is not a good thing to do put the bottle outside

Why? Most people keep the bottle in a cupboard underneath. No problem.

What??!! It's only no problem if nothing ever happens. In this country, expect something to happen!

Keep it as far away from the cooking area / living area as you can manage.

LPG sinks to the floor and hangs around as you wall you cant smell it drop a light and it goe,s up thats why you do not put lpg on a boat as it sinks to the bottom of the boat and cannot be vented

most boats come with LPG cooking, and the bottle must be kept in separate compartment (usually back in the cockpit) and vented to outside hull.