Thai Id Cards?

thai3

Yes, you get it reissued/renewed at amphur.

It took almost a week when my wife did it at Lam Lukka in Pathum Thani but when I did mine in Bangkok I received a new one the same day. And yes, it does indicate marital status as Nang Saw (Miss) or Nang (Mrs.).

Yes, you get it reissued/renewed at amphur. 

It took almost a week when my wife did it at Lam Lukka in Pathum Thani but when I did mine in Bangkok I received a new one the same day.  And yes, it does indicate marital status as Nang Saw (Miss) or Nang (Mrs.).

Someone told me it can be done online, but seems doubtful, I expect a few baht might speed things up from one week. -peter

Someone told me it can be done online, but seems doubtful, I expect a few baht might speed things up from one week. -peter

It might just be my wife waited a week to go pick up the new ID card. I don't remember well. But she didn't get it done the same day like I did. I don't remember the cost either but very minimal. Few hundred baht.

Just asked wifey who's home now.

She said it shouldn't take no more than 15 minutes at any amphur with "computerized system" to issue a Thai ID card. For my wife, it was 2 - 3 days wait, but she waited a week to go pick it up. And the cost is no more than B20. I don't always count on the accuracy of the information she has though.

Yep..Same here..

K.W went to renew her I.D last week in Bangkok down at I believe the Central dept Store office in Bagna and she recons that she only waited about half and hour.

Cost as said above ...Bt 20.....me-thinks good value :o

My wife had hers stolen from our hotel room in Aust. Upon return to LoS we went to the Amphur for a new one, Aussie police report in hand. Took all of 30 minutes and free of charge.

The biggest hassle was the lecher of a man serving her asking her how much I pay her each month :o The wife told him half a million each month :D:D that shut him up, whether true or not. :D

(searchable, I mentioned this when it happened)

• 2 months later...
This Thai ID card, is it issued for foreigners as well as Thais, and if so, does it indicate the type of visa you have...

It is a national id card for Thai Citizens.

If you attain Permanent Residency status (an Immigrant Visa) you get, and I quote from ThaiVisa".... an alien registration book will be issued, which is the equivalent of the ID card held by Thais."

This Thai ID card, is it issued for foreigners as well as Thais, and if so, does it indicate the type of visa you have...

It is a national id card for Thai Citizens.

If you attain Permanent Residency status (an Immigrant Visa) you get, and I quote from ThaiVisa".... an alien registration book will be issued, which is the equivalent of the ID card held by Thais."

Does this mean that with an O-A retirement visa a person can not get an ID card?