Ups Batteries

Rabbi

In Pattaya go to Tukom, If Amorn in the basement doesnt have what you want go all the way up to the top floor the IT shop (powerbuy ??) might also have what you want, Was in there on the weekend and they had a few replacement batteries on display.

In Pattaya go to Tukom, If Amorn in the basement doesnt have what you want go all the way up to the top floor the IT shop (powerbuy ??) might also have what you want, Was in there on the weekend and they had a few replacement batteries on display.

If this is the same Amorn than in Zeer Rangsit, they have it. They may be temporarily out of stock, but they do have the model you are looking for.

Take your original battery with you, there are plenty of models that look very similar but are not.

Do not try to save too much on the quality, a better battery is more likely to be alive when the power goes down and you really need backup.

In Pattaya TukCom there is a shop that does a lot of this. They replace batteries in both UPSs and laptop batteries. Be warned that if it fails he will only give 50% of the price back.

Personally I just prefer to buy anew UPS, it works, I get a 12 month warranty, and if they are used, and fully recharged/discharged regularly it is easy to get more than a couple of years out of them.

I bought a Socomec from a local computer shop. The battery failed so I took the unit back to where I bought it. I had actually planned to buy a new unit but was surprised that they took out the old battery out and had a replacement in stock. It cost me 600 baht. The original battery lasted almost 6 years.

I bought a Socomec from a local computer shop. The battery failed so I took the unit back to where I bought it. I had actually planned to buy a new unit but was surprised that they took out the old battery out and had a replacement in stock. It cost me 600 baht. The original battery lasted almost 6 years.

Thanks everyone!! :)

I found exactly what I needed at Amorn - in fact I upgraded from a 12V 7.2AH for 550bht each only 50Bht extra. Original quotes started at 750Bht from various repairers so I fixed my UPS myself with about a 10 minute investment of my time. I now intend doing the 10 emergency lights in my guesthouse which were quoted at 2000Bht each for exactly the same battery but only there is 2 of them in each case.

Cheers