Aircon Dyi?

David006

So I have broken down and am now investigating air con for two bedrooms:

Questions: re DIY install..don't trust hammer and pliers equipped installers

- are the units pre-gassed with plastic acorn seals that open on torquing up?

- anyone any data on the advantages or disadvantages of double headed units i.e. one compressor otside two heads inside?

- anyone bought from Tesco bimbos?

any and all advice info welcomed..questions to retailers always seem to be "yes" no matter what you ask...lol

thanks in advance guys

david

Edited by David006

Every installation I have had made has been custom plumbed and do not believe DIY is an option for most people - it costs almost nothing and most do know what they are doing to some extent.

You could do better on price at a local dealer or contractor who installs/repairs as an occupation. Panasonic units bought from person we have clean units were about 25-30% (not sure exact amount but was much more than I expected) less than Lotus price last time we bought.

Every installation I have had made has been custom plumbed and do not believe DIY is an option for most people - it costs almost nothing and most do know what they are doing to some extent.

You could do better on price at a local dealer or contractor who installs/repairs as an occupation. Panasonic units bought from person we have clean units were about 25-30% (not sure exact amount but was much more than I expected) less than Lotus price last time we bought.

okay thanks lopburi3 will probably go that route ... the people who installed our aluminum doors and gyproc suspended ceilings seem to be quite on the ball and also do AC.

cheers

david

Edited by David006

okay thanks lopburi3 will probably go that route ... the people who installed our aluminum doors and gyproc suspended ceilings seem to be quite on the ball and also do AC.

cheers

david

I bought a cheap , small Aircon unit Haier. from Macro last year. it was a bit far away for a free install. so I did it myself. no problem. The pipes have a little tap so you can release the gas when you have an airtight seal. Its working fine. But most of the time the installation is free or cheap, so why bother.