Problems Whit Tot Adsl

bram

Does anyone else havinf problems whit there TOT ADSL conection in Chiang RAI .

Last week from april problems started here in Chiang Rai city . Conection is disconnected a lot problems seems fixed after a week but 3 days ago the same problems came back.

Tried a other modem the same problems , setup did not change .

I find out that using a other dns improve surfing a bit between te droping connections .

Hello Bram yes for weeks in Koh Samui the same problem I have a D-link router DSL-526B after a half hour or so disconnected for some reason.I took power off and on again then it works for half or 1 hour.Phone to TOT they said they where updating or upgrading the system in Surat Thanee .I don't understand why they not send a message by e-mail that they will work on the system??Now it works properly but for howlong?

isaanpaul

I made a mod on my D link modem cos it was getting so hot . In Chiang Rai it is over 40 C . I made a hole in the body whit a smal cpu fan on it this works wel. But the disconecting problem i have now really comes from TOT . Think i will change to 3bb soon . Because The service from TOT is so bad !

It is not only TOT..CAT also giving problem..I've changed my modem but it still happen..At night around 8pm+, the speed drops to 100kbps upload? It was 700kbps upload

Same here At some hours speed drops and sometimes the internet conection disconects . Will call TOT to let them check out what is wrong tried a other modem tonite but still the same problem.

seems like they short IP adreses or someting because i get a new ip adres everytime. and my old ip adress is than used by others than .

do we have any other service provider available in this region?

hi cp3

i am using since about 3 years maxnet premier ... normally every two or three months

there is a problem for a few days. but that is acceptable for. i like to use skype and it

works the most time . but i do not know your use ...

i am living in the city, i do not know how it works outside the city. if you like to have a more

stable connection, do not go for "indy", "premier" is more expensive but it is worth (for me).

the internet company "3bb" (former maxnet) will install you a new line only for the internet,

don't use your phone line, less problem. have a look at 3bb.co.th/product/

the 3bb office in chiang rai is located at "thanalai road", next to a bookshop. if you are heading

west it's on your right side ... they are very helpful

naamjai

Today the TOT engineers came for a check at my house.

They found noting wrong there and did a check from the line tot the nearest conection box.

When they came back they told they found some superfluous wires that where interupted by radio signals.

Later they also advised me to by a better modem from 10.000 thb . Laught about that of course.

Till now it seems to work ok .

You can try to use OpenDNS, google that and you will get settings and anykind of support over there !

Have worked for me with TOT-adsl over longer time.

Thx Puuma but Google DNS (8.8.8.8) is much faster dan Open dns . Dit a DNS speed test and google is the fastest in Chiang Rai .

Thx Puuma but Google DNS (8.8.8.8) is much faster dan Open dns . Dit a DNS speed test and google is the fastest in Chiang Rai .
Oops, It seems that you are well aware of the DNS issues and thanks for the tip of Google Public DNS.

I did a namebench and got following results; Recommended configuration (fastest + nearest). Primary Server for me was Google Public DNS-2 (8.8.4.4), but what is surprising me is result for nearest/ secondary server TOT-3 TH (203.113.5.133).

Open DNS was a bid after ! G P DNS / 8.8.8.8 was recommended like a backup DNS server for my system.

I have changed G P DNS-2 to one of my computer and will test that for a while.

Probably you already know that there is also one way to improving website performance with Page Speed. Page Speed is an open-source Firefox Add-on, for more information go to: code.google.com/speed (I assume that we all use firefox browser, because of Add-on "Increase Thai Text Size" :) ).

• 2 weeks later...

I am a little outside Khon Khaen had used TOT 2-3 MB for over a year no problems to talk about !

Now i changed to their 8 MB service.

It works fine between 22:00 and 18:00 the last 4 hours it goes down all the time, my SNC and NETGEAR routers say line down, line up, etc. all the time

The speed when it works is very good, 3,3-4 MB to Los Angeles, perfect.

Now had i tried to get TOT to do something about it for 2 weeks.

The tonight i took the old Billion modem (Bipac5210S) out of the box and tried that one, it seems to it all works oK, as soon i connect my SMC router again line down/up !

Do any know of any special setup on TOT networks since my routers work 20 hours a day, and just goes down (properly) when traffic on the net is high !

Please help !! TOT do not !