Thaphray Road (pat To Jomtien)

KhunBENQ

Hi,

a friend of mine living in Pat (Beach road Soi 1, not fluent in english) is considering to move to Jomtien Soi 12.

Could someone give me an update on the status of road construction on the popular Thapraya road from Pattaya to Jomtien?

Last winter when I was there, it was still quite a mess even on the motorbike.

Another one: how about availability of Baht buses on this route in the night (after 11pm)?

Is it difficult to find one?

Thanks

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thappraya Road has been pretty close to completion down to Theppasit Road from the traffic light to Jomtien beach Road it's not too bad now, but has not been ripped up and expanded. There are baht buses that run to Jomtien the can be picked up in front of School # 8 on the corner of 2ND Road and South Pattaya Road, have taken them after 1 AM...

In theory the baht buses run as far as Soi Chaipruk and turn at the police box. However, recently a lot of baht buses are using the wide road beyond Soi Welcome, as a sort of terminus, where the drivers can take a nap or have some food etc. This is about a 5 min walk short of Soi 12, so I hope your friend likes walking.

In theory the baht buses run as far as Soi Chaipruk and turn at the police box. However, recently a lot of baht buses are using the wide road beyond Soi Welcome, as a sort of terminus, where the drivers can take a nap or have some food etc. This is about a 5 min walk short of Soi 12, so I hope your friend likes walking.

It's situational. Best bet is to take a full bus from the Pattaya Tai queue. Then, there is a good chance there will be enough people going as far as Soi 12.

Thanks for the quick and helpful answers.

Just had a skype session with my friend and gave him some advice.

There will probably be only a few occasions where he will need a motorbike taxi.