Recieving A Gift

bubblegum

Never look a gift horse in the mouth, or read into it something that might not be there. Just accept a gift with a smile and a thankyou. No need to hurt anyone's feelings even if you don't like the gift. And, even if you don't want to proceed with a relationship it makes no difference in how you respond to the gift... just be polite.

I've received lots of gifts from Thai ladies and I've always been touched, even though the gift was not practical... like receiving a bouquet of flowers the day before I was heading back to Canada. It just told me that my time with them was appreciated. If the gift is at the start of a relationship it's just the same... a smile, a thankyou and leave it at that. Go slow until all knowledge is established.

I have received many gifts from Thai ladies, especially during the early 70s when I was still single. I agree with Ian that these gifts are indeed touching, and should be accepted in the same spirit in which they are given.

Fortunately all the gifts I received responded to antibiotics.

I have received many gifts from Thai ladies, especially during the early 70s when I was still single. I agree with Ian that these gifts are indeed touching, and should be accepted in the same spirit in which they are given.

:):D:D

Good one, Bosida. :D

Fortunately, I've never received any of those "gifts". Neither have any of my friends. Maybe it's the company we keep. :D

:):D:D

Good one, Bosida. :D

Fortunately, I've never received any of those "gifts". Neither have any of my friends. Maybe it's the company we keep. :D

Ian,

if I was your friend, I'd probably be reticent about telling you of all the gifts I'd received, for fear of making you jealous, or inviting investigation by the Anti-Corruption Police. So I think that you assume too much from their silence.

Mind, on that topic, you are better to keep good company than just borrow or rent ...

SC