Clashes Continue, Turning Central Bangkok In Virtual Warzone

webfact

The government says NO election after saying yes.

They kill a Thai General who was pro Red.

They do so next to a Wall Street Journal reporter during the interview.

They are trying to scare the media out.

BUT

Assassinations can go both ways.

Might I suggest a new movie?

"Bangkok REALLY Dangerous"

We can have sex, violence, assasinations, sex, reds killing, SEX, yellows killing, sex, and the fall of a regime with more SEX!

The government offered the reds elections, and the reds said No.

Edited by whybother

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

" Il faut savoir raison garder"

Very famous old proverb. (meaning: You must keep a blood cool and not give way to your passions).

True, part of us are close to Red Shirts, because we have a social feeling.

True, part of us are close to Government because they have business, responsabilities and they fear the consequences of the unrest

True, we are farangs and only observers, witnesses as we are not citizen of this Country. However we have a freedom of expression and we can give an opinion.

True, tomorrow we will have to live with Red, Yellow, Democrats....thai Citizens. Most are nice people even if I disagree with their opinions.

True, being a special Guest because I live with them and share the everyday life, I have to respect them even if they are not of my opinion.

Too much flaming, too much irrespect, too much arrogance from some farangs. We have to control our passions "et raison garder". We may need each other independantly of the "Colour' of our opinions.

Regards

Jerrytheyoung

This is tantamount to the, "you don't have kids so you have no right to make any judgment about parents" type of logic. Just because I am not Thai does not mean that I must leave my intellect, logic and opinions at the customs desk upon arrival. And I disagree that anyone owes respect to what one considers wrong. A man must take sides and defend beliefs. He does not just get to walk away from this responsibility because he moves to a different country. One might be able to run from many things by leaving his home, but he cannot run away from his conscience or his sense of justice.

BUT

We can have sex, violence, assasinations, sex, reds killing, SEX, yellows killing, sex, and the fall of a regime with more SEX!

The government said offered the reds elections, and the reds said No.

The government offered elections with half a dozen "IFs", the red said yes. Look it up, it's on every news source.

BUT

What kind of idiot would believe this government and regime?

"The soldiers just opened up on everyone. Old people, women, ambulance crews."

This a tweet from Time journalist Andrew Marshall on the scene now.

http://twitter.com/Journotopia

Can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs.

I hope you enjoy your omelet

Ugh! Disgusting! :) He reminds me of another right wing nutter who also used to post several dozen times a day in the News Clippings section, the one who tried to explain away the Tak Bai massacre as an army logistics issue. 'Plus', I think his posting name was.

Stop whining and being a drama queen. The so-called news was obviously untrue to anybody with any common sense .. meaning everyone but the supporters of the illegal violent red mob and the terrorists among them.

5 grenades just shot at soldiers at Rajaprasong. 5 minutes of shooting followed. Then another grenade, now sporadic fire.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey, is AUA open today?

I am going to go get a drink at the outdoor nana bar.

I really do think this thing could become all out war.

It was a real bad idea to assasinate the red General.

Now the Reds might assassinate some pro Regime Generals.

It could be open season on all generals.

Thai's are very much into revenge.

Its said the Yellow Army Colonel blown up on the 10th was targeted as he led the anti-red crackdown in 2009.

Now Yellow revenge is to kill SD.

So SD's "men" will now enact revenge, but at a much higher level, on the Yellow army persons.

It could easily now turn into something very much bigger, the snowball has been launched off of the top of the mountain it seems.

We dont know who killed either in reality or why. There are other equally likely rationales too

BUT

Look around, this place is full of them :)

The Reds and their supporters have proven time and again that they are militants and supporters of violence, not peaceful protesters. The government has every right to crack them down and decapitate the militant leaders.

Violence has only followed when the government has been aggressive and provoked.

The problems all started with the shutting down of PTV - an unconstitutional and provocative move by Abhisit/Suthep.

Find a placid dog and poke it in the eye..... see if the placid dog will bite you.

Provoke and you will reap what you sow is the general rule.

redshirts1.jpg

Just to let you all know I did phone all of my friends above, and they are fine.

yep me too oy, nut, jee, bee, and koy phoned me, they are fine and we meet tonight at "jungle dance" on ramintra........ got to go btw I'm already late

Ciao!

What is going on mate they said I was their only one..........

Peace cannot be obtained without the use of arms and force. ...

yeah, then that Gahndi fellow must not have known anything ,huh?

Ghandi?

The regime would simply shoot him in the head.

How is that peaceful protest working in Myanmar?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

u guys must be talking bout "Gandhi" ...

Given that there is a kingdom at stake, the group is spending vast amounts of money in order to foment and sustain an insurrection.

Because so much already has been spent, the group cannot accept defeat; therefore, they now will employ any and all tactics in order to win.

The situation is complicated by the fact that the group's appointed local leadership are rapidly losing control over the entity that they have created.

Which side is he talking about? :)

School cancelled today, kids to scared to come in!! Business is at a standstill. Whilst the reds are here who is looking after their crops and their families???? Sukhumvit is not a nice place to be at the moment been through twice today and i would describe it as very tense, and potentially chaotic. This should have been dealt with weeks ago! I am all for getting rid of the hardcore reds, they are little more than terrorists, angling for the best deal. But i feel for the people they have duped with their rhetoric!! I can only see this going horribly wrong and leading to bloodshed on a large scale, which is sad because i do love this country!!! No end in sight!

Which school, mine wasn't closed (went to school half asleep)

Ohh well, atleast theres only two more weeks left before summer (assuming i pass the exams or else it would be two more weeks before death-figuratively ofcourse)

Anyways, at least the gov't is keeping the pressure on and actually doing what they said they were going to do (not like a few days ago when they said they were going to cut supply to the reds). Hopefully this will end before summer and I can finally go out and watch some movies.

EDIT: the reason i was half asleep= procrastinating on homework, hoping for school to close (started doing it at half past midnight)

Edited by 321niti123

A car with TNT explosives and bomb making device was found parked at an apartment building in Bang Khen district Friday.

Police were alerted to check the car at the Rimnam Apartment on Soi Ram Indra 34 at 3 pm.

Police found a cooking gas cylinder, 5 bars of TNT explosives, 4 extinguishers, and six mobile phones in the car's trunk.

LOOKS LIKE PEACE IS ON IT"S WAY!!!

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation

Natthawut warns big tragedy will happen Friday night

Natthawut Saikua, a red-shirt leader, Friday demanded Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to dissolve the House immediately and pull out troops or a big tragedy will happen to the country at night.

"If

the prime minister does not order ceasefire, tonight will likely see a

big tragedy. It is likely that Thai people will be forever feel pain in

their heart because of what will happen tonight," Natthawut said.

He said the prime minister must dissolve the House and stop using violence against the protesters.

He said he did not mean the red-shirt protesters would use violence but confusion could prevail at night.

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

!!! A VERY DANGEROUS THREAT - REMINDS ME OF THEIR THREAT THAT THEY WILL TRY TO VISIT A CERTAIN HOSPITAL TONIGHT. !!!

BUT

The government offered elections with half a dozen "IFs", the red said yes. Look it up, it's on every news source.

One of the IFs was to stop protesting. Given that they didn't stop protesting, what they said was clearly not what they meant.

this has nothing to do with gps coordinates its 13H54 .... 01.54PM..... but i really don't buy this story ... we will see tomorrow

you are correct now that i just checked the link its 1353'53.25"N10035'47.79"E Google earth coordinates for Don Muang

bkkjames

How many times do you have to be told? Needforspeed, is taking the pi**. The movie is called 'Knowing', here is a link to a review.

Knowing

Will you stop pulling the thread off track with this bullsh*t.

Can we please have a smiley of banging your head against a brick wall!!

Will this do?

:)

post-97356-1273852873.gif

I am going to express my opinion as to why all this is happening. I will not reply to any comments on my opinion.

In order to place my opinion in perspective, please consider the following.

I have lived in Thailand for 21 years. I originally was invited to come as a technical expert. I am fluent in spoken and written Thai at the post-graduate level. From 1990-2000, I worked in 72 provinces on projects for the Ministries of Interior, Public Health, Education, and Communications, mostly in very rural areas.

In addition to my technical background, I have an MA in Religion, concentration in Buddhism. I have spent 3 years in monasteries, both in Thailand and my home country.

I lived in Issan for 11 years, and for the past 10 years have lived in Bangkok. In Issan, I used to attend the monthly meetings of my city's "informal" governing committee - the mayor, the provincial police chief, an army general, and 5 businessmen. In Bangkok, when I worked on government projects, I used to attend functions hosted by by the Royal Family.

The anti-government movement is largely funded directly or indirectly by Thaksin's clan. The balance is proved by certain other Sino-Thai business clans.

The goal of the Thaksin group is to attain control of Thailand once an inevitable event occurs.

Given that there is a kingdom at stake, the group is spending vast amounts of money in order to foment and sustain an insurrection.

Because so much already has been spent, the group cannot accept defeat; therefore, they now will employ any and all tactics in order to win.

The situation is complicated by the fact that the group's appointed local leadership are rapidly losing control over the entity that they have created.

Harold, I have refrained from posting for several reasons, but the sanity and clarity in your post have temporarily stirred me from lurkville. As another long time resident who is now out of the Kingdom I am aware of some other motivational factors at work that are not constructive to post, but considering the venue, that was a brillant post. Thanks for your insights, they are welcomed by all that have had the opportunity to see them.

Thank you also, harold.

But I believe it is not only the "red" side who are staking a claim in what is likely to be a very unpleasant outcome after the inevitable happens at the top of the pecking order.

Thailand needs to get through the current problems, and the next lot with hopefully substantial structural change at the top.

Those who believe the current "benevolent" structure is good for Thailand are living in la la land.

School cancelled today, kids to scared to come in!! Business is at a standstill. Whilst the reds are here who is looking after their crops and their families???? Sukhumvit is not a nice place to be at the moment been through twice today and i would describe it as very tense, and potentially chaotic. This should have been dealt with weeks ago! I am all for getting rid of the hardcore reds, they are little more than terrorists, angling for the best deal. But i feel for the people they have duped with their rhetoric!! I can only see this going horribly wrong and leading to bloodshed on a large scale, which is sad because i do love this country!!! No end in sight!

Which school, mine wasn't closed (went to school half asleep)

Ohh well, atleast theres only two more weeks left before summer (assuming i pass the exams or else it would be two more weeks before death-figuratively ofcourse)

Anyways, at least the gov't is keeping the pressure on and actually doing what they said they were going to do (not like a few days ago when they said they were going to cut supply to the reds). Hopefully this will end before summer and I can finally go out and watch some movies.

Why can't you go watch movies now? Not 18 yet? :)

There are now reports on CNN that the police are shoting at the army. Welcome the the "Roadmap to shiet!"

I can't believe it but I am beginning to think Thaksin would be much better than this current group of idiots who obviously will let Bangkok burn to the ground before letting anyone else close to the state $$$$. I don't think they will be spending it in Thailand. Go back to England Abhist and bring Anapong with you.

The Reds and their supporters have proven time and again that they are militants and supporters of violence, not peaceful protesters. The government has every right to crack them down and decapitate the militant leaders.

Violence has only followed when the government has been aggressive and provoked.

The problems all started with the shutting down of PTV - an unconstitutional and provocative move by Abhisit/Suthep.

Find a placid dog and poke it in the eye..... see if the placid dog will bite you.

That was after the reds had threatened to storm a military base, stormed parliament, and also set themselves up in Ratchaprasong. Who was doing the provoking?

I think your general rule is playing out tonight against the provokers.

"The soldiers just opened up on everyone. Old people, women, ambulance crews."

This a tweet from Time journalist Andrew Marshall on the scene now.

http://twitter.com/Journotopia

Can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs.

Ugh! Disgusting! :) He reminds me of another right wing nutter who also used to post several dozen times a day in the News Clippings section, the one who tried to explain away the Tak Bai massacre as an army logistics issue. 'Plus', I think his posting name was.

Stop whining and being a drama queen. The so-called news was obviously untrue to anybody with any common sense .. meaning everyone but the supporters of the illegal violent red mob and the terrorists among them.

I wasn't flagging up the twitter report, I was flagging up your reaction to it. You are disgusting.

Edited by Siam Simon

BUT

The majority who do not believe in violence and redskirts!!

BUT

The government offered the reds elections, and the reds said No.

should be offering the country not the reds

There are now reports on CNN that the police are shoting at the army. Welcome the the "Roadmap to shiet!"

I can't believe it but I am beginning to think Thaksin would be much better than this current group of idiots who obviously will let Bangkok burn to the ground before letting anyone else close to the state $$$$. I don't think they will be spending it in Thailand. Go back to England Abhist and bring Anapong with you.

From what I read it was one cop.

would be more concerned if in that other thread about seh deang in the coma the poster who said he heard from two different sources about a more significant development

Where are Abhisit and Suthep? Shouldn't they be addressing the nation in this time of crisis?

TAN Network: Red shirts gather outside ThaiCom station at Rattanatibate Rd; outbound traffice critical via @js100radio

Here we go.

Edited by redparrot

I am going to express my opinion as to why all this is happening. I will not reply to any comments on my opinion.

In order to place my opinion in perspective, please consider the following.

I have lived in Thailand for 21 years. I originally was invited to come as a technical expert. I am fluent in spoken and written Thai at the post-graduate level. From 1990-2000, I worked in 72 provinces on projects for the Ministries of Interior, Public Health, Education, and Communications, mostly in very rural areas.

In addition to my technical background, I have an MA in Religion, concentration in Buddhism. I have spent 3 years in monasteries, both in Thailand and my home country.

I lived in Issan for 11 years, and for the past 10 years have lived in Bangkok. In Issan, I used to attend the monthly meetings of my city's "informal" governing committee - the mayor, the provincial police chief, an army general, and 5 businessmen. In Bangkok, when I worked on government projects, I used to attend functions hosted by by the Royal Family.

The anti-government movement is largely funded directly or indirectly by Thaksin's clan. The balance is proved by certain other Sino-Thai business clans.

The goal of the Thaksin group is to attain control of Thailand once an inevitable event occurs.

Harold, I have refrained from posting for several reasons, but the sanity and clarity in your post have temporarily stirred me from lurkville. As another long time resident who is now out of the Kingdom I am aware of some other motivational factors at work that are not constructive to post, but considering the venue, that was a brillant post. Thanks for your insights, they are welcomed by all that have had the opportunity to see them.

2 Good posts

:)

I agree -- it fits.

Whatever ... reds are getting their ass whupped

i certainly do not support thaksin, he's just a corrupt politician, but i do have a lot of sympathy for the red's and all the millions

of poor Thais, many of whom receive wages of 100-150 baht a day,and i am sick of reading farangs complain about the disruption to their

life and livelihood, can i ask those who criticise the poor to state their daily earnings.

It is not only the farangs who's life is disrupted....I live in Laos and everytime reds or yellows do something really stupid we do notice the effect even here.

Think about all the empty hotels, empty shopping malls and cost for Thai society in total.

A lot of people are making NO money at the moment just because of the red shirts making trouble. And those people are also the lower-to-middle class workers.

If you only make 150 baht a day then you should try to do your best to make more. Of course it is hard to work your way up...but hey, I also started with a cleaning job.

And now I have former employees (who's parents are mostly farmers) who became managers of hotels or restaurants. And all this in "poor" Laos.

If it can happen here, than it can certainly happen in more evolved Thailand.

That was after the reds had threatened to storm a military base, stormed parliament, and also set themselves up in Ratchaprasong. Who was doing the provoking?

I think your general rule is playing out tonight against the provokers.

No.... government cut off PTV, leading to those events.

Provocation by the government, everytime.

BUT

Give me some reasons not to believe them. And while you're at it, give me some reasons to believe any of the lies of the reds.