Internet Outages Plague Phuket

webfact

Internet outages plague Phuket

PHUKET: -- Following a week of intermittent internet access, at times leaving consumers with no access at all, Triple Broad Band Internet (3BB) has confirmed that the outages are expected to continue until the end of the month while the company installs a new network.

Pongsakorn Yuktawet, General Manager of 3BB’s Upper Southern Region, based in Phuket, said the outages were being exacerbated by a series of incidents damaging fiber-optic cables that 3BB relies on to serve its customers.

“Last Saturday, the fiber-optic line in Satun was damaged and that took time to fix. Then on Sunday the line at Thap Put in Phang Nga was damaged. We are not sure what caused the damage, probably a car [accident] hit the line.

“On Monday, the fiber-optic line in Nakhon Sri Thammarat went down. That same line feeds Phuket,” he said.

“We are trying our best to solve the problems, but the problems have been beyond our control. It was not our system; the system is already good.”

pglogo.jpg

-- Phuket Gazette 2010-05-15

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

Our 2 Kata services (TT&T Maxnet) were down for about 4 hours last night, yet another wifi hot spot we can access (also Maxnet) was Ok. I have noticed that Maxnet Premier has had many problems this last month or 2. Just can't connect to some news sites. I wonder if these problems are associated with the new3BB company taking over and not taking care of the old TT&T equipment ??

Yeah my TT&T/3BBB line was down for the same period last night. Around 9pm I called TT&T at 1103 which is on the router, and they told me to call 3BBB at 1530. Eventually I found someone at 1530 who told me that their internet was "broken down in Phuket" and should return 11pm to midnight. And it did. katabeachbum has not been able to get online for a week, but I am not sure if he has TT&T/3BBB or not.

I noticed now after yesterday's downtime my ISP is showing as 3BBB instead of TT&T. Must have been an upgrade involved somewhere as well as the unplanned outages.

Also my ping speed to Bangkok has gone from around 50ms to about 100ms.

Speed seems good to Bangkok, and overall has been pretty good all day today.

815469000.png

International speeds seem OK.

815474432.png

I am on TOT 4 MBs service & was great when I first started with their service a little over a month ago. However, the last 2 weeks have been pitiful & cannot get more than 0.85 MBs download to either San Francisco, Singapore or Bangkok. Complaints to TOT have produced no answers nor any resolution to the fact that all emails to yahoo.com do not go through (I know others experiencing the same yahoo problem who are with TOT).