Patong At The Moment

COLDSTREAM

Numbers like? Hi boys? Soi Lion? Refurbished?

For a minute I thought you were talking about the troubles in Bangkok and a certain location....

Is this code? Or is this a perv request for information? If it is, please go and talk with other lubricated forms of life.

It is pathetic that such posts appear on the front page of the news website.

For a minute I thought you were talking about the troubles in Bangkok and a certain location....

Is this code? Or is this a perv request for information? If it is, please go and talk with other lubricated forms of life.

Steady on mate i think he is just asking if it is busy :)

Take it easy there, big shooter. You certainly do seem like a Tired Teacher. Better you than me. :)

Front page??

News website??

It's forum 4 f sake

Front page??

News website??

It's forum 4 f sake

ROFL! :)

Well, at least this topic is alive now! :D

Noticeably quieter post song gran but still enough for a night out..

Also heard rumblings about Lion.. Think the nasty ST hotel at the back was going to be developed but no idea if that project has morphed into something else..

Noticeably quieter post song gran but still enough for a night out..

Also heard rumblings about Lion.. Think the nasty ST hotel at the back was going to be developed but no idea if that project has morphed into something else..

What are the plans for Soi Sea Dragon? heard there's a big development planned for the carpark area at the end which will render the centre bars out-of-action for a while.

Sea Dragon is having a 'luxury' hotel built at the end of it.. So all the center bars are being moved to the east.. Making one side of them an actual road, and the other side a (covered ??) walkway..

I suspect that is bad news for any business on the eastern side of the road tho who knows.. Maybe the cover helps in rainy season ?? Maybe it gets hot as hel_l ?? Very hard to predict..

Sea Dragon is having a 'luxury' hotel built at the end of it.. So all the center bars are being moved to the east.. Making one side of them an actual road, and the other side a (covered ??) walkway..

I suspect that is bad news for any business on the eastern side of the road tho who knows.. Maybe the cover helps in rainy season ?? Maybe it gets hot as hel_l ?? Very hard to predict..

Spoke to a couple of friends who own bars in Sea Dragon and they have been told to expect a minimum of four months (more like six according to some) of construction work whilst the soi is redeveloped. LOS states that the bars in the middle will be moved to the east, however speaking to a friend who has a bar in the middle, he seems to think that he will lose just a small amount of space and it will be rebuilt as a two-storey bar in the middle??..............so who knows? Other bar owners are worried that the construction work will stop most tourists from venturing into the area even if some of the bars are still open, which seems feasible, and although they have asked for some financial recompense because of this, they have been refused by the owner of the soi.

As for numbers generally, very quiet all round, with a few bar owners saying they are 40% down on last year's takings, and last year wasn't that flash. A few bars for sale, and I suspect more to come and I have rarely seen more than 10 farangs in the new Tiger complex next to the boxing arena, since it was opened so those bar owners have to be struggling. Property sales are stagnant and there are a few bargains to be had for people with cash, yet despite this, new apartments, guest houses and hotels are still being built. One unfinished apartment block near me is already looking the worst for wear, yet despite being unfinished and looking very tatty, a new one is being built almost alongside it!! Some Thai speculators who put deposits on small apartments off the plans two years ago with the hope of flicking them on for a profit, have been burnt and lost their deposits in another development along the "new road".

It is the worst I have seen it, although I have only been coming here for six years.

Having said that, there are enough tourists around for some bars to enjoy reasonable takings, and for you to have a good night out without too many crowds.

Edited by Philnz