Wit! Who Beats You Down With It Within The Forum?

tigerfish

no matter what subject on any given day, youll always come up against someone with just that tad more "wit" than you. that just beats you into submission.

they have a way with words, and a god given talent, to stick you in a corner and make you feel hopeless in replying to their post.

so who is it in your books that pocess such a thing?

i can think of 2 such members, "elkangorito" and "bkkjames".

Of course it is you Tigerfish....your incessant witty repartie floors me every time....you are just too much....I have to frequently avoid getting into discussion with you as there can only be one humiliating result..... :)

Just make yourself wittier than them.

End of.

If not then you are boring and then have to admit it.

I am boring and try and try to make myself wittier to no avail.

It's a sad life. But that's how it is. And you've got to live with it. Even though its tough, don't worry. Us really boring people with no sence of humuor just get on with our day to day life.

Bored.

I knit to take away the boredom - little booties.

Of course it is you Tigerfish....your incessant witty repartie floors me every time....you are just too much....I have to frequently avoid getting into discussion with you as there can only be one humiliating result..... :D

no thats "sarcasm" 473geo, but nice try though :)

im talking about, ah! heres another one, members like neverdie.

they have the ability to counter in a sharp, but humourous manner. without letting another member getting the better of them.

Just make yourself wittier than them.

End of.

If not then you are boring and then have to admit it.

I am boring and try and try to make myself wittier to no avail.

Don't worry. Anyone who is kind to cats has plenty going for them.

Of course it is you Tigerfish....your incessant witty repartie floors me every time....you are just too much....I have to frequently avoid getting into discussion with you as there can only be one humiliating result..... :D

no thats "sarcasm" 473geo, but nice try though :)

they have the ability to counter in a sharp, but humourous manner. without letting another member getting the better of them.

Sarcasm being the lowest form of??????...... :D

no thats "sarcasm" 473geo, but nice try though :D

in your case, im not sure :)

they have a way with words, and a god given talent, to stick you in a corner and make you feel hopeless in replying to their post.

-----------

Kindly provide some examples! Maybe we don't read the same Topics?

[wondering if he gets it?] just kidding buddy!

Edited by eggomaniac

"youll always come up against someone with just that tad more "wit" than you"

Yeah, especially in those threads about getting shit-faced and chasing skirts in Pattaya.

no thats "sarcasm" 473geo, but nice try though :D

in your case, im not sure :)

Not surprising my lowest level is probably just a bit above your highest.... :D

Hmm I my name mentioned in this thread and not sure why.

They say brevity is the key to wit so forgive me if this post is rather long.

For me bendix and naam are inspiration, bendix for his ability to call it like it is in less than 3 words and naam, for being that klingon that all of us love to hate.

However Basil Fawlty is my true hero and one that I think everyone should aspire to be like.

In the end I don't go out of my way to be an asshol_e, these things come naturally.

While I appreciate the nomination and all that I must say to the op, if you would like some lessons to improve your wit, pm me for a guide to lifes greatest questions, with the answers in crayon.

Sarcasm is covered in chapter 3 albeit I find it difficult to understand - the author tries too hard to be funny and the sarcasm is lost when you read it aloud without anyone to hear you. Books on tape I hear are good and perhaps this is the key in developing strong sarcasmic skills.

Now where did I leave my wit, there it is in paragraph 2, be right back...

Naam and Bendix..

They are massively outnumbered by posters whose fingers I would happily slam hard in a car door.

Yes, I miss Bendix's wit. TV would be more fun with guys like him posting again.

:)

I think it was Ulysses G that posted the finest insult I've seen; and I had to read it twice to pick it up. I was - well, there it is again - lost for words - with admiration.

I'm not very good at remembering names against comments, though, so I could be mis-remembering, though...

IanForbes' comments always put a smile on my face with his generosity of spirit and good nature.

SC

Carmine keeps it real and has a cool way with words. Less is more.

Marky45 knows how to get the room rocking with the opposite approach

Problem is (in my book) too many people THINK they a wit only to find they are a wit unto themsleves alone. :)

Carmine keeps it real and has a cool way with words. Less is more.

Marky45 knows how to get the room rocking with the opposite approach

Problem is (in my book) too many people THINK they a wit only to find they are a wit unto themsleves alone. :)

It makes me laugh; what more could I ask for?

SC

Naam and Bendix..

They are massively outnumbered by posters whose fingers I would happily slam hard in a car door.

Naam!?

That's the guy who claimed that a BMW gets cheaper should you happen to employ a bilingual gardener, and subsequently flames (or is outright rude and dishonest) other posters when they reflect on this remarkable fact...?

Well, if it does it for you....

Since you raised the question, of all the posters on this forum, Naam is the only one I have yet to experience with this extraordinary feature, so I dont agree with you at all.

Village farang is okay.. he comes across sometimes to moi as a little arrogant ( I am sure my perception is probably wrong), but then suddenly he comes back on a more even keel, so overall I would give him decent marks for wit and a decent heart to go along with it.

How about another post.. the TV person you like the least? It wouldn't work of course, (as the thread would last about 5 minutes) as in person they may turn out to be a fine example of a human, in fact this is probably normally the case.

signed: consistantly inconsistant