More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

Peaceful protesters do not steal billions of dollars worth or private and public property.

Like the yellow shirts? After they left government house, there wasn't a single valuable item left in there. Computers, furniture, cars, everything gone.

That is so much BS.

I also remember an report on television in Europe about the clean up of Suvarnabhumi Airport,... executed by the protesters themselves and the staff said afterwards they were surprised that all was still there and the computers worked fine,... Same for the Government house,... it was looted by other people. Yes, some of the infrastructure was damaged when they invaded the building, tru.

I'm not a yellow supporter, in fact, i suffered severe financial loss because the airport closure that time, I'm in export business, so it's not really my interest to play the yellow card.

But I can't have it when lies and hot air are blown.

You seem very good at it.

And it isn't possible that the lootings now are also being done by people other than the red shirts?

No, not when most of them seem to come directly from the red camp when doing it...unless you mean that a lot of people in the red camp isn't really red shirt'ers...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching channel 3 now. It seems a petrol tanker has been hijacked at Bon kai.

Could get nasty.

Someone advise them that for maximum result, you need to shoot at it from real close,...

And your motivation for putting that on a public forum? :)

Your credibility does come into question when you continue to post pictures instead of links.

You are really a very sad person yea?

www.channelnewsasia.com/

news.bbc.co.uk/

edition.cnn.com/

english.aljazeera.net/

Talking about specific articles on these sites and posting screen shots of them to imply they say something while avoiding providing links to these articles makes no sense unless ....

Obviously you can't understand my post. I was talking about "the message" as a combination of a photo and a headline. I've provided the links and the screen shots but as I've told you are probably such a sad person that you try to imply that I was implying things. I was implying nothing more from what I've written.

There really is only one answer that doesn't need more explaining unless you are a paranoid nut job who is against law and order and that simply is that they are trying to do this with the least loss of life and property .... including their own. You can get more into specifics but that is the bottom line.

the government's refusal to grant general amnesty has done wonders for law and order in bangkok in the last four days, hasnt it?

sometimes, in the false pursuit of law and order, lawlessness and chaos are borne.

They are not arresting anyone that leaves peacefully. They are giving them a free ride home.

The ones they catch being violent (attacking the army) are being put away if they are caught.

You should read your screen name before responding to his posts ... I just found myself saying those exact same words when considering responding anymore to his nonsense.

First they are not terrorists

Second they dont have machine guns .

Third if they had machine guns you would see tens of soldiers killed

Please dont alter the truth . Thank you

PS : Or if they have machine guns they dont use them , which comes to the same

as not having them

YES by any dictionaries definition THEY ARE TERRORISTS. You are the one altering the truth. No country in the world differentiates between waving machine guns at people and using them. THEY HAVE MACHINE GUNS and bombs and grenades and lots of other weapons. They are terrorists. As soon as you have an armed mob any country in the world would use force of equal weaponry to remove them and bring safety back to the city. What are you thinking?

I didn't look since I don't need convincing but you can see a number of videos of reds with assault rifles if you go back a couple pages in this thread or if you watch Thai TV. In addition to assault rifles you will see grenade launchers as well as molotov cocktails (which if hit with one, you would wish you were shot) as well as spears and slingshots which certainly can also be a deadly weapon. But "IF" you are insinuating they got rid of their weapons from the 10th then I beg differ just out of common sense.

I'm just interested to know if they are using the weapons that they allegedly have. I'm well aware that they took weapons before and then returned them, as I understand it the army claim that allegedly they didn't get them all back. It has to be said that there seems to be little evidence that they're using them. I totally concur with what you said about the molotov cocktails etc.

Abisit & the Govt need to hire the high powered PR firms that Thaksin has hired to turn out the sound bites suitable for western audiences and usable by CNN, BBC etc. I know they shouldn't have to do this but it's time to recognize that there is a media war being raged against the Govt somewhat orchestrated by ...... guess who & his money.

Thaksin is doing everything that Abhisit should have done. He's missed every opportunity so far. Thaksin pulled the poor and less fortunate Thais over and is combining the 2 causes, his own and the call for equal justice and opportunity. Abhisit didn't listen to them, he missed the opportunity. Now the media, Abhisit again missed the ball. All the government is doing is trying to push the media away from covering what's really happening, saying they're photoshopping or showing edited videos, telling them to leave as they're under sniper fire, etc. These reporters have worked in far worse situations, many of them in Iraq and Afghanistan, and they know especially that when someone tells them to leave, that something interesting will be happening, so instead of leaving they will dig in and wait.

Right or wrong, Thaksin is outplaying Abhisit and is forcing him to play the cards that Thaksin wants.

Ah! now you show your true face.

Listen to what your master Thaksin now says:

Thaksin calls for both sides to step back from 'abyss'

Learn better how to be two-faced.

Kitty.

Watching channel 3 now. It seems a petrol tanker has been hijacked at Bon kai.

Could get nasty.

Someone advise them that for maximum result, you need to shoot at it from real close,...

And your motivation for putting that on a public forum? :)

Wondered the same. Maybe he means real close, don't bother standing back, it won't save you.

I have to assume that anyone left supporting the Reds is simply trolling.

This is pure anarchism, not non violent protesting.

You can continue blaming it on the minority but if the leaders had any decency they would walk away and strongly condemn what is happening. Its clear that they openly support this violence.

The Reds have some points to make but its clear that their leaders are power hungry. Abhisit on the other hand has improved in my mind as he has been completely restrained through all of this.

It's taken you 8 weeks to work out that the red leaders are power hungry?

The yellow shirts and especially their leaders committed acts of terrorism, by leading their followers to take over a government building and hold it hostage for nearly a year,

It is nearly a year now that the yellows did these things? Wow. The further away an event is, the further distorted is the truth...

It's where it all started. So it is relevant.

I didn't look since I don't need convincing but you can see a number of videos of reds with assault rifles if you go back a couple pages in this thread or if you watch Thai TV. In addition to assault rifles you will see grenade launchers as well as molotov cocktails (which if hit with one, you would wish you were shot) as well as spears and slingshots which certainly can also be a deadly weapon. But "IF" you are insinuating they got rid of their weapons from the 10th then I beg differ just out of common sense.

I'm just interested to know if they are using the weapons that they allegedly have. I'm well aware that they took weapons before and then returned them, as I understand it the army claim that allegedly they didn't get them all back. It has to be said that there seems to be little evidence that they're using them. I totally concur with what you said about the molotov cocktails etc.

Here's a couple of examples of them using them.

Obviously you can't understand my post. I was talking about "the message" as a combination of a photo and a headline. I've provided the links and the screen shots but as I've told you are probably such a sad person that you try to imply that I was implying things. I was implying nothing more from what I've written.

You are not being very honest here since this is your original message which clearly shows you are implying (stating) something and I simply have asked you for the links to the actual article which you don't want to provide but that is okay .. we both have our own opinions.

YOUR WORDS ...

Let me say first that what I want to point with this post is only how the international media report the situation. I attach here 4 screen shots from BBC, Al Jazeera, CNN and Channel News Asia. All of them have the same title more or less: "Thai protesters defy evacuation deadline". The important think is the photos that are using for this articles. There is no photo of violence, 2 of them have kids, one is showing a peaceful group of people and another the dead military leader of the Reds (but not in a violent photo). The one conclusion is that the Thai government has lost for the time being the "media game". And it will need some very convincing arguments to change the mindset of the media. Is it important? No for the situation in Thailand but it is important for the credibility of the government at the international level. Very difficult days in front of Abhisit!

Should also be noted that one of the sources you mentioned was CNN but here is the link to where both the below pictures appear at the top of the page and neither shows kids frolicking in a peaceful protest area ... http://edition.cnn.com/

t1main.protest.fire.gi.jpg

c1main.catapult.afp.gi.jpg

The yellow shirts and especially their leaders committed acts of terrorism, by leading their followers to take over a government building and hold it hostage for nearly a year,

It is nearly a year now that the yellows did these things? Wow. The further away an event is, the further distorted is the truth...

I am talking about the fact that they did not take a building 'hostage' [sic] for nearly a year...

26 Aug - 2 Dec = 3 months and 1 week.

In Red Shirt eyes = nearly 1 year.

J.H.C I am tired of this BS...

Edited by TAWP

Let me say first that what I want to point with this post is only how the international media report the situation. I attach here 4 screen shots from BBC, Al Jazeera, CNN and Channel News Asia. All of them have the same title more or less: "Thai protesters defy evacuation deadline". The important think is the photos that are using for this articles. There is no photo of violence, 2 of them have kids, one is showing a peaceful group of people and another the dead military leader of the Reds (but not in a violent photo). The one conclusion is that the Thai government has lost for the time being the "media game". And it will need some very convincing arguments to change the mindset of the media. Is it important? No for the situation in Thailand but it is important for the credibility of the government at the international level. Very difficult days in front of Abhisit!

Abisit & the Govt need to hire the high powered PR firms that Thaksin has hired to turn out the sound bites suitable for western audiences and usable by CNN, BBC etc. I know they shouldn't have to do this but it's time to recognize that there is a media war being raged against the Govt somewhat orchestrated by ...... guess who & his money.

Just one rhetoric question; can you see beyond these two persons? Anhisit and Thaksin? You are talking here for reporters that have years of experience and you thing that they play the game of Thaksin or Abhisit? I know the international reporters; the majority of them are people looking after the truth. I am sorry for my expression but they don't give a s..... about Thaksin or Abhisit. It might happens with the Thai media but with the international ones your reasoning is not valid.

Well I don't really care about Abisit either. He's simply the PM and leader of the Govt and theoretical "man in charge" on the Govt side and I suppose that's why many people use "Abisit" when they just as easily could use "Government".

But on the other hand I am concerned about Thaksin and those crackerjack international reporters should be also if they want to find the "truth" and I believe those journalists who have been living here understand this.

YES by any dictionaries definition THEY ARE TERRORISTS. You are the one altering the truth. No country in the world differentiates between waving machine guns at people and using them. THEY HAVE MACHINE GUNS and bombs and grenades and lots of other weapons. They are terrorists. As soon as you have an armed mob any country in the world would use force of equal weaponry to remove them and bring safety back to the city. What are you thinking?

I agree with your statement.

I simply dont accept that they there is anything equal about an ill-equipped mob and a trained and highly armed professional army.

Thailand spends US$5bn a year on 300,000 military personel - if they cant handle these few protesters they might as well be disbanded. Lets hope they dont end up running the country.

I agree with your statement.

I simply dont accept that they there is anything equal about an ill-equipped mob and a trained and highly armed professional army.

Thailand spends US$5bn a year on 300,000 military personel - if they cant handle these few protesters they might as well be disbanded. Lets hope they dont end up running the country.

I always knew they should have bought that Zeppelin toy Airship:

1010100449p.jpg

as not having them

They don't need machine guns - they have M79 grenade launchers! Terrorists!

Don't have machine guns? repeat that after watching this

red shirt weapons

Edited by VictorMeldrewBKK

They are not arresting anyone that leaves peacefully. They are giving them a free ride home.

The ones they catch being violent (attacking the army) are being put away if they are caught.

and i suppose the nearly 300 dead and hurting means nothing to you?

for those of you have been advocating a violent solution, events didnt quite follow your plan, did they?

you were hoping for a clinical, surgical strike on ratchaP that would leave only Reds with spears in their hands dead. in your silly fantasy land, no innocents would suffer.

and certainly you never DREAMED that instead of waiting for annhiliation that Thaksin would outsmart you, and attack first. which is is exaclty what he did in Din Daeng, Ratchaprop, Victory and most importantly Bon Kai/sathorn/klong toei.

the proponents of invading Ratchap werent just flat out wrong about innocents being spared. your entire strategy has been proven to upended.

Face it, Thaksin outsmarted you.

The proper strategy was and remains a general amensty, followed by elections, followed by a government seen as legitmate to all thais. if bush could bring in the sunni tribes, so can abhisit bring in the Reds.

You are not being very honest here since this is your original message which clearly shows you are implying (stating) something and I simply have asked you for the links to the actual article which you don't want to provide but that is okay .. we both have our own opinions.

The sites change their pictures and coverage very often; what I posted was the messages after the deadline passed. Just to say that I will not continue this because I have no interest to educate you and no interest to follow the reds-yellows arguments (or better nonsenses). I do not have also any need to prove my testosterone levels in an internet forum by "wining" another member. I am just sorry for you.

There are videos and pictures of them using these weapons but you also have to keep in mind that reporters are not tagging along with reds w/rocket launchers as they feel safe with being w/armed soldiers. Also keep in mind that the reds are starting to wake up to the fact that their will be consequences for their actions and they are not going to seize power. So, these armed members of the illegal red mob are doing their best to keep out of site with their most deadly weapons or when they are using them against troops or for that matter possible reporters and folks illegally wandering into the restricted areas and outside them since the reds keep moving where they are causing chaos and setting fires.

I am talking about the fact that they did not take a building 'hostage' [sic] for nearly a year...

And the government sent a very clear message by not bringing the yellow shirts to justice. The message is basically, you can take over the government house and hold the country hostage for 8 months, and take the international airports hostage, and get away with it. All you need to do is post bail and you'll be free in 30 minutes. You can do everything you want and you won't have to worry about being arrested or put in jail.

Obviously,the red shirts got the message, so they set-up stage at Rajprasong and that's where we're at now.

Sorry, you'll have to click to see this photo from LIFE mag. Are they using weapons? you tell me.

http://www.life.com/image/99594324/in-gall...ror-in-thailand

as not having them

They don't need machine guns - they have M79 grenade launchers! Terrorists!

Don't have machine guns? repeat that after watching this

red shirt weapons

This is about the 10th time you're posting the same link in this one single thread.

The sites change their pictures and coverage very often; what I posted was the messages after the deadline passed. Just to say that I will not continue this because I have no interest to educate you and no interest to follow the reds-yellows arguments (or better nonsenses). I do not have also any need to prove my testosterone levels in an internet forum by "wining" another member. I am just sorry for you.

No need to get your panties all in a bunch or react like a drama queen and I certainly don't need your sorrow. And your response answers the reason why I repeatedly asked you for links to the story to verify your claims of the media possibly being against Abhisit. Pictures may change but the articles stay there and usually so do the pictures if they are part of the article.

Edited by jcbangkok

Thaksin is doing everything that Abhisit should have done. He's missed every opportunity so far. Thaksin pulled the poor and less fortunate Thais over and is combining the 2 causes, his own and the call for equal justice and opportunity. Abhisit didn't listen to them, he missed the opportunity. Now the media, Abhisit again missed the ball. All the government is doing is trying to push the media away from covering what's really happening, saying they're photoshopping or showing edited videos, telling them to leave as they're under sniper fire, etc. These reporters have worked in far worse situations, many of them in Iraq and Afghanistan, and they know especially that when someone tells them to leave, that something interesting will be happening, so instead of leaving they will dig in and wait.

Right or wrong, Thaksin is outplaying Abhisit and is forcing him to play the cards that Thaksin wants.

I thought this all wasn't about thaksin?

What does he have to do with it?

He is the root cause of all this bloodshed

Too bad reds backers are too brainwashed to

see they are being led to the slaughter house

by a person that is using them for his personal gain

and will not blink an eye at the loses.

If you really believe he wants peace, you are too

are brainwashed

for nearly a year...

And the government sent a very clear message by not bringing the yellow shirts to justice. The message is basically, you can take over the government house and hold the country hostage for 8 months, and take the international airports hostage, and get away with it. All you need to do is post bail and you'll be free in 30 minutes. You can do everything you want and you won't have to worry about being arrested or put in jail.

Obviously,the red shirts got the message, so they set-up stage at Rajprasong and that's where we're at now.

First of, the government does not prosecute anyone. It is called 'separation of power'.

Secondly, 4 and 5th of October, leaders PAD leaders Chaiwat Sinsuwongse and Chamlong Srimuang were arrested. 9 of October the rest of the leaders go to the police and are arrested and later released on bail.

This while the Red Shirt leaders promise to turn themselves in but then does not.

And no response to your LIES that the occupation was nearly 1 year when infact it was just above 3 months?