More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

To have sharpshooters taking head shots at people presenting them no direct threat or actual bodily harm is simply escalating this and not solving it.

From your keyboard, how are you possibly able to ascertain that the soldiers are under no direct threat?

Look at Sa Daeng he was no threat he was being interviewed not armed no threat at all

OK. So show me proof he was shot by a soldier, and when you can't, find another example to try and prove your point.

Who else would shoot him

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To have sharpshooters taking head shots at people presenting them no direct threat or actual bodily harm is simply escalating this and not solving it.

From your keyboard, how are you possibly able to ascertain that the soldiers are under no direct threat?

Look at Sa Daeng he was no threat he was being interviewed not armed no threat at all

lol Seh Deang no threat at all :) not anymore!

Can't we organize a group-tour? I mean, surely the armchair warriors above that know the soldiers are under no threat know how the situation is here since they live here, so we would be able to meet up if we assign a spot?

That is what is thought will happen. The Red/Black shirts will "sacrifice" some of the women and children at the Wat and of course, the blame will go on the government. Really, these poor people have been set up from the beginning. Today, they have been told they can leave, but yada yada yada (interpretation: fight on for democracy, we are all in this together and more yada yada yada - no translation needed).

I suspect when we actually do get back to democracy, most people will no longer want the PTP or the Democrats, and certainly not the PAD party. Newin will walk away with the next election easily. He is the middle of the road candidate. Easily.

Let's hope the Red Cross really press on them to get out of there. If the parents insist on staying its truly being irresponsible off the charts.

however if he is throwing stones molotov cocktails, slingshots you CANNOT JUSTIFY murdering them plain and simple.

let's see...

state of emergency declared.

ongoing rioting.

live fire zone.

protesters behind barricades.

soldiers behind barricades.

protester approaches soldiers, attempts to throw petrol bomb.

what do you suggest would be the proper course of action for the soldier(s) on the receiving end of that throw?

video: red shirt protester shot in foot as he tries to set truck on fire.

This goes in the face of reports that snipers firing only to kill.

Great shot and then he was allowed to hobble away.

http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-444833

Edited by VictorMeldrewBKK

This fiasco finally put the international community on the line, some have come out openly support Thaksin (Monte Negro, Dubai, Cambodia, etc) while some are walking the fence. UN leader Ban called for more talk, but is he really 'in the know', does he have all the facts? We sure don't.

Is it possible that the majority of the world actually back Thaksin? Or are they just responding to the media's question with standard 'let's have a talk' response. the government have tried to negotiate, with the last "road map" being the most promising, and acceptable. The Reds then drag their feet before responding with their some what outrageous demand which guaranteed total break down.

Having an election in November isn't too long to wait, unless you're not confident that you would win.

What's wrong with having a set of rules that every one agrees to? Why are the UDD leaders so adamant in having a fast election? Scared to lose?

I'm sure that all of us ,Thai, were confident that the mess would have finished when the two side talked a couple of months ago. But both were not being flexible.

Now the words on the street is that the Shinawatra family have left the country, Gen Chavalit and co have also left. What does that mean for the Red protestors? Their supposed 'leading figures' have apparently left them out to dry, how can they still follow these people. Thaksin might not be the leader of the UDD, but he's definitely the heart and soul of the group, with his phone in and all.

A question I want to ask the international community is, how can you let a wanted fugitive enter your country? Mr. Thaksin has been found guilty and yet he's entering and leaving various countries like a freeman. He's not even using fake IDs, people. If this is because they view him as the legitimate leader of Thailand then just come out and say it, don't ignore it.

What tripe! Montenegro told Thaksin to shut up on the4ir territory.

He is seen as an embarrasement even there.

the rest of what he saysis true though;

i wonder thai gov cant pay montenegro to jail him for extradition back thailand, money is obviously what can get you what you want there , or better still meet with an unfortunate accident

Edited by mccw

What is the purpose of live rounds?

Who shot? Who ordered the use of live rounds? Who is dead?

I think the case is pretty clear.

Maybe you are right. Maybe it is OK to let armed insurgents come into the capital and take it over. What country do you come from anyway? I am sure a lot of people would like to know where it is OK to take over 2 sq. miles of the downtown sector of a country's capital city.

You can't be from the country where I come from, because this would have lasted 48 hours and would be over. In fact, in some countries just 2 hours. But, I guess, where you come from it is OK. So where is it again?

That is what is thought will happen. The Red/Black shirts will "sacrifice" some of the women and children at the Wat and of course, the blame will go on the government. Really, these poor people have been set up from the beginning. Today, they have been told they can leave, but yada yada yada (interpretation: fight on for democracy, we are all in this together and more yada yada yada - no translation needed).

I suspect when we actually do get back to democracy, most people will no longer want the PTP or the Democrats, and certainly not the PAD party. Newin will walk away with the next election easily. He is the middle of the road candidate. Easily.

Newin has been banned from politics for 5 years. Not that you would have noticed.

He is in a very good position though with his crew. If Abhisit handles things badly he can bring him down. And if Abhisit handles things well so that hardline Reds are marginalised then he will be seen to be sensible in backing him.

deleted --- post didn't make it through the server

I am STILL amazed that the reds themselves can do no wrong in the eyes of so many. It doesn't matter that their leaders publicly call for violence. that their leaders declare war on the government. That they are armed. that they contain or have been infiltrated by terrorists. ......

Some people are just red to the core --- it doesn't matter to them how much damage the reds do to Thailand.

And you can include the so-called IMPARTIAL BBC in that. I am sick to the back teeth and their unashamed bias in all their reports on the troubles from day 1. What is it with their fixation of painting grenade throwing provocateurs with the 'poor Oliver Twist' brush?

Latest report is how the army are firing live rounds at the poor innocent people...erm they are attacking soldiers and burning the city down you absolute brainless gonks!

Taksin was slung out, does that count for nothing to the BBC. Oh, of course, i forgot, this has nothing to do wth him at all . As for those suggessting their impartiality, absolutely not in this case. Typical example was their reporting of the shooting of Seh Deng and how he was their security expert - nothing about his previous threats or actions - yes, really unbiased reporting. And of course the only weapos they have are firecrackers.....Sheeeesh!!

BBC, YOU SUCK!

Good on ya BBC

They are reporting the TRUTH as it is happening and the army can be clearly seen firing into the reds indiscriminatly

BBC is doing a great job so is CNN

This is why they never report that some are armed ? This is why they never report on grenade attacks? Or stealing guns from troops? Looting ? Sure, whatever you say. Can you explain why these things seem to pass the BBC by? Great job my backside!

What is the purpose of live rounds? Who shot? Who ordered the use of live rounds? Who is dead? I think the case is pretty clear.

live rounds are for soldiers to protect themselves.

rules of engagement.

10yo boy who should not have been there, possibly the (allegedly drunk) van driver.

yes, it's clear. you drive a vehicle at high speed toward a military checkpoint,

in a restricted area during a violent confrontation, refuse orders to stop, ignore

warning shots, unpleasant things happen. clearly.

Maybe you are right. Maybe it is OK to let armed insurgents come into the capital and take it over. What country do you come from anyway? I am sure a lot of people would like to know where it is OK to take over 2 sq. miles of the downtown sector of a country's capital city.

You can't be from the country where I come from, because this would have lasted 48 hours and would be over. In fact, in some countries just 2 hours. But, I guess, where you come from it is OK. So where is it again?

HMmmmm just like the airport situation 2 years ago with the yellows

OK. So show me proof he was shot by a soldier, and when you can't, find another example to try and prove your point.

Who else would shoot him

That's your proof?!!!!

Shows how badly informed you are that you think his only enemy was the army.

From the window of my apartment on Mahadlekluan 2 I have just seen 7 strange floating bags coming down from the sky. One landed on our soi and a security guard picked it up. They look like laundry bags. One still floating in the sky looked like it had smoke coming out the bottom of it. Strange.

I agree. In the country where I come from, the clear out of a major city's airport wouldn't have lasted one day. Some things you just don't allow. You just have to do what you have to do. This government is. The one in place during the airport takeover didn't, but should have.

There have been a few suggestion that armoured vehicles should be used. Consider this; tanks are equipped with a main gun (more or less light artillery) which fires an explosive round which makes a M-79 look like a kiddies toy. Both tanks and many APCs also carry quite heavy machine-guns.

Tomas' wall was pierced by a rifle bullet. Heavy calibre machine-guns will do a he-ll of a lot worse. Like Tomas, there are other residents still in their homes.

Neither the residents or the gov't want to see the start of wholesale slaughter, so leave the armour in the bases until it is time for an assault on the barriers.

In these situations, an approaching tank is a more of a psychological weapon (it scares the crap out of people), you don't actually have to start using the main gun.

A suggestion to anyone near the combat zone. Draw your curtains on the side nearest the fighting and if possible, hang blankets over the windows. It might sound silly, but a hanging heavy cloth can absorb most or all the KE of a bullet.

This is latest tweet from BBC journo Alastair Leithead looks like the army haven't finished shooting paramedics yet.

this cannot be from a responsible journalist.

Who said Leithead was a responsible journalist?

Alistair lightweight more like

i just see on thai tv pbs that many people protester have called the evacuation line and want to go home, arrangements currently being made, in mean time they are moving to the temple.

From the window of my apartment on Mahadlekluan 2 I have just seen 7 strange floating bags coming down from the sky. One landed on our soi and a security guard picked it up. They look like laundry bags. One still floating in the sky looked like it had smoke coming out the bottom of it. Strange.

Chinese lanterns?

There have been a few suggestion that armoured vehicles should be used. Consider this; tanks are equipped with a main gun (more or less light artillery) which fires an explosive round which makes a M-79 look like a kiddies toy. Both tanks and many APCs also carry quite heavy machine-guns.

Tomas' wall was pierced by a rifle bullet. Heavy calibre machine-guns will do a he-ll of a lot worse. Like Tomas, there are other residents still in their homes.

Neither the residents or the gov't want to see the start of wholesale slaughter, so leave the armour in the bases until it is time for an assault on the barriers.

In these situations, an approaching tank is a more of a psychological weapon (it scares the crap out of people), you don't actually have to start using the main gun.

A suggestion to anyone near the combat zone. Draw your curtains on the side nearest the fighting and if possible, hang blankets over the windows. It might sound silly, but a hanging heavy cloth can absorb most or all the KE of a bullet.

But I am sure if they bring them out the trigger happy military wont be able to control themselves they will have to let loose with the big guns like they are doing with the rifles

Who else would shoot him

That's your proof?!!!!

Shows how badly informed you are that you think his only enemy was the army.

I see you are still missing the point rixalex.......

It is the perception of who shot him that fuels emotions.......

Fact is not always the instigator.......and since his shooting it appears the violence has increased and spread somewhat

So proof is not required - the resulting additional violence is either connected to the shooting, or to the increased government actions.....which is it to be??

That wouldn't fly either pardon the pun. So why is this ok to you since you obviously have a problem with the airport but somehow taking over a whole city is ok??

video: red shirt protester shot in foot as he tries to set truck on fire. This goes in the face of reports that snipers firing only to kill. Great shot and then he was allowed to hobble away.

nice non-lethal shot. if you have time.

also good thinking, wouldn't want to shoot the gas tank.

the situation is very different if someone is rushing towards you,

and you have a very few seconds to act.

this is not hollywood. in real life the lone ranger doesn't shoot the gun out of the bad guy's hand.

in real life he shoots center mass of whatever is threatening him.

There are more than a few people trapped in their houses and that's very good advice you're giving them.

From Alastair Leithead:

# Moved on Rama4 behind protesters. High velocity rounds incoming. Some injured. Ambulance shot at. Burning tyre rolled, live rounds followed 22 minutes ago via TweetDeck

# Two ambulances seen arriving and leaving with flashing lights from protest side. Still behind army on R4 still firing M16s. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# @kjohn @RichardBarrow The protest area is very big - water/tyres seen moving around inside to barricades etc. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# Filming M16 with live rounds being fired at people on Rama 4.Firing right now in direction of unarmed protesters lighting tyres & f/works. about 1 hour ago via TweetDeck

# At Rama 4 behind with mil. Very tense/quiet. Army spotting anyone moving and targeting them with M16/shotgun. Earlier incoming reported about 2 hours ago via TweetDeck

---

:)

Most of the people here,even in this forum, are adversely affected by this situation. I have been told I have to turn up to work tomorrow even though the ONLY way I could possibily get there now is to walk the 10+km to the school AND in that walk I have to pass the areas that are currently closed and where there is fighting going on. As a result of this whole situation my medical insurance AND my life insurance are NOT VALID and as such if I was injured I would have a bill. My Embassy is not interested if I go into areas that are unsafe.In fact they are not interested anyway (the idea being I chose to stay here so it is my responsibility to look after myself). So what do all the experts propose I do? Cant live if I cant earn an income and cant leave right now as transport routes are unsafe....Next????

I am no expert but...

All schools in Bangkok delayed start of term to Monday 27th. Stay at home. Be safe.

outdated since one week. The schools will open Tuesday June 1.

The whole point about tanks is not the main gun. The fact is that they are track laying vehicles and would not notice the barricades. I don't know if armoured bulldozers are available.

lanterns?