More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

I bet a large majority of this forums reds supporters have been brain washed by their lovely thai wife or girlfriends and they are to scared to stand up to them. :D

Strange part is that anybody who's against violence is a RED now... :D

Don't know who's brainwashing those American soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan though...

here we go - the red front fighting back :) with the usual BS - everybody here who is against the reds would absolutel love to see them packing up their <deleted> and getting on the buses provided to head home - we do not enjoy having the city held hostage, we do not enjoy having our businesses screwed up by you we do not enjoy being held at ransom by a violent mob - GO HOME AND YOU WONT' GET SHOT how much simpler can it be ???????????

I would love to see what those "we" are actually doing other thn crapping on their keyboards... :D

--------------------------------------------------------------

considering your "highly intelligent response" something different to what you do - have another pill

Edited by BKjohn

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone kows more about this?:

Just posted on another TV thread....

Red Shirt Leaders Willing to Negotiate Cease Fire

Nuthawut Saikua has announced that the red shirt leaders are now willing to negotiate a ceasefire with the government without any further conditions.

The DAAD has earlier demanded that an international organization mediate the peace talks, but after a strong refusal from the government, the red shirt leaders are now willing to talk under any and all circumstances.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-05-17

footer_n.gif

I think it would be more apt to say "Red Shirt Leaders Willing to Negotiate Surrender". They know what is coming.

Nathawut, how can you look the families of those you sacrificed in the eyes and say this was worth dying for?

To late to negotiate they had every chance ,It may have something to do with an imminent crackdown and also the piggy banks are becoming empty.

Piggy banks are full, just no longer accessible

So we've changed from "innocent peaceful protesters" to "civilians". When you take off your red shirt, you're no longer a redshirt even while you are attacking soldiers. And given the incredibly low number of people killed, it is obvious that the army is not wantonly killing, ask the guy with the hole in his foot.

I must be dreaming . Have you ever heard of protest frequently turning violent anywhere in the word .

This is a protest not a tea party ..

The reds , right or wrong , have a deep sense of injustice done to them , like a majority of

Isaan ppl . I can understand that ... They have been robbed of their vote in Sept 2006

I would put the blame for non lethal violence , blockade , tear gas and so on more on the reds

They should had negociated then pulled back after the PM announced his roadmap

However i put the blame for civilian deaths squarely on the governement .

The army use live bullets ... Those are not accidental deaths

I have never heard of protesters shooting RPGs at a hotel occupied by civilians. I have heard of Osama's people doing this.

Either your position is untenable or you yourself are a terrorist. Can you offer an alternative?

Edited by rabo

I simply asked a question and am still waiting for an answer. Your answer appears to state these are poor citizens who live in the poor area but I have yet to see anyone else suggest this with any kind of proof.

you got your answer.

it just isnt consistent with your keyboard fantasy land to hear and acknowledge it.

completely innocent people die and are terrorized in REAL urban combat, even if that doesnt happen in the vivid world of fantasy between your ears.

that ten year old boy bled out because of people who think like you.

Don't know who's brainwashing those American soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan though...

here we go - the red front fighting back :) with the usual BS - everybody here who is against the reds would absolutel love to see them packing up their <deleted> and getting on the buses provided to head home - we do not enjoy having the city held hostage, we do not enjoy having our businesses screwed up by you we do not enjoy being held at ransom by a violent mob - GO HOME AND YOU WONT' GET SHOT how much simpler can it be ???????????

I would love to see what those "we" are actually doing other thn crapping on their keyboards... :D

considering your "highly intelligent response" something different to what you do - have another pill

and you stay inside ur cell in the mental hospital... its scary outside...

secondly... I don't need a certificate of intelligence from a washed up 60 year old living on his retirement fund... :D

QUOTE (dkaiark @ 2010-05-17 10:00:04)

I have heard that the highway between the Airport and Pattaya has now been blocked by Red Shirts using 300 trucks, there is also report that the port of Rayong has been taken over as well.

Other reports are of uprisings in the NE, with many 1,000's descending on Bangkok in large convoys of pickups. Plus reports that they are blocking more and more roads to Bangkok.

Can anyone corroborate any of these reports.

This is getting really serious.

IS THIS TRUE?

I see that the reds are unarmed as their leaders continually state.

post-6428-1274059206_thumb.jpg

post-6428-1274059224_thumb.jpg

I too wonder why CNN and BBC refuse to show this side as well.

These pistols are for shooting rats on the farm wont be accurate after 20 mtrs. I have been waiting 4 days for somebody to show me a link to reds with M16s.

Is this close enough to an M-16 for you. It certainly wasn't 'captured' from the military.

post-102528-1274077637_thumb.jpg

post-102528-1274077778_thumb.jpg

Edited by rametindallas

To late to negotiate they had every chance ,It may have something to do with an imminent crackdown and also the piggy banks are becoming empty.

It is never too late to negotiate.

After all they can negotiate whether they get a sleeping place in their cell in the middle of it or against a wall. I see few other options

Negotiating time is over - there can only be unconditional surrender by the reds - there leaders have to walk out of the compound and be arrested and all reds must disarm and leave without delay

If the government gives in, this whole <deleted> will start over again because once the army has stood down, the conditions of the reds will come out again - this <deleted> has to come to an end - they have proven themselves to be totally untrustworthy

Edited by BKjohn

BBC reporting now much more balanced.

Sean Boonpracond speaking for the reds admitted some of the reds are armed.

He also failed to answer BBC question "why don't you just leave"?

He also claimed most foreigners supported the reds. (Well I for one do not)

Video of young Thai thugs building piles of tyres for burning. Are these people on Yaba or what?

Sean's been having a hard time answering a few questions lately. When foreign correspondents call him out and press for answers on some critical questions, his response has been to smirk and try to talk around the subject.

I have heard that the highway between the Airport and Pattaya has now been blocked by Red Shirts using 300 trucks, there is also report that the port of Rayong has been taken over as well.

Other reports are of uprisings in the NE, with many 1,000's descending on Bangkok in large convoys of pickups. Plus reports that they are blocking more and more roads to Bangkok.

Do you mind sharing where you 'heard' these reports?

I would consider this mere fear-mongering unless the poster, DKIARK, can come up with some credible sources.... :)

After the last announcement by the Gov't...anyone left in the Rachaprasong area and the other areas the Gov't has outlined after 3pm should be held responsible for thier actions, detained, tried, and sentenced accordingly. Those with who remain with their children should have their sentences multiplied by the number of minors who cannot be charged as they should also be responsible for endangering their innocent kids. Would this be possible?

Then why have the red shirts expanded their barricades into these areas?

its good question as to why the uprising of bangkok neighborhoods is occuring.

unfortunately i asked that question only once in bon kai. the answer came back in english: "we hate thai army." this from a young man crouching in his doorway half a block away from detonating grenades, so its a bit much to expect his answer was a considered one.and of course i have no idea if he speaks for others.

from the higher level point of view of the red strategy and tactics, the critical position of bon kai as a conduit for supplies is clear and i have posted on this earlier.

Is it uprising of Bangkok neighborhoods, or is it people trying to go about their normal daily lives? Work out which one.

Was this young man crouching in "his" doorway, or someone elses doorway?

Video of young Thai thugs building piles of tyres for burning. Are these people on Yaba or what?

Repeated polling here at Thaivisa.com over years now definitely shows that the VAST MAJORITY of foreigners in Thailand do NOT support the red shirt/Thaksin movement. The vast majority DO support social reforms of many kinds here but that is NOT the same thing as supporting the red shirt violent insurgency make Thaksin dictator movement.

As another poster stated, if the red insurgents and their more innocent fellow travelers want to avoid violence, just walk away. At this point because of the war that they declared and started, they may have to wave a white flag, but that is their fault.

Edited by Jingthing

I simply asked a question and am still waiting for an answer. Your answer appears to state these are poor citizens who live in the poor area but I have yet to see anyone else suggest this with any kind of proof.

you got your answer.

it just isnt consistent with your keyboard fantasy land to hear and acknowledge it.

completely innocent people die and are terrorized in REAL urban combat, even if that doesnt happen in the vivid world of fantasy between your ears.

I can't imagine what urban warfare is like. But I also know that 10 year old died because Thaksin wants to teach a lesson to those that threw him out. Maybe you mean people that think like Thaksin

you got your answer.

So, it would appear that all those who regretfully have lost their lives in this conflict were breaking the law (minus soldiers) by at least at minimum being in an area declared unlawful to be within ... at least that is what you are saying since nobody has shown any different.

You can illogically comprehend my question as you wish but i simply wanted to know if any non-law breakers had been killed.

Edited by jcbangkok

What those red supporters here do not seem to realize, they are not posting to some Issan farmers or a bunch of crooks and their simple lies, false statements, at time delusional comments excusing the reds behavior shows very clearly where they are coming from. Add to this the extraordinary lies and calls to fight from their leaders, as well as the armed attacks at soldiers and infrastructure, looting etc.. and it becomes very clear that they are a very dangerous, terrorist mob which has to be dealt with quickly and with severity

It also becomes clear that their top leader, Thaksin will pose a threat to the country as long as he is free or alive

I bet a large majority of this forums reds supporters have been brain washed by their lovely thai wife or girlfriends and they are to scared to stand up to them. :D

here we go - the red front fighting back :) with the usual BS - everybody here who is against the reds would absolutely love to see them packing up their <deleted> and getting on the buses provided to head home - we do not enjoy having the city held hostage, we do not enjoy having our businesses screwed up by you we do not enjoy being held at ransom by a violent mob - GO HOME AND YOU WONT' GET SHOT how much simpler can it be ???????????

The message is exactly the same for Abhisit, pack up and go home (to England) you were not elected by the Thai people and were placed in power due to a military coup.

Is this close enough to an M-16 for you. It certainly wasn't 'captured' from the military.

actually this weapon is not an M-16. Its an AK-47 which is not standard issue in the thai military.

So it wasnt captured from the Thai army.

Its the first evidence ive seen if weaponry that is being supplied from outside thailand, and thus could be a horrifying harbinger of things to come.

anybody know what is going on here??

Does anyone have the link to the picture of the poor 10 year old boy before he was killed? I believe it was George who posted the link yesterday that showed him waving a red flag. I don't see it when I go through his posts now and wondering if that indicates it was a different kid.

Do you mind sharing where you 'heard' these reports?

I would consider this mere fear-mongering unless the poster, DKIARK, can come up with some credible sources.... :)

I'm hoping it is total fiction as if true it would drastically change the complexion of things and have many reconsidering options. As of now, being outside of Bangkok is a reasonably comfortable scenario. Please advise if the statements above can be confirmed accurately or be deemed as fictional.

its good question as to why the uprising of bangkok neighborhoods is occuring.

unfortunately i asked that question only once in bon kai. the answer came back in english: "we hate thai army." this from a young man crouching in his doorway half a block away from detonating grenades, so its a bit much to expect his answer was a considered one.and of course i have no idea if he speaks for others.

from the higher level point of view of the red strategy and tactics, the critical position of bon kai as a conduit for supplies is clear and i have posted on this earlier.

i have heard similar from a variety of people. Even those saying "I dont like Thaksin, but why is Abhisit killing Thai people?" If you watch the general brainwashing going on from all sides, it is easy to see why most of the responses are pretty simplistic...I speak a fair bit of Thai, yet when Abhisit starts speaking on tv, I cannot follow much of what he is saying, yet last night sitting in a taxi listening to the red leader speak to the masses on the radio, it was like listening someone speak to a kid, and all of it just pure hate speech: "Abhisit bad, Abhisit kill people, Abhisit rich, he can go shopping in Paragon and fly to Hua Hin for lunch while poor cannot afford a pair of underpants!" And on and on and on.....and then as someone else told me, "there may be some more moderate, educated reds out there who do support a movement of change, but the entire Red endeavor is funded by Toxin and thus they have to listen to him." Truly all pathetic and sad.

and you stay inside ur cell in the mental hospital... its scary outside...

secondly... I don't need a certificate of intelligence from a washed up 60 year old living on his retirement fund... :D

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for confirming my statement - first you do not know me and I'm not 60 nor as you put it washed up - blunt untrue statement of a red muppet - as to the mental hospital - I'm not your cell neighbor if you mistakenly think so

The term intelligence in any of the red supporters cases here would be an oxymoron considering their futile attempts at excusing a criminal mob from their actions

Enough now, I won't respond to any more of your rubbish - its not worth it

Absolutely one of the most ignorant things somebody can try to claim is that the red mob people fighting the army are not armed.

I'd like to see evidence. All I see are stone throwers and slingshots.

Thanks in advance.

post-105662-1274070202_thumb.jpg

Need more? just Google images red shirts weapons armed etc see for yourself

MANIPULATION: just the weapons collected in the aftermaith of 10th April and given back to Army/Police.

Oh, Jerry, why do you change the side? May 68 in France I was street-fighter with Daniel Cohn-Bendit (now leader of the Green group in the European Parliament) in Paris. You was mediator (when I believe your posting in another topic) for the other side. There was violence of both sides (old toxic teargas from Vietnam with chlorine, CRS troops got crazy, other police troops needed to calms them down---anarchist groups fought back.). The mediations were successful, you did a good job). But your "mediation" here is the work of an old man who lost the sense for reality.

So we've changed from "innocent peaceful protesters" to "civilians". When you take off your red shirt, you're no longer a redshirt even while you are attacking soldiers. And given the incredibly low number of people killed, it is obvious that the army is not wantonly killing, ask the guy with the hole in his foot.

I must be dreaming . Have you ever heard of protest frequently turning violent anywhere in the word .

This is a protest not a tea party ..

The reds , right or wrong , have a deep sense of injustice done to them , like a majority of

Isaan ppl . I can understand that ... They have been robbed of their vote in Sept 2006

I would put the blame for non lethal violence , blockade , tear gas and so on more on the reds

They should had negociated then pulled back after the PM announced his roadmap

However i put the blame for civilian deaths squarely on the governement .

The army use live bullets ... Those are not accidental deaths

I have never heard of protesters shooting RPGs at a hotel occupied by civilians. I have heard of Osama's people doing this.

Either your position is untenable or you yourself are a terrorist. Can you offer an alternative?

Yes according to PAD. You must be one of their avid reader :)

Why would the red shirts shoot an RPG at an hotel ?

The shooting of journalists , reporters and foreigners is a government specialty

check the facts

If the red had RPGs they would retaliate against those shooting them

not against an hotel populated by farangs .

Not Yaba, but democracy - freedom - injustice tablets I think.

Actually there is an important point here.

There are relatively few people involved in this whole mess. However there is a big propaganda war going on for the minds of Thais and international opinion.

A week ago Abhisit had won it. He had offered a compromise that I believe virtually everyone on this Board believes should have been accepted. I also believe he elicited international support for the way he handled the protests.

However the military crackdown is beginning to change things. The international press is turning against 'him' and/or the 'military'. Grass root support for the protesters is beginning to emerge from Klontoey etc. I am admittedly rather anti the military and their intentions. I am not really a Democrat but I fully respect the way Abhisit has handled the matter. Those die hard anti-Reds should realize that being too hard line will be counter productive in the medium term.

So, it would appear that all those who regretfully have lost their lives in this conflict were breaking the law (minus soldiers) by at least at minimum being in an area declared unlawful to be within ... at least that is what you are saying since nobody has shown any different.

You can illogically as as you wish but i simply wanted to know if any non-law breakers had been killed.

by suggesting that a tens of thousands of impoverished citizens who live in bangkok conflict zones are somehow at fault for not abandoning their homes, you are making a shining fool of yourself.

which, from the ease at which you are doing it, suggests patient practice.

do keep it up.