More Bloodshed In Bangkok As Red Siege Continues

webfact

And yes I think a Ten year old has the capacity for rational thought,

just they still get caught in their emotions too much.

Can a ten year old follow direct orders. Yes, most of them.

Best example, 10 or even younger year old [b]child soldiers [/b]in Africa - when asked "how many people have you killed?" his answer was 2 !

yesterday, i have suggest we do not utilise this death for fuelling our debate. A lot of you have supported the idea; it has been a non wanted accident.

Today again I repeat we should not use this, particularly when twisting the facts: this poor young boy was just a passer by, probably playing, not understanding the situation.

Shame on those who are playing with this death and the facts....

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Than you should ask the red supporters here not to bring it up again and again in an attempt to make the government look bad

----------------------------------------------------------------------

<deleted> ... JcBangkok asked a question and some replied... he knew he had it coming...

and stop branding every body red/yellow or any other color .. tht kid had no color on him...stay human for a moment pls...

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone kows more about this?:

Just posted on another TV thread....

Red Shirt Leaders Willing to Negotiate Cease Fire

Nuthawut Saikua has announced that the red shirt leaders are now willing to negotiate a ceasefire with the government without any further conditions.

The DAAD has earlier demanded that an international organization mediate the peace talks, but after a strong refusal from the government, the red shirt leaders are now willing to talk under any and all circumstances.

tanlogo.jpg

-- Tan Network 2010-05-17

footer_n.gif

What those red supporters here do not seem to realize, they are not posting to some Issan farmers or a bunch of crooks and their simple lies, false statements, at time delusional comments excusing the reds behavior shows very clearly where they are coming from. Add to this the extraordinary lies and calls to fight from their leaders, as well as the armed attacks at soldiers and infrastructure, looting etc.. and it becomes very clear that they are a very dangerous, terrorist mob which has to be dealt with quickly and with severity

It also becomes clear that their top leader, Thaksin will pose a threat to the country as long as he is free or alive

ABSURD.

these are dirt poor people we are talking about. they live in hovels. if you knew bangkok, you would know this. obvoiusly you have never visited these neighorhoods. and you would know that they cant just pull out a visa card and check into a hotel somewhere else.

i dont know how many thousands of people today are trying to do simple things like find food for their children and they are doing so in abject terror of a sniper's bullet piercing their skull.

anybody who thinks only reds are dying is self delusional. that's not what happens when combat occurs in densely populated neighborhoods.

and its not only that innocent blood is flowing. go take a look at the terror in people's eyes. go look at young children crying as they have no idea what is going on, except that that their mother is crying in fear.

you and a few others have consistently bayed for blood in your postings over the last few weeks.

congratulations JC.

you keyboard warriors are real men.

Then why have the red shirts expanded their barricades into these areas? If the reds are worried about these people, then at least pull back into their original protest areas that didn't include these poor neighborhoods.

Most of us have consistently bayed for the protestors to go home. They have a perfect opportunity now before 3pm.

With all due respect to those killed this past week in the violence can anybody tell me (beyond the soldiers) if any person died who was not willfully disobeying lawful orders from the government or military?

the ten year old boy.

the pregnant woman killed near the Indra hotel.

what u dont understand is that fighting is going on around people trying to live their lives. In RatchaProp and Bon Kai people are being terrorized by Army snipers.

I'm telling you what residents have told me. And im telling you what i have seen in people's faces. And too the fear that i myself have experienced.

I have to believe that if we visit Din Daeng, Rama 1, Victory monument etc. we will be told the same thing.

if you believe innocent people aren't dying then you u just need to go look for yourself. Though i dont really recommend it unless you know something about urban combat.

Haven't there been lawful orders issued numerous times for citizens to stay out this area? Isn't being in these area punishable by 1 year in jail?

ABSURD.

these are dirt poor people we are talking about. they live in hovels. if you knew bangkok, you would know this. obvoiusly you have never visited these neighorhoods. and you would know that they cant just pull out a visa card and check into a hotel somewhere else.

i dont know how many thousands of people today are trying to do simple things like find food for their children and they are doing so in abject terror of a sniper's bullet piercing their skull.

anybody who thinks only reds are dying is self delusional. that's not what happens when combat occurs in densely populated neighborhoods.

and its not only that innocent blood is flowing. go take a look at the terror in people's eyes. go look at young children crying as they have no idea what is going on, except that that their mother is crying in fear.

you and a few others have consistently bayed for blood in your postings over the last few weeks.

congratulations JC.

Again, my question still stands. I have yet to hear a report of one of these people living in the area being killed or anyone obeying lawful orders to vacate the area and contact authorities for assistance if they need any assistance to relocate. I simply asked a question and am still waiting for an answer. Your answer appears to state these are poor citizens who live in the poor area but I have yet to see anyone else suggest this with any kind of proof.

People from Burma call it Burma.

There are Burmese people, no Myanmarians, nor Myanmarites.

Only the government calls it Myanmar.

The people only use that word when they

are talking with soldiers or government personnel,

and don't want to get in trouble.

Thanks for that ... always wondered when I hear the different names and see it shown differently on a map. I had just did a google search too and this might also help understand if correct:

The name "Burma" is derived from the Burmese word "Bamar" (), which in turn is the colloquial form of Myanmar () (or Mranma in old Burmese), both of which historically referred to the majority Burmans (or the Bamar). Depending on the register used the pronunciation would be "Bama" or "Myanmah". The name "Burma" has been in use in English since the time of British colonial rule.

The two names are correct (from burmese speaking friend). It's the different use of the words. The military junta use "Myanmar" against "Burma, Birma" as a word from colonial rule and the use of the opposition. You see, the war of words. (protesters, mob, terrorists, killers)

This war works, because you hear a word and you make your own connotation at the level your are "addicted" to the degree of your delusion. More you hear the same words with the special connotation, more you are addicted to this connotation. This addiction creates a loss of perception for reality. More you see "facts" of reality, more you retreat to the words and their connotation, and in defence of your theatened delusion you repeat the same obsessively. We have some examples here in the forum.

I have heard that the highway between the Airport and Pattaya has now been blocked by Red Shirts using 300 trucks, there is also report that the port of Rayong has been taken over as well.

Other reports are of uprisings in the NE, with many 1,000's descending on Bangkok in large convoys of pickups. Plus reports that they are blocking more and more roads to Bangkok.

Can anyone corroborate any of these reports.

This is getting really serious.

Do you mind sharing where you 'heard' these reports?

Anyone like to take a look and listen (in English) to what this Thai lady has to say about Thaksin

1:13

Well...

Well at least it is from the heart. No fence sitting there.

She had better hope that the red's don't prevail and Thaksin is back though.

Not always good thing to wear your heart on your sleeve like that.

I hope to god it doesn't turn out to be the daughter of someone in the public eye coz if that goes up on stage at the red rally, it might just raise the tension a bit.

A brave lass, I think that she is studying at the Australian School of Diplomacy, Canberra. :)

That's from the heart, more and more are going to speak out as they watch their country burn.

I don't think she learned here English in Australia. The emphasis on [Thaksin] "You F...ing Idiot!", is right out of Hollywood.

ABSURD.

congratulations JC.

Then why have the red shirts expanded their barricades into these areas? If the reds are worried about these people, then at least pull back into their original protest areas that didn't include these poor neighborhoods.

Most of us have consistently bayed for the protestors to go home. They have a perfect opportunity now before 3pm.

If the reds leaders would give a flying fart about these people they would turn themselves in now and tell them to go home - but it is obvious they don't

What those red supporters here do not seem to realize, they are not posting to some Issan farmers or a bunch of crooks and their simple lies, false statements, at time delusional comments excusing the reds behavior shows very clearly where they are coming from. Add to this the extraordinary lies and calls to fight from their leaders, as well as the armed attacks at soldiers and infrastructure, looting etc.. and it becomes very clear that they are a very dangerous, terrorist mob which has to be dealt with quickly and with severity

It also becomes clear that their top leader, Thaksin will pose a threat to the country as long as he is free or alive

I bet a large majority of this forums reds supporters have been brain washed by their lovely thai wife or girlfriends and they are to scared to stand up to them. :)

I bet a large majority of this forums reds supporters have been brain washed by their lovely thai wife or girlfriends and they are to scared to stand up to them. :D

I can guess what the penalty is if they don't conform :) the rest are most likely Thai's who are paid for their efforts

Edited by BKjohn

Thanks for that ... always wondered when I hear the different names and see it shown differently on a map. I had just did a google search too and this might also help understand if correct:

The name "Burma" is derived from the Burmese word "Bamar" (), which in turn is the colloquial form of Myanmar () (or Mranma in old Burmese), both of which historically referred to the majority Burmans (or the Bamar). Depending on the register used the pronunciation would be "Bama" or "Myanmah". The name "Burma" has been in use in English since the time of British colonial rule.

English is an evolving language. Avoid being pedantic. If you need absolute correctness use Latin or Ancient Greek. I'll collect a wager from you if 'youse' ain't the plural of 'you' in 100 years. Payable in real terms.

Onya mate. :):D (Mc Lovin' the smileys)

For absolutely correcteness Pali is better than Latin. It's the same language family. Pali is the language of the Buddha.

I bet a large majority of this forums reds supporters have been brain washed by their lovely thai wife or girlfriends and they are to scared to stand up to them. :)

Strange part is that anybody who's against violence is a RED now... :D

Don't know who's brainwashing those American soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan though...

I bet a large majority of this forums reds supporters have been brain washed by their lovely thai wife or girlfriends and they are to scared to stand up to them. :D

I can guess what the penalty is if they don't conform :) the rest are most likely Thai's who are paid for their efforts

The penalty could be anything from missing out on something to getting a quick stab or being kicked out of their own house :D

TAN: According to INN, red shirt leaders are now willing to negotiate ceasefire without any condition

Sense coming from the red shirts at last.

Now let's see if the protestors pull back, or it's just another red herring.

Most likely a trick - as soon as the army pulls back out comes the same BS we had before ... Government must ............. hope Abhisit doesn't fall for this - if they are serious they will have to unilaterally lay down their arms and the leaders give themselves up without delay ....

Fool me once shame on you.

Fool me twice shame in ME!

I think Abhisit knows their game at this point.

Nuthawut Saikua has announced that the red shirt leaders are now willing to negotiate a ceasefire with the government without any further conditions.

The DAAD has earlier demanded that an international organization mediate the peace talks, but after a strong refusal from the government, the red shirt leaders are now willing to talk under any and all circumstances.

tanlogo.jpg

footer_n.gif

I think it would be more apt to say "Red Shirt Leaders Willing to Negotiate Surrender". They know what is coming.

Nathawut, how can you look the families of those you sacrificed in the eyes and say this was worth dying for?

That's from the heart, more and more are going to speak out as they watch their country burn.

I don't think she learned here English in Australia. The emphasis on [Thaksin] "You F...ing Idiot!", is right out of Hollywood.

And as for assets and wealth that should be in the public purse. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

English is an evolving language. Avoid being pedantic. If you need absolute correctness use Latin or Ancient Greek. I'll collect a wager from you if 'youse' ain't the plural of 'you' in 100 years. Payable in real terms.

Onya mate. :):D (Mc Lovin' the smileys)

For absolutely correcteness Pali is better than Latin. It's the same language family. Pali is the language of the Buddha.

I thought "bulls.h.i.t" is official language of the forum .... :D

Don't know who's brainwashing those American soldiers in Iraq and Afghanistan though...

here we go - the red front fighting back :) with the usual BS - everybody here who is against the reds would absolutely love to see them packing up their <deleted> and getting on the buses provided to head home - we do not enjoy having the city held hostage, we do not enjoy having our businesses screwed up by you we do not enjoy being held at ransom by a violent mob - GO HOME AND YOU WONT' GET SHOT how much simpler can it be ???????????

Edited by BKjohn

Then why have the red shirts expanded their barricades into these areas?

its good question as to why the uprising of bangkok neighborhoods is occuring.

unfortunately i asked that question only once in bon kai. the answer came back in english: "we hate thai army." this from a young man crouching in his doorway half a block away from detonating grenades, so its a bit much to expect his answer was a considered one.and of course i have no idea if he speaks for others.

from the higher level point of view of the red strategy and tactics, the critical position of bon kai as a conduit for supplies is clear and i have posted on this earlier.

tanlogo.jpg

footer_n.gif

I think it would be more apt to say "Red Shirt Leaders Willing to Negotiate Surrender". They know what is coming.

Nathawut, how can you look the families of those you sacrificed in the eyes and say this was worth dying for?

Easy, he doesn't, he just looks at his bank account and sees those transfers from Dubai and Montenegro. It was all worth it to him, as long as he gets on a flight out. Then he won't have to think about those people again.

here we go - the red front fighting back :) with the usual BS - everybody here who is against the reds would absolutel love to see them packing up their <deleted> and getting on the buses provided to head home - we do not enjoy having the city held hostage, we do not enjoy having our businesses screwed up by you we do not enjoy being held at ransom by a violent mob - GO HOME AND YOU WONT' GET SHOT how much simpler can it be ???????????

I would love to see what those "we" are actually doing other thn crapping on their keyboards... :D

So I deduct than the government supporter thai wifes or girlfriends are not lovely: this is only a jealousy conflict. :):D:D

tanlogo.jpg

footer_n.gif

To late to negotiate they had every chance ,It may have something to do with an imminent crackdown and also the piggy banks are becoming empty.

I understand your point but what I dont understand is how the military have allowed them to expand their protest areas over the last 3 or 4 days. The protest area was supposed to be closed off. This problem could have been contained by a trained military force.

Yes they have had every opportunity to go home. I fully understand the protests need to end. But the peaceful protesters need to be arrested and not shot. My concern is that a few 'terrorist' Red Shirts combined with an aggressive army crackdown might end up with a massacre of basically 'innocent lives'. Now people will say they are not 'innocent', they should accept the consequences etc. But the consequences will really be an increasingly divided Nation where ultimately military control will simply be enforced on the basis that it is a 'failed democracy.'

So we've changed from "innocent peaceful protesters" to "civilians". When you take off your red shirt, you're no longer a redshirt even while you are attacking soldiers. And given the incredibly low number of people killed, it is obvious that the army is not wantonly killing, ask the guy with the hole in his foot.

I must be dreaming . Have you ever heard of protest frequently turning violent anywhere in the word .

This is a protest not a tea party ..

The reds , right or wrong , have a deep sense of injustice done to them , like a majority of

Isaan ppl . I can understand that ... They have been robbed of their vote in Sept 2006

I would put the blame for non lethal violence , blockade , tear gas and so on more on the reds

They should had negociated then pulled back after the PM announced his roadmap

However i put the blame for civilian deaths squarely on the governement .

The army use live bullets ... Those are not accidental deaths

And as for assets and wealth that should be in the public purse. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Agreed. Stopping corruption will help full the public coffers. Legitimate wealth goes for legitimate business investment which makes more money through taxes. A lot of laws will need to be enforced.

BBC reporting now much more balanced.

Sean Boonpracond speaking for the reds admitted some of the reds are armed.

He also failed to answer BBC question "why don't you just leave"?

He also claimed most foreigners supported the reds. (Well I for one do not)

Video of young Thai thugs building piles of tyres for burning. Are these people on Yaba or what?

To late to negotiate they had every chance ,It may have something to do with an imminent crackdown and also the piggy banks are becoming empty.

It is never too late to negotiate.

After all they can negotiate whether they get a sleeping place in their cell in the middle of it or against a wall. I see few other options

Edited by harrry