Can I Go To Ramkamhaeng Road Bangkok 10250

blackbox

I am planing on staying in that area in the start of next month but I am in doubt if it's safe to go there. Any contribution would be lovely.

-First post in this forum, so I hope have posted my question correct:-)

Ramkhamhaeng is miles away from the red zone, so, as things stand right now, you will be fine.

Normal common sense applies - avoid the city centre, don't wear certain colours (red, yellow) and refrain from expressing political opinions in public places.

Edited by heebee

Ramkhamhaeng is miles away from the red zone, so, as things stand right now, you will be fine.

Normal common sense applies - avoid the city centre, don't wear certain colours (red, yellow) and refrain from expressing political opinions in public places.

As the previous poster mentions, it's too far from the red zone for any violence to spill over. On top of that it is not home to any possible targets of commercial or political value, so it is hard to conceive of any reason for violence or clashes to break out there. And the journey from the airport does not pass through any troubled areas.

The turn of events leading to the street fighting has been hard to predict, but civilians have not been fighting each other. There should not be any danger in staying around this area, even if the situation deteriorates further.

I live in Ramkamhaeng, and it is not 99%, but even 100% "life as usual".

as the other member said, it is very far from the turmoil-area, and coming from the airport, you get off the taxi about 10-14 km away from that area. Plenty of shopping malls, restaurants, pubs (all catering to Thai clientele of course, but that's one nice thing about this area), all those Tescos, BigC's and Carrefour's you need for your daily life.....

Do not worry ! Welcome to Ramkamhaeng, which is part of the Bangkapi-Huamak district, Bangkok's (and probably Thailand's) most lively and pulsating area

Do not worry ! Welcome to Ramkamhaeng, which is part of the Bangkapi-Huamak district, Bangkok's (and probably Thailand's) most lively and pulsating area

LOL... I think Ratchaprasong would beg to differ at the moment :)

Seriously though, Ramkhamhaeng is fine and has largely been unaffected by any protests, this is the area we go to every weekend including today.