Roads To Suvarnabhumi

oldmajor

Good Day All,

I'm supposed to be leaving BKK for Singapore for a couple of days on Tuesday night.

I see that Swampy is asking to get there early, but a buddy mentioned that the roads to the airport were blocked. Can anybody confirm or update this?

Thanks a lot

I've read the road to the port at Laem Chabang is blocked, but not Swampy.

What the hel_l is "swampy"?

Are you refering to the re-claimed land the new airport was built on?

Is this your un educated attempt to discredit a fine (one in many) infrastructure project that the Taksin administration undertook?

Is this your un educated attempt to discredit a fine (one in many) infrastructure project that the Taksin administration undertook?

His Majesty himself bestowed the name of "Suvarnabhumi International Airport" upon the finely crafted complex. A beautiful name that inspired a true wonder of modern Thai culture!

His Majesty himself bestowed the name of "Suvarnabhumi International Airport" upon the finely crafted complex. A beautiful name that inspired a true wonder of modern Thai culture!

Correct!

I personally worked on this project and i can assure you it is world class!

These idiots...if they don't like Thailand why don't they just leave?

Yes, an unpronounceable name for us farangs, therefore we invented an easier nickname derived from Cobra Swamp, thus Swampy, the area know as such before the megalomaniac project was undertaken. (and they still need to run a second airport to handle 40 domestic flights movements/day) :)

Edit: and Livinginexile, it is not because you worked on that project that you have a world class airport, it is not.

I worked on the Munich and Dubai airport projects and in my humble opinion The unpronounceable airport was not built for airline travellers.

Edited by tartempion

Correct!

Thanks for creating a wonderful convenient airport. So much better than Don Muang.

One of the problems with thaivisa (apart from the pompous, self-rightous prigs who correct grammer etc) is that other posters evade the question. In this case the original poster simply asked if the roads to the airport are open.

Simple yes/no/or accurate fact answers are only necessary.

Victory Monument is blocked so I'm stuck for now. Lucky I have food for a week and don't need to travel until next month.

The Airport (Suvarnabhumi) that is still getting repairs because Thaksin rushed the job.

He was waiting to change the area to Thaksin City. That didn't happen thank goodness.

Thaksin is spelt T.H.A.K.S.I.N Mr.Red

Correct!

I agree. And Suwannapoom is easy pronounce!

Which road is blocked, I travel to the port everyday (From Pattaya) and other than the road works creating havoc Ive not seen any closed.

Victory Monument is blocked so I'm stuck for now. Lucky I have food for a week and don't need to travel until next month.

The Airport (Suvarnabhumi) that is still getting repairs because Thaksin rushed the job.

He was waiting to change the area to Thaksin City. That didn't happen thank goodness.

Thaksin is spelt T.H.A.K.S.I.N Mr.Red

Good point. If you live on Silom or at Victory Monument, then yes....roads to Swampy are blocked. If outside redzone, then sounds like pretty good chance to make it without issue.

Correct!

Bitter much? Its just a nickname!!!

Correct!

:D Of course somebody that worked on it would say that.

Whilst it may be a fine airport & better than many of the airports I have used, it should be, its one of the newest & we don't need to debate its flaws, do we? :D

By the way, were you responsible for the shemozal of a runway.....the one that keeps breaking apart :D . I wonder how much $$$ was pocketed from this project :)

Correct!

Take a chill pill dude. :)

Correct!

As a matter of interest if it's so world class how come the runway was cracking up after a few months? Also the rest rooms are totally inadequate. Just a couple of examples that are certainly not world class. Fact is, it looks pretty but thats about it.

Lastly, Swampy is nothing more than a harmless nickname. Surely there are more important things to get worked up about. :)

Edited by carmine

Correct!

Whilst it may be a fine airport & better than many of the airports I have used, it should be, its one of the newest & we don't need to debate its flaws, do we? :D

By the way, were you responsible for the shemozal of a runway.....the one that keeps breaking apart :D . I wonder how much $$$ was pocketed from this project :)

I wonder if he had anything to do with the genius idea of making the roof out of glass? This is the tropics for christ's sake...the check-in area can be nauseatingly hot if the sun happens to be out(almost everyday). Place is a freaking greenhouse...last time I was there immigration had umbrellas to protect from the heat :D

One of the problems with thaivisa (apart from the pompous, self-rightous prigs who correct grammer etc) is that other posters evade the question. In this case the original poster simply asked if the roads to the airport are open.

Simple yes/no/or accurate fact answers are only necessary.

I know mate,there are some very strange people on this forum.Would like some figures on how many people have stopped visiting this thaivisa due to moronic behaviour by some on here.

I try to avoid pathetic answers but i am a sucker for responding to racist remarks by the great unwashed in Bangkok

Correct!

I wonder if he had anything to do with the genius idea of making the roof out of glass? This is the tropics for christ's sake...the check-in area can be nauseatingly hot if the sun happens to be out(almost everyday). Place is a freaking greenhouse...last time I was there immigration had umbrellas to protect from the heat :D

Are you living in exile,livinginexile,now that you have admitted to working on that unbelievably bad project.

In common with the names of prominent figures please avoid using nicknames, or at least mention the real name in your post title so that forum search and Google can find your thread.

I've edited the thread title.

And since this thread seems to have degenerated into a mud slinging match it's closed.

If anything changes regarding airport access please start a new thread or PM a mod to re-open this one