Cambodia & Vietnam

Darius

All

Thinking of going to Cambodia, Siam Reap, visiting Ankar Wat.

Anyone been?

Any recommend hotels?

Any recommend nightlife?

Also thinking of going to Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City.

Anyone been?

Any recommend hotels?

Any recommend nightlife?

Also any info on flights from Bangkok, carnt seem to find any for under 10,000B

Cheers Darius

Edited by Darius

I have just returned from Vietnam, Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh and in between. In Ho Chi Minh try the Palace Hotel(3star), comfortable, roof top pool with city view, around US$40, Renaissance Riverside(5star) around US$95. Both situated in the main tourist areas for sightseeing and nightlife. However nightlife is not as exciting as Thailand, in bars and discos the girls are very pushy, even in the streets. Asking rate is US$50 for one hour, but bargain like everything in Vietnam. Check hotel is girl friendly before bringing one back. You will actually see better looking girls working in your hotel and other places then you will find in the bars.

Many things to see around Ho Chi Minh, Mekong is a must as are the Cu Chi tunnels. Look for Fimex Tourist located near both of the above hotels and next to the underground bar. Small group day trips, Mekong $12 & Cu Chi $6, very professional.

If you get a chance visit Hanoi, two very different cities, highly recommend the Melia Hotel.

Look at www.asiarooms.com for bookings.

Good luck

All

Thinking of going to Cambodia, Siam Reap, visiting Ankar Wat. 

Anyone been?

Any recommend hotels?

Any recommend nightlife?

Also thinking of going to Vietnam, Ho Chi Minh City.

Anyone been?

Any recommend hotels?

Any recommend nightlife?

Also any info on flights from Bangkok, carnt seem to find any for under 10,000B

Cheers Darius

• 3 years later...

Darius

Stayed in Siem Reap several times.

Walking distance to Old market , Pub Street and main street:

Continental Guesthouse, US$ 5.00 - 8.00

No 044, Sivutha Blv

tel. 016 940 631 / 012 414 782

At the other side of the river, but still in walking distance to Old market, Pub Street and main street:

Angkor Thom Hotel, US$ 10.00 - 15.00

No 18, Wat Bo Street

tel. 012 895 144 / 063 964 862

e-mail: [email protected]

Sam So Guesthouse, US$ 10.00 - 15.00

No 0164, Wat Bo Street

tel. 012 630 590 / 012 630 927 / 012 634 907

During your stay in Siem Reap and your visit to Angkor Wat I can recommend the following tuk-tuk driver:

Mr. Bunny

tel. 092 852 492 / 092 773 893

This is a very nice guy, speaks good English and has knowledge of the temples. He also can pick you up from the airport or the bus station if you inform him in advance. Knows the streets, comes on time, trustworthy and very helpful, most important off all, he doesn't ripp you off. I always use his services and call him before I arrive to pick me up at the bus station.

The place I prefer to stay is Continental Guesthouse. Its location is in the center of Siem Reap but away from the noise of the bars and pubs. Good place to exchange your money is about 150 meters at the right side of the guesthouse. Excellent bakery 10 meters at the left side. Downstairs there is a small restaurant with good food and very reasonable prices, they also have real massage for little money.

Henri