Cricket Coverage

Edward B

Hey.. you Cricket Fans..

I am a Cricket Fan too. It is very frustrating to live without it.

If any of you find a way to watch cricket in Thailand, please inform me too.

England is touring Sri Lanka now.

So all of you English Cricket Fans..

Good luck..

Hmm…get ready to get hammered… We slog and sometimes we throw..but we win.. you know ? :o:DB)

This post is for Kwiz117

B):o:DB)

Opps

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/sport/articl...25638?source=PA

18 November 2003

Latest score: Sri Lanka 26-0 (5.0 overs)

England 88 all out (46.1 overs)

England won the toss

England avoided registering their lowest-ever one-day international score but the step up in class on the second leg of their winter tour was emphatically spelt out at the Rangiri Stadium.

Sri Lanka sliced through their batting as the tourists failed to deal with a nagging attack on a slow surface and their dismissal for 88 was only two runs better than the total they mustered against Australia at Old Trafford in 2001.

Having beaten minnows Bangladesh so comfortably, the tourists were well aware that stiffer tests lay ahead but they could not have expected such a demoralising start to the three-match series.

Only Paul Collingwood of the recognised batsmen, who was eighth out for 31, laid anchor and perhaps just as surprising was that Muttiah Muralitharan, the hosts' most prolific bowler, did not strike until after his departure.

In fact, England only avoided the ignominy of an all-time low thanks to a last-wicket stand of 21, the best of the innings, between Ashley Giles, who finished with 21, and James Anderson.

Debutant Andrew Strauss - the Middlesex captain having taken the place of Vikram Solanki, who managed a combined 11 runs in three innings in the Bangladesh whitewash that preceded this trip - was the first of a steady trickle of wickets.

Strauss, 26, had made two half-centuries in his two chances on tour so far and despite being beaten a couple of times outside the off-stump by Chaminda Vaas in the first over, got off the mark with a confident push through the off-side for three.

That would have settled the nerves, after captain Michael Vaughan won the toss having lost all five in Bangladesh, but Strauss offered a return chance in the fourth over of the morning to be well held low down by seamer Dinusha Fernando, one of two newcomers in the Sri Lankan line-up.

A lunchtime shower had threatened the start time but play got underway as scheduled at 2.30pm local time and Trescothick - a major success on the 2001 tour to the island - struck the first boundary of the day from the seventh delivery, a drive through point from Fernando's first delivery in international cricket.

But three consecutive maidens after Strauss' departure increased the pressure and it told in the seventh over when Trescothick inside-edged past his leg-stump for four - the last boundary until Richard Johnson bludgeoned an Upul Chandana delivery 31 overs later - and fell next ball as an attempted loft over the top off left-armer Vaas' bowling failed to clear Nuwan Kulasekera, the other home fresher, at mid-on.

Vaughan took 15 balls to get off the mark, doing so with a wristy flick to leg off Vaas but succumbed soon afterwards as Fernando claimed his second international victim, bowling the Yorkshire batsman via an inside edge.

Andrew Flintoff, man of the match in every one-day international so far this winter, lobbed over short midwicket to get going today but another uppish shot to a disguised slower ball signalled his end as he drove Vaas straight to cover.

And half the side were dismissed inside 19 overs when Rikki Clarke played all around a straight delivery from Kulasekera.

When Ian Blackwell flashed Kulasekera to point it slumped the tourists to 44 for six and brought back memories of the 10-wicket drubbing by Australia in Sydney earlier this year when Collingwood got them to three figures from a position of 45 for six.

However, from 44 for six, Chris Read edged a prod at leg-spinner Chandana to slip where Mahela Jayawardene's fingers clutched the ball above the turf and Collingwood's gutsy 95-ball innings was curtailed when he scooped straight back to the bowler.

Johnson displayed his intent by striking Chandana over mid-on but perished to Murali, who slipped one through an aggressive swipe to the leg side.

But Giles took the team past the previous basement score by driving Sanath Jayasuriya's left-arm spin through the covers for a couple before Jayawardene's second stunning catch in the slips, again one-handed and at full stretch, off Vaas, completed the innings with 23 balls left unused.

So swift was England's demise that they were back on the field within 10 minutes in an attempt to defend their miserable total.

Competition rules state the first session closes at 6pm, regardless of the state of the contest, and that allowed openers Sanath Jayasuriya and Romesh Kaluwitharana to display their usual gusto.

They struck four boundaries in the first three overs - as many as England managed in their entire innings - as the Sri Lankans reached the interval on 26 for no loss.

B)B)B)

Kan Win,

Yea..more to come..

Hope rain will not spoil the tour.

Heard that all Hotels in Colombo and sub. full of Brits who had come to support England.

It's nice to see how much we respect England though we were under you for years. It's a privilege to have England Team playing in Sri Lanka and also is a dream of mine to watch a Cricket Match at Lords.

I will open up another thread.

By the way, do you watch this live? if so, how?

Best Wishes for comming matches.

:o

B)

Kwiz117 Wrote this:-

Heard that all Hotels in Colombo and sub. full of Brits who had come to support England.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other half of England are in Sydney for Saturday’s Game. B)

Maybe they will make a stop over in Ceylon going back to England after the match. B)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kwiz117 Wrote this:- B)

It's nice to see how much we respect England though we were under you for years.

Bad move. B) I am not English – only a Refugee from a Non E.U. Country. B):oB)

But, hey, lets have some fun. :D

B)

Kwiz117 Wrote this:-

The other half of England are in Sydney for Saturday’s Game.  B)

Maybe they will make a stop over in Ceylon going back to England after the match.  B)

Kwiz117 Wrote this:-  B)

It's nice to see how much we respect England though we were under you for years.

Bad move.  B)  I am not English – only a Refugee from a Non E.U. Country.  :o

But, hey, lets have some fun.  :D

Cat got your tongue ? Kwiz117

I tried to help you in Sports, but you tried to bring Politic into Sports on the back of my Fred ………..

Bad Move as mentioned. Still no answer for you ehhhhh……… Shame on you…….

Anyway, I still drink Ceylon Teas sometimes and not Sri Lanka Teas, as the packed from your good Country Teas says.

B)B)B)

Poor old edward asked a bit of a dumb question but the reponse by some people here is disgraceful.

Someone asks for a bit of friendly advice and some dikhead tells him to go home. Gees Mr Woof you must be having a bad day. Eat some more fibre it might help you overcome your constipated outlook.

Personally i find it too diffcult to play cricket with all this metal around me, soi'll just have a beer and imagine the glory of the Aussies as we whitewash to Indians into crikcet oblivion. Hey maybe it will be safe to walk past a suit shop while the cricket season is with us !! :o

Cat got your tongue ? Kwiz117

I tried to help you in Sports, but you tried to bring Politic into Sports on the back of my Fred ………..

Bad Move as mentioned. Still no answer for you ehhhhh……… Shame on you…….

Anyway, I still drink Ceylon Teas sometimes and not Sri Lanka Teas, as the packed from your good Country Teas says.

B):D:o

Where did I discuss politics with you here...? Show me..

I was trying to say that we do respect the Game gifted to us by England, when we were under them.

It's not only Sri Lankan's..but Indian's too..

Though England introduced the game, we all have come out with new tricks and so many variations during this period together.

Funny that you could not get this simple meaning here..

Hope you have read the Match Report in Cricinfo.com about the present Test playing in Galle.

You will see, how much the commentators them self talk about the surrounding area around the Galle Stadium and to what extent it is reflecting the old memories of Dutch and English occupation in the Country..

I am really amazed the way you took my comments and obviously you seems to be not interested in the History of the Game.

Possibly you are just another lover of "One day" versions. Sadly that is not my type.

B)B)

Guest IT Manager

I swear you kids could turn a backyard cricket game into a fight. Stop it or you will get grounded for the weekend and no internet for a month.

If anyone is interested in Australia V's India there is live Audio coverage and text commentry on each ball bowled. There is also Video highlights of the games and lists of up and comming matches..

Its an Aussie website with lots of cricket news however unfortunantly, it being an aussie website they only really show the games in Aus :o ..neways.... take a look

http://www-aus.cricket.org/db/NATIONAL/AUS...CHES/AUDIO.html

If anyone is interested in Australia V's India there is live Audio coverage and text commentry on each ball bowled. There is also Video highlights of the games and lists of up and comming matches..

Its an Aussie website with lots of cricket news however unfortunantly, it being an aussie website they only really show the games in Aus :o ..neways.... take a look

http://www-aus.cricket.org/db/NATIONAL/AUS...CHES/AUDIO.html

Any live Audio coverage for england/SL series..

You can get the live test coverage from www.cricinfo.com

The first test Oz v India just finished early in a draw, no surprise there. Waugh got his 50 and declared, Indians then batted on before game called 1/2 hour early, no result possible.

Indians still ongoing probs with over rate and Ganguly was spoken to by match referee about it.

Ganguly man of the match.

Next game Adelaide 26th to 30th dec.

Australia have named same side for Adelaide test.

Still cant understand why they have games at the Gabba this time of year, weather is allways questionable.

• 2 months later...

Hi !

For any kind of information on cricket, you can contact me.

This is mahesh malani, captain of bangkok cricket club. if you have played good level of cricket and would like to pursue your cricket here in bangkok, thailand, then pls. get in touch with me. my contact details are as follows:

phone: 01-5500466

e-mail: [email protected]

thanks and regards,

mahesh malani.

Why is there no cricket tv coverage in Thailand? Reading it live on the web is just not the same. :o

Anyone watching the TVS Cup? Anyone care?

Hi !

For any kind of information on cricket, you can contact me.

This is mahesh malani, captain of bangkok cricket club. if you have played good level of cricket and would like to pursue your cricket here in bangkok, thailand, then pls. get in touch with me. my contact details are as follows:

phone: 01-5500466

e-mail: [email protected]

thanks and regards,

mahesh malani.

• 3 weeks later...