Definition ' Protestor '

Gonzo the Face

People of all ilks have disagreements. If you are one of a number of people who disagree with some policy, action , etc., then as one or as a group you may decide to display your disagreement in the form of a protest. hence you become and are titled a protestor.

But at what point, and by what action , do you or should you become retitled as something more correct than 'protestor' ?

I would like to /see/hear others thoughts on this....

In our current situation, is the term 'protestor, or demonstrator, a misnomer?

With the Muslim difficulty in the deep south, are they protestors? or demonstrators...... where do our individual bias' kick in. as to what we call all these people....... does it depend on how close you are to the situation...??

Realistic answers please, as I mean this as a seriious question.

G

Edited by Gonzo the Face

If I email you and tell you I do not like your food I am a protester.

If I stand outside and tell others your food is lousy I am a demonstrator.

If I come in and burn the place down I am either a terrorist or a helper of humanity depending on who is telling the story,

sounds good.

If I come in and burn the place down I am either a terrorist or a helper of humanity depending on who is telling the story,

i would have thought:

if i come in and burn the place down because don't like the food, i am an arsonist.

if bash a few customers and set fire to their cars to scare people away from your food, then i am a terrorist.

Red shirt protesters are ANACHISTS! They are not democratic imposing their demands on others. Their demands keep changing even when they got promises of elections. Hang them all!

sounds good.

i would have thought:

if i come in and burn the place down because don't like the food, i am an arsonist.

if bash a few customers and set fire to their cars to scare people away from your food, then i am a terrorist.

Protesters should not have RPG & M-79's. They should be exstinguished. Have you seen the grenade safety pins on Seh Daengs hat?

Gonzo, I realize you want to have a discussion about this but we are trying to keep the regional forums just that, pertinent to regional information. There is enough difficulty keeping topics forum relevant as it is, and considering the high feelings, and inflammatory nature of many members' posts adding those into regional forums makes it doubly hard for moderators to even begin to try and keep up with the flood on this forum. For that reason, I am closing this thread and I hope you will have the consideration and courtesy to the mods to understand my reasoning behind this.

//CLOSED//