Koh Lahn Vs Koh Sichang

scorpio1945

I had a great time on Ko sichang . Me and my Thai girl friend went for a day out to Sirracha ,which itself is a nice quiet resort and noticed the ferires going to Si Chang which was the first I knew about it . It cost 40bht one way and when we got there we paid 250 bht for a songthaew to take us all around the island sightseeing . There are some stunning views there and it is very tranquil . The beach area that we ended up on was nice enough and the prices reasonable . It is very much Thai holiday style and those looking for raucous bars and the girlie scene would be better off staying in Pattaya . Personally ,I foun it a pleasure to be away from all the tattoed drunken louts that have ruined Pattaya and thoroughly enjoyed a lovely day . It is possible to stay overnight but the bungalows are a bit pricey as the Thai people tend to go in family groups and fit a whole family in a hut which probably would,dt suit some farang tastes . I,m not saying that it would be ideal for a long stay due to lack of entertainment and getting around the island but anyone seeking some real Thai style peace and tranquility could do a lot worse . Highly recommended in my view

Koh Si Chang is ideal for local residents and Bangkokians, people in need of a short break.

If I came all the way from Chiang Rai I would chose somewhere more exotic by the Andaman or along the coast of Chumpon, for example.

• 1 month later...

I am thinking of taking a trip to Koh Si Chang in the next couple of weeks and wanted to verify from where the ferry departs? On the K S C website it says the ferry departs Koh Loy, is this correct?

I always thought the departure was from another pier a little further south.

Getting to Koh Chang: follow Route 3 from Rayong to Trat. Just before you reach Trat you will see an enormous sign pointing towards the ferry terminal for Chang. Follow the signs. Easy!

Please note!

I asked about the ferry to Koh Si Chang, not Koh Chang.

Koh Si Chang is an island near Si Racha.

I plan to go to Koh si Chang for a day trip over Christmas, theres a few pictures of the beaches on google it looks really nice for a day or too, by all accounts theres doesnt seem to be much to do on the island, but then thats what I'm planning, nothing just a lazy day so the kids can play on the beach etc.

I am thinking of taking a trip to Koh Si Chang in the next couple of weeks and wanted to verify from where the ferry departs? On the K S C website it says the ferry departs Koh Loy, is this correct?

I always thought the departure was from another pier a little further south.

Yes, you will have to board the ferry at Koh Loy.

Here is the exact Google Maps' coordinates 13.175246,100.91971 . Just fill these numbers in the search box of maps.google.com and the green pointer is right on the top of actual ferry to Koh Si Chang.

Monsieurhappy: oops, sorry my brain refused to remind me of the difference between Koh Chang and Koh Si Chang! I've just spent a couple of days and nights on Koh Chang. It was really delightful, but don't go if you want loud girlie bars and nasty places like Macdonalds.

We went to Koh Si Chang last Friday and I've got to agree with one poster, there's not a lot to do.

On saying that, if you live within say 1 hours driving time there's enough to keep you interested for 4 - 5 hours. In other words, I wouldn't bother travelling all the way from Chaing Mai but locally it's OK.

We got a tuk tuk for 250 baht which took us everywhere around the small island with no hurry. The driver said we could spend as much time as we wanted at each site, the cost being the same. We ended up at the small sandy beach where we were able to get food and drink. My grandson went into the sea and said it was very clean water. It looked to me as if it would be safe for kids. The driver left us to eat and picked us up later at an agreed time to get us back to the pier for the return ferry which takes about 3/4 hr. One thing that did interest me was while crossing on the ferry, the large amount of shipping lying at anchor, loading and unloading from the 100's of barges which I have seen coming down river from north of Bangkok.

• 3 months later...

We went there with another couple about 4 years ago, we stayed 2 nights and that was more than enough, there is quite alot of Buddha goings on, temples, Buddha footprint etc so the girlies were happy enough, other than that then 'not alot', we did get a nice picture of Mrs E on a table with a monkey outside our bungalow one morning, the little rascals had nicked friut off our porch and Mrs E had slowly coaxed them back with fruit - hansel and grettel style until they were eating on top of the table that she was sitting at!!

Jimmy

• Like 1