Living In Self Imposed Ghetto?

backsoon

A couple of weeks ago I saw a couple of Thais wearing t-shirts with large swasticas on the front. I can't believe they had any idea of what that symbolizes.

Padfoot. I'm sure they do!

Just as as they know what Che Gevara meant and still means to the world.

But my question is to Big Brother George: Why do you close too many posts that lead to free, open and often interesting discussion on this Forum? Afraid that there is no money in it? Or just Afraid?

And, please, try to answer yourself, instead of these two cronies of yours. Tell them they can take off their dark glasses. They are transparent anyway. :)

@padfoot: First of all you must check if the Swastika is clockwise or counterclockwise :-). If it is clockwise it is a Buddhist Swastika:

In Buddhism, the swastika signifies auspiciousness and good fortune as well as the Buddha's footprints and the Buddha's heart. The swastika is said to contain the whole mind of the Buddha and can often be found imprinted on the chest, feet or palms of Buddha images. It is also the first of the 65 auspicious symbols on the footprint of the Buddha.

However the Swastika (both directions) are also used as symbols in Hindu religion.

The swastikas are ancient symbols and the Nazi's used it for their own evil purpose.

@padfoot: First of all you must check if the Swastika is clockwise or counterclockwise :-). If it is clockwise it is a Buddhist Swastika:

In Buddhism, the swastika signifies auspiciousness and good fortune as well as the Buddha's footprints and the Buddha's heart. The swastika is said to contain the whole mind of the Buddha and can often be found imprinted on the chest, feet or palms of Buddha images. It is also the first of the 65 auspicious symbols on the footprint of the Buddha.

However the Swastika (both directions) are also used as symbols in Hindu religion.

The swastikas are ancient symbols and the Nazi's used it for their own evil purpose.

Correct 100%.....other religions had other significations......the clockwise sign is extensively used in India.