Hotel

gentlemangeoff

Hello to everyone. This is my first post on this site so if I am doing anything wrong please forgive me. I am hoping to retire to Thailand (yes I am an old 'un) and have been impressed with what I have read and the photographs I have seen of Chiang Mai. I would like to visit CM to get a "feel" for the place and would be grateful to hear from anyone who can offer advice as to where to stay. I would like a hotel that costs no more than 1000 baht per night but which has a swimming pool and gym (hope this is not asking too much). Any suggestions?

Thanks

Try the Centara Duangtawan. It has gym and swimming pool, is right in the centre of things, and you should be able to get a room there for around 1000 bt. I have stayed there in the past for around this price, albeit a couple of years ago. I wouldn't have thought their rates would have increased that much, especially now that there are very few tourists around and it is low season.

The Montri Hotel at Thapae Gate is 900 baht a night including breakfast. Great Location but it doesn't have a pool, but for 60 baht you could walk to Tamarind Village or Top North Hotel and use their pool. They are only a block away.

Probably best to hold off a bit, op, while things die down.

The aptly-named Raming Lodge down Loi Kroh Road looks nice and could probably be had for a grand. No gym though.

Earl; while nice, the Amari is hardly five star (more like 3/4)... Le Meridien and Shangri La are five stars :)