Where To Obtain A Passport Photo For A US Passport Renewal

connda

Posted (edited)

I need to get a picture for a US Passport renewal.  The US State Department are nitpickers about the correct photo size and composition and will reject applications with incorrect photos.

I'm looking for a photo shop -- that has adequate parking -- where I can get a US passport photo that will pass the State Department's requirements.  Considering it takes 6 to 8 weeks now to mail-in and renew a US passport, I don't want the application rejected due to a bad passport picture.

Key takeaways:
1. Photo shop that can take US passport pictures that meet the State Department's requirements
2. Gotta be able to find car parking near the store (I'm getting to old to walk)

Edited by connda

Posted (edited)

they do them at CM immig in the copy room for 100 or there is a shop across by CM gate that does them for 200 and has a yellow sign on the door saying so......ive used both of these places and never has any issues with photo size /nitpicking

also did my US PP by mail in Cm and had it back from BKK in 3 weeks........so both of your claims are false.....

the sizing is universal for all PP and requires the same background color.....wouldnt call that nitpicking......but here we are

also there is parking nearby or just take a red truck to cm gate.....or park at CM IMMIG and go to copy shop for photos

Edited by Sticky Rice Balls
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Sticky Rice Balls said:

the sizing is universal for all PP and requires the same background color.....wouldnt call that nitpicking......but here we are

Not true. For example

US Passport Photo - 51mmx51mm

UK Passport Photo - 35mmx45mm

Other differences are that no eyeglasses allowed in US Photo but are ok in UK photo.

Star Visa just down the street from the US Consulate.... There's a parking garage across the street ....

Star also has a 2nd office behind the Big C out on the great highway....

There's a photo shop near Rim Ping rear exit at the Mae Hia market with adjoining parking....

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Star Visa just down the street from the US Consulate.... There's a parking garage across the street ....

Star also has a 2nd office behind the Big C out on the great highway....

There's a photo shop near Rim Ping rear exit at the Mae Hia market with adjoining parking....

Star Visa out by Big C on the ring road seems like a winner to me.  I know the area.  Thanks!