New Thai Consulate Opened In Langkawi, Malaysia

If you would like to live in Malaysia, they have a retirement program similar to the Thai program. The differences are:

1. No age limit

2. You can buy and own land.

3. They let you buy one car exempt from duty and tax.

If I wanted to get a non-immigrant B in Penang, how long does it take?  Can I get a 1-year visa.  Does anyone know what dates they are closed. I want to go the week before the queen's birthday.

Consulate is closed Saturday/Sunday and all local or Thai holidays. I do not believe you will receive more than a single entry B visa.

How many days does it take to get a non-B in Penang? Also does anybody know if the consulate closes before the actual queen's birthday. It is not uncommon for Thais to extend vacations. The consulate doesn't have a website.

How many days does it take to get a non-B in Penang?  Also does anybody know if the consulate closes before the actual queen's birthday.  It is not uncommon for Thais to extend vacations.  The consulate doesn't have a website.

In before noon - out next workday after 2 PM. Official holidays are normally observed by Embassies.

Hi, any cheapy rtn air fares BKK to Langkawi? :o

Udon, to get to Lankawi by air involves flying thru' Penang, which is rather self defeating. Even with Air Asia cheap fares to Penang, this route would be expensive. However Hat Yai to Satun is not expensive by van and from there it's a 2 hour ferry, on a most picturesque route to Kuah (capital of Langkawi)!

"When something seems to be to good to be true, is usually 'aint!"

Hi, any cheapy rtn air fares BKK to Langkawi? :o

Udon, to get to Lankawi by air involves flying thru' Penang, which is rather self defeating. Even with Air Asia cheap fares to Penang, this route would be expensive. However Hat Yai to Satun is not expensive by van and from there it's a 2 hour ferry, on a most picturesque route to Kuah (capital of Langkawi)!

"When something seems to be to good to be true, is usually 'aint!"

Hmmm, Hat Yai, errm, thanks for responding. :D

What has happened to jdinasia.......hopefully not lost in Langkawi or transiting Hat Yai (Big Beach)?

"When something seems to good to be true, it usully ain't"

Edited by bobfla

• 4 weeks later...