How Is The Situation In Downtown Or The Suburbs ?

THAILIBAN

in 1 hour the curfew will be lifted. I just wonder if some people are up at this moment (and can not sleep because emotionally too agitated) and have a look from their balcony, particularly in the lower Sukhumvit area, but as well Lat Phrao or On Nut, where there has been turmoil last eveing.....

everything is quiet ? army patrolling the streets? dubious individuals around ? fires ? lootings during nighttime ?

just got news: BIG C Ratjadamri on fire. Fire can not be controlled. source: nation website's twitter

all AirAsia flights before 9 a.m. cancelled. check in counters open at 7.00 a.m. ( makes sense, ground staff and crew can not get to the airport)

I live Ratchadamri and face Chitlom form 22nd floor. Here is all totally silent, frogs and birds to hear. A lot of fire trucks in front of totally burned out Central World / ZEN, can not confirm that BigC Ratchadamri is burning, can not see either, but the firetrucks from CW are not moving at all...

Time for a walk through the neighborhood!

I live on Ratchadamri with a view of Langsuan. Just saw APC's and military moving slowly down Langsuan the wrong way saying something through their loudspeaker. Unfortunately I couldn't understand what they were saying. I can see smoke from the direction of CW and have heard (what sounds like) two distant shots at about 7:10 this morning.

Hi All;

I am living out a ways on Udom Suk, about 8km's from Sukumivt end and we were very quiet last night and there were no issues. I just moved here from another location that was not so safe from what I can see on the news, very good move! I was a bit worried that things might spread when I read about the Lotus being looted/hostages held, I am not sure it was confirmed or not.

CHS

Canardo, Vescag, looks like we're living in the same area (Soi Mahadlek-1?). Do you know if there's any way to access the area at the moment to come home pick up stuff?

Take care guys.

I have been holed up inside my place on soi mahadlek-2 for a week now. The last time I checked, you must show proof of residency to gain access to the area. I've been carrying my lease agreement and passport with me if I venture out. Although it is pretty quiet here now, I know the army is still conducting rounds, so I'm not sure what your chances are. Good luck!

Canardo, Vescag, looks like we're living in the same area (Soi Mahadlek-1?). Do you know if there's any way to access the area at the moment to come home pick up stuff?

Take care guys.

I have been holed up inside my place on soi mahadlek-2 for a week now. The last time I checked, you must show proof of residency to gain access to the area. I've been carrying my lease agreement and passport with me if I venture out. Although it is pretty quiet here now, I know the army is still conducting rounds, so I'm not sure what your chances are. Good luck!

Thanks! And wow, it must have been one hel_l of a week.

Good thing I got a copy of my lease with me. Anyway, my flight back in only on Sunday, let's hope things will have settled down by then!

Take care guys.

sorry for late reply, just took a long extended walk at Siam, Ratchprasong, Petchaburi Rd....

Ratchadamri and Langsuan is still blocked by Military from Mahadlek 2 towards Silom, no way through. Whole area around Siam, Petchaburi is sealed off by Military as well however the streets are crowded by press, thais and police...

Better wait another day!